2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

The Hawks didn't lose to the Cavs or anything, but they had a pretty bad week in their own right.

Tuesday: Lost by 30 to the Sixers at home. Second home loss of 30 or more in about 4 weeks (lost by like a gazillion (100-59 to be exact) against the Hornets in late January).

Saturday: The Bobcats completed their greatest comeback in franchise history tonight against the Hawks. Came back from 22 down to win the game at the buzzer thanks to Stephen Jackson.

I can't even remember the Hawks having a bad week like this in the 13-win season! That's how bad they looked this week. Terrible way to go into a 7-game, 16-day road trip.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hawks didn't lose to the Cavs or anything...

What a difference a year makes eh? This time last season the Cavs were sporting the best record in the NBA. Now? They're the "well at least we didn't lose to" team. :D

On a different note; I'm beginning to really like NBA TV. Seems like they carry a lot of games that don't feature the "marquee" teams. I like that. It's nice to be able to watch some of the "less appealing" NBA games.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Speaking of road teams...the Wizards knocked off the Cavaliers to end their 0-for-the season road losing streak.

And there was much rejoicing in the streets of Washington, DC.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Speaking of road teams...the Wizards knocked off the Cavaliers to end their 0-for-the season road losing streak.

This makes the Clippers' loss on Friday night all the more inexcusable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Wizards are totally getting their first road win on Sunday now.

Flame, you owe me 2 bucks. :-p

From the Cavaliers' standpoint, I think it makes the season even more delightfully bizarro. This team can't even lose right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I tried to support Vinny Del Negro this season, but he needs to go. I've had it with his horrible substitutions, his terrible clock management, his love of the three-guard lineup, and his bizarre post-time out plays. Whatever he's saying at halftime isn't working, as the team ALWAYS starts out the second half slow. Losing back-to-back games against two of the sorriest teams in the league is just the icing on the cake. Olshey and Sterling, PLEASE fire Del Negro and do what you should have done this summer: hire Dwayne Casey.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I tried to support Vinny Del Negro this season, but he needs to go. I've had it with his horrible substitutions, his terrible clock management, his love of the three-guard lineup, and his bizarre post-time out plays. Whatever he's saying at halftime isn't working, as the team ALWAYS starts out the second half slow. Losing back-to-back games against two of the sorriest teams in the league is just the icing on the cake. Olshey and Sterling, PLEASE fire Del Negro and do what you should have done this summer: hire Dwayne Casey.

You're confusing the symptom for the the problem again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Indeed. We could have the ultimate dream matchup, the anti-Finals. Instead the Clippers had to crap the bed.

LOL Clippers. You lost to Toronto. That's embarrassing.

Thank G-d. Could you imagine if they lost the team that lost to the Cavs?

Don't give me the whole "It's the Clippers" crap. This mess of a roadtrip has nothing to do with the name on the front of the jersey...

I don't know. It really does seem like one of Lucifer's Fallen Angels has decided to posses this team for all eternity.

Don't give me the whole "It's the Clippers" crap. This mess of a roadtrip has nothing to do with the name on the front of the jersey and everything to do with injuries and indefensibly-bad coaching. You can't really blame Sterling for either one of those.

Sterling hired Del Negro. That's a problem.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Especially if it's true that he hired him because Jerry Reinsdorf called in a favor to stave off a lawsuit against the Bulls. Which raises the question, what in the world could Jerry Reinsdorf have possibly done for Donald Sterling that Sterling owed him a favor as large as hiring Vinny Del Negro?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Especially if it's true that he hried him because Jerry Reinsdorf called in a favor to stave off a lawsuit against the Bulls. Which raises the question, what in the world could Jerry Reinsdorf have possibly done for Donald Sterling that Sterling owed him a favor as large as hiring Vinny Del Negro?

Offered him a real sweet deal on a hockey team in Arizona.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, in other news... I can't believe the Celtics managed to hold off the Heat. I guess, LeBron and his friends won't be coming out of the East this year, and it'll be a Spurs/Celtics matchup in the Finals. Exactly the way it should be, since if you guys caught their earlier matchup this year, it was phenomenal.

Archived