2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Welp, finally got to see the Clippers live. Man, that is an entertaining brand of basketball on the red-&-white side of LA.

Yeah, "don't play any defense I don't know how it works" seems like fun and games until you blow a giant lead to the Sacramento Kings. Having gone through this before, it's good to have a little bit of flashy, careless ball to get everyone interested again, but another year of this silliness isn't going to do Griffin's development any favors. If the Clippers are going to do anything more than the world's most dazzling 13th place finish, they need to guard people, and they need to know how to run more than one play on offense. Vinny Del Negro's crap doesn't work against big boys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the T-wolves get like Curry and someone else.

I know the Wolves perform a valuable service by taking everyone else's junk to round out trades, but could "someone else" be a notice from the league that the franchise is being contracted?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know the Wolves perform a valuable service by taking everyone else's junk to round out trades, but could "someone else" be a notice from the league that the franchise is being contracted?

Possibly haha, at this point I could care less as long as the Knicks get Carmelo.

Well Chris Broussard just told me that the Nuggets, Knicks, and Timberwolves are working on a three way deal where the Knicks get Carmelo, the Nuggets get Chandler and Brewer, and the T-wolves get like Curry and someone else.

The someone else is Anthony Randolph. Also, the Nuggets would receive a 1st round draft pick from Minnesota.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well Chris Broussard just told me that the Nuggets, Knicks, and Timberwolves are working on a three way deal where the Knicks get Carmelo, the Nuggets get Chandler and Brewer, and the T-wolves get like Curry and someone else.

The someone else is Anthony Randolph. Also, the Nuggets would receive a 1st round draft pick from Minnesota.

That's what it was, Broussard forgot to talk about that. Or I just missed it.

This sentence perfectly encapsulates the Timberwolves. "And they get like ___ and someone else." There it is.

I'm watching the Bulls play the Warriors tonight, and so my first thought was that they would get Stephen Curry. I worried about the unfairness of Stephen Curry having to languish in Minneapolis (as opposed to his current languishing in the SFBA) until I realized nobody mentioned the Warriors and that the Timberwolves would instead be acquiring Eddy Curry. Then I rolled my eyes at the worthlessness of the Timberwolves.

Cavs - Record losing streak? Yup, that's about right.

Knicks - Why would you try to make a trade for Carmello? He is going to sign in the off season anyway... so why not save your picks and prospects?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Knicks - Why would you try to make a trade for Carmello? He is going to sign in the off season anyway... so why not save your picks and prospects?

You know I never looked at it like that before. Unless you're missing something with his contract or the salary cap where it would make more sense for NY to trade for him, that's a really great point.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Yeeeeah, sure. I'll believe it when I see it, for three reasons:

1. How many times have we heard that the Knicks or Nets have been "so close" to a specific trade for Melo before it either breaks down or isn't mentioned again? I've never seen anything like it.

2. Chris Broussard is the same reporter who changed his mind five times a day on which team LeBron was "definitely" going to last summer, just so he'd always be right. I can't trust a word that comes out of that guy's mouth.

3. I find it hard to believe that any team - even the Timberwolves - wants Fat Eddy and his baggage. He may be an expiring contract but he's also a team-wrecker and a distraction - the last thing a rebuilding team like the T-Wolves needs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You know I never looked at it like that before. Unless you're missing something with his contract or the salary cap where it would make more sense for NY to trade for him, that's a really great point.

Carmelo wants the extension. So rather than take a shot, if you have to move Chandler, Curry, and Randolph for him, you do it in a heartbeat. Need to eliminate all variables. Say Denver somehow comes out of the West to the NBA Finals. You don't want him reconsidering his desire to move to NY. Strike while the iron's hot.

Besides, with this proposed deal, the Knicks wouldn't be giving up anything. Because of the salary/contract breakdown, the Knicks would have to renounce their rights to Chandler in the offseason just to make it financially feasible to sign Carmelo outright. So by making him the centerpiece of your offer, you're not giving up anything you wouldn't already have to give up. Curry is coming off the books anyway, so use his expiring monster contract for all it's worth. Anthony Randolph gets no burn and is quickly looking like a waste of time. So it is a picture perfect trade scenario for the Knicks. They don't give up Gallinari or Fields, they still have Azubuike's expiring contract, and they drastically improve their roster. I doubt the final trade will look like this... but if it does, you don't wait until July. Make it happen now.

3. I find it hard to believe that any team - even the Timberwolves - wants Fat Eddy and his baggage. He may be an expiring contract but he's also a team-wrecker and a distraction - the last thing a rebuilding team like the T-Wolves needs.

Eddy Curry is valued because of the expiring contract. He's not really a distraction considering he'll likely never get on the court for the Timberwolves. Just as he's doing no harm to the Knicks roster, he won't affect Minnesota negatively or positively, outside of providing cap relief. Also, as much as I dislike the man, Curry isn't a team wrecker or a distraction really. He never negatively impacted the Knicks in his time here, other than his performance on the court and his non-existent work ethic. Hell, the last two years he's just been glued to the pine. He usually says the right things, promises he'll be in game shape, and then shows up overweight and never sees the light of day. But from a locker room perspective, I've never heard anything bad about him. Now other former Knicks, that's a different story.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Curry wouldn't have to report to the team. I think it was Tim Thomas who had not one but two tenures with the Bulls in which he was never even invited to practice. I think he even came over in the same deal as Jerome James, who also never did anything.

I'll believe it when a certain someone passes their mandatory physical **cough**Eddy Curry**cough**. So until then I don't see this Chris Broussard "Breaking News" report to hold any value. ESPN also reported that for this trade to happen, there would need to be more players involved than currently announced. The Nuggets want more than just Wilson Chandler and Corey Brewer...i think this is going to drag out all the way until the trade deadline, just like the Nets/Pistons/Nuggets supposed trade did for the 1st half of the season.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Melo had 50 tonight (albeit in a loss). Imagine if he wasn't distracted by all this trade talk. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived