2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

I wonder how much Kia paid Griffin to have him jump on it's car. ^_^ I did think the free-throw line dunk was a great dunk, but it's been done before. Griffin's car dunk was still a great dunk. He had to jump from inside the circle, jump over the hood, making sure his feet doesn't hit it, catch the ball and dunk it. So it was a combination of distance, vertical and coordination. I think that's why that was great dunk. Hey, what can you expect from the greatest Clipper dunker since Brent Barry?

Maybe of course Kia was the official car of the NBA All-Star Weekend.

I can see Blake Griffin doing Kia Commercials in the near future. Of course that may cause friction as Yugo is the Official car of the Los Angeles Clippers.

uh... I'm fully aware Kia is an NBA sponsor

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derozan didn't get any love either, his dunks were pretty nasty as well. but the finals really should have been Ibaka-McGee IMO. I might even say that Griffin's 3 dunks besides the car one, were the three worst of the contest. Just sayin'. McGees 3-ball dunk topped everything

One coud argue that Griffin was the worst dunker. McGee should have won in a blowout, and DeRozan deserved the final.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Remember the dunk contest is not just about dunking its about showmanship and presentation and the choir and the car was the best show of the night and he made the dunk on the first try. He also made the Vince Carter dunk on the first try. If you ask me Griffin won the final he had a better final than McGee. However, I would agree Serge Ibaka got screwed he should have gotten higher scores for his dunks in the first round especially taking off beyond the free throw line and pulling down the mascot with his teeth.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If you ask me Derozan got robbed and should have been in the finals with McGee. He took multiple attempts to complete his first dunk and caught the pass from behind the backboard, AND he went through the legs!!! This dunk got him a 44. Griffin's second dunk of the first round he couldn't even complete and had to change his dunk, and he got a 46. Through the legs > windmill every time, and Griffin ended up winning by 1, if Griffin had been graded fairly on it and gotten a 44 or less, Derozan was in the finals.

Honestly the Knicks better not do this deal for Carmelo, I'm hearing that they "won't budge" their offer which is good. I see no sense in giving up Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, and Mosgov for Carmelo and a washed-up Billups. Screw the Nuggets, let melo go to the Nets and win 30 games the next 3 years.

So much for "STAT & MELO: ny knicks 2011" then. :P

Also, the Nuggets are completely nuts. They're demanding that whoever wants Melo guts their entire team for him. They've wanted Griffin in return for Melo for months. They need to be brought down to reality.

Thanks for reminding me I'll fix that. :P

Edit: There's the new one...

Prokhorov is my new favorite owner in sports. I'm expecting him to come to a press conference with a pygmy giraffe and gold plated grapes one of these days.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Prokhorov is my new favorite owner in sports. I'm expecting him to come to a press conference with a pygmy giraffe and gold plated grapes one of these days.

Opulence at its finest. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Speaking of the Knicks, Isaiah is back in charge.

If I were a Knicks fan, I would be switching teams today, and I'm usually no bandwagoner. What a disgrace. This probably explains why the Knicks are going to stupidly trade away their whole core for someone who they can sign in the offseason.

Really? Like they're asking to get made fun of.

If I were a Knicks fan, I would be switching teams today, and I'm usually no bandwagoner. What a disgrace. This probably explains why the Knicks are going to stupidly trade away their whole core for someone who they can sign in the offseason.

I don't think that article is saying what you think it's saying.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't think that article is saying what you think it's saying.

?Isiah is calling the shots for New York,? said one front-office executive with knowledge of the Anthony trade talks. ?It?s a disgrace. Donnie should walk.?

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Aw man, the Knicks, man.

There are some advantages to going the trade route. It does mean cap issues might get straightened, with some space to sign a couple more FAs to replace the traded players. (Look at the way the Heat have 3 stars and not much else for evidence!)Plus who knows how easy it could be to sign free agents in the middle of a messy union situation. Also remember the Knicks got burnt waiting for free agency last summer.

That being said, I am not sure the Nuggets are necesarily in as strong a position as they seem to think they are in. It seems obvious Melo won't sign a long term contract with the Nets, at least until the summer, and the Nuggets have seemed pretty desperate to create the illusion of more of a market for Melo than there appears to be. (That Lakers rumor a couple of weeks ago for example).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Already used that joke

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nba11/nba2011.html

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Already used that joke

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nba11/nba2011.html

How would he know? It's not like anyone reads that thing anyway. :P

Archived