2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

The difference is, Boston fans get the 18-1 comments because of their arrogance and inability to handle success. Cleveland fans get comments for no reason - like, what are people expecting, that Cleveland fans should just hop on the most-successful current bandwagon instead of rooting on their teams through hard times? I can relate, having heard a lot of "why are you a Clippers fan, they suck" comments all my life, usually from the same people that also claim to hate bandwagoners. :rolleyes:

A lot of cities and fanbases can't handle success. It's not just a Bostonian-thing. I mean just look at Laker fans...

Hey, we just won another NBA Title! I wonder how I'll celebrate? I know, I'll set a car and my neighbor's place, as well as random businesses on fire! Hooray for mindless destruction and vandalism! That's the perfect way to handle success!

I'll admit, I'm equally stoked or pissed (specifically for football, as living a dying with a team for 82 to 162-plus games a year would probably result in some health issues) after my team has played, but I'm not going to go that far... ever.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical, Typical, Typical New York Knicks performance tonight. We get everybody hyped up for this team, and claim that Knicks basketball is back. And then they go out and lose to the freaking Cavs. Embarassing simpliy put.

It's really all about rebounding and defense. NY got killed on the boards by like 20 I believe. Just not going to get it done. They need a banger, like Leon Powe (fingers crossed). The offense, as usual is there. Billups kept them in the game for the 2nd straight game. But when you get crushed on the boards by 20 and let a guy like Ramon Sessions get into the paint at will and drop 22 points, you're going to lose no matter what your roster is. Bad loss, but to me, somewhat expected. The Knicks lost games like these early on before they got the chemistry built... considering half the team is new, it's going to happen. A win against Miami or Orlando should make up for this... but easier said than done. For the remainder of the season NY will win a game against a top-tier team, and lose against a Cleveland-esque team. They were a barely-over-.500 club before, and for the immediate future, I believe that won't change.

Postseason is a different story.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Typical, Typical, Typical New York Knicks performance tonight. We get everybody hyped up for this team, and claim that Knicks basketball is back. And then they go out and lose to the freaking Cavs. Embarassing simpliy put.

If you're going to do this live and die with every game :censored:, can you please start a blog or restrict it to your facebook status updates so I don't have to read it? I happen to really like this thread. Thanks.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The skid is over! Ty Corbin gets his well-deserved first career win as an NBA coach as the Jazz beat the Pacers, 95-84. The new guys, Devin Harris and Derrick Favors, looked VERY impressive today and seem to have fit in well with the team, despite the short preparation time. Harris scored 14 and dished out some very nice assists, while Favors scored 6 and showed some great power inside.

Another cool part of the night was Gordon Heyward's homecoming, as he returned back home to Indy and played well. He had a dunk in the first half that should definetely make the Sports Center top ten as well!

All in all, a fantastic performance, great team ball, and very promising performances by the newcomers tonight. I know it's just one game, but I'm very excited and thrilled to have Harris and Favors here. Of course I'm going to miss D-Will and everything, but Jazz fans have got to be happy with the new guys. :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nuggets 89, Celtics 75

Hmmmm.

Denver is now 2-0 post-Carmelo Anthony.

Are the Nuggets better without Carmelo and Billups? Probably not. But they are deeper, stronger defensively, and beating the Celtics is no east feat. (And can we please not blame the C's loss on Kendrick Perkins being dealt? It's not like Boston lost a member of the "Big 3+1". What an overreaction.)

Sometimes when a team trades a star, short term the entire team steps up and plays well but it never lasts long and the Nuggets will settle into mediocrity soon enough.

The Nuggets were mediocre WITH Carmelo!

It could be said that today, they have a better lineup and a more coachable squad for Karl today then he had with 'melo. He now has a fellow UNC guard, a scorer, and some other units which also kept them out of the Finals for years.

Today and going forward, the NYK are in a worse position than DEN talent wise. How each works the future hard salary cap is another issue which Sportsecyclopedia.

If you're going to do this live and die with every game :censored:, can you please start a blog or restrict it to your facebook status updates so I don't have to read it? I happen to really like this thread. Thanks.

Ok, sorry I'm passionate about a team.

Looks more like schizophrenia than passion. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looks more like schizophrenia than passion. :)

I have to agree, as cameron makes me look downright lucid with the Hawks pissing all over themselves this week. Though they are up by double-digits right now... however, it is the Warriors.

The skid is over! Ty Corbin gets his well-deserved first career win as an NBA coach as the Jazz beat the Pacers, 95-84. The new guys, Devin Harris and Derrick Favors, looked VERY impressive today and seem to have fit in well with the team, despite the short preparation time. Harris scored 14 and dished out some very nice assists, while Favors scored 6 and showed some great power inside.

Another cool part of the night was Gordon Heyward's homecoming, as he returned back home to Indy and played well. He had a dunk in the first half that should definetely make the Sports Center top ten as well!

All in all, a fantastic performance, great team ball, and very promising performances by the newcomers tonight. I know it's just one game, but I'm very excited and thrilled to have Harris and Favors here. Of course I'm going to miss D-Will and everything, but Jazz fans have got to be happy with the new guys. :D

And the monkey is finally off of Ty Corbin's back!! I liked what I saw tonight against the Pacers...excellent defense, especially in the first quarter. Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap were both beasts (30 Pts., 9 Reb., 5 Blocks; 23 Pts., 18 Reb., 2 Blocks), and the new guys Harris and Favors were great after going through such a huge change.

While I hate to see Deron go (and it's a bit heartbreaking to see him no longer in a Jazz uniform), I've got to take my hat off to Jazz management for having the guts to make this trade, and planning to build for the future in Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and the draft picks while getting bigger overall.

Yes, it's only 1 game, but with time, I have no doubt that this team has great potential. While I don't expect Utah to do much for the remainder if this year (an 8th or 7th seed in the playoffs is an upper-end estimate), with this roster and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (when ironed out) being planned to help out smaller-market teams (one way or another) the future looks bright for the Utah Jazz.

Or what? :P

Or I'll mock your team for not winning anything of value since 1964!

Like I'm not used to that already. :D

The same can be said for all of the 18-1 jokes I hear all the time. I feel your pain.

You can't seriously believe that's the same thing.

BB52Big.jpg

The same can be said for all of the 18-1 jokes I hear all the time. I feel your pain.

Um, no that's not the same thing, The same can be said if your team went winless the whole season!

I do believe that, because being a Patriots fan, that would be the single most painful memory I can recall while rooting for the team. Even more so than the 1990 NFL Season, when they finished 1-15 and there where rumors of the team moving to St. Louis. It's all relative though, as one painful memory for a fan of one team will obviously differ from one of another team.

Come on, Gary... that's no fair to pick on the Lions. Despite their slight improvement last year, they're still the NFL's short-bus team.

I do believe that, because being a Patriots fan, that would be the single most painful memory I can recall while rooting for the team. Even more so than the 1990 NFL Season, when they finished 1-15 and there where rumors of the team moving to St. Louis. It's all relative though, as one painful memory for a fan of one team will obviously differ from one of another team.

Come on, Gary... that's no fair to pick on the Lions. Despite their slight improvement last year, they're still the NFL's short-bus team.

I'm not picking on the Lions, I am a lifelong Lions fan that went through the winless season

I'm not picking on the Lions, I am a lifelong Lions fan that went through the winless season

God, I didn't know they still existed... Lions fans, I mean. Congratulations, as you've won my life-long sympathy for being a fan of them.

Anywho, back on topic. Buyout season is upon us, any predictions?

Awesome news though as I just got invited to the Hawks and Nuggets game on Monday. Courtside seats.

Your most "painful" memory is your team coming up short in their attempt to win their fourth Super Bowl of the decade? And that relates to being a Browns or Lions fan how exactly? Oh well, I'm sure seeing your "other favorite team" win the Super Bowl this year eased the "pain" of the Patriots losing to the Jets in the playoffs right?

And people wonder why Boston fans catch so much flack around here.

Anyway, back on topic...

I got to see Brandon Roy play for the first time last night. (I just recently started following the NBA again) Looks like the kid can play.

BB52Big.jpg

Your most "painful" memory is your team coming up short in their attempt to win their fourth Super Bowl of the decade? And that relates to being a Browns or Lions fan how exactly? Oh well, I'm sure seeing your "other favorite team" win the Super Bowl this year eased the "pain" of the Patriots losing to the Jets in the playoffs right?

And people wonder why Boston fans catch so much flack around here.

Anyway, back on topic...

I got to see Brandon Roy play for the first time last night. (I just recently started following the NBA again) Looks like the kid can play.

As I stated before it's all relative depending on the fan and the team that he/she roots for. Why would I care about The Drive, The Fumble, and therefore why would you care about 18-1. Completely different fanbases, with justifiable reasons to be upset.

No, the Packers winning erased the pain of Super Bowl XXXII, and having the media declare his Favreness as the greatest quarterback ever, and someone who Rodgers would never match up to. Their victory does nothing to improve my feelings of the Patriots last three failures. Nor should it.

Plus, you're one to talk about having other favorite teams, he who admitted to jumping onto the Packers' bandwagon after the end of this past Super Bowl.

Anyway, yes, Brandon Roy looked good. After his injuries I was starting to feel bad for him and the Trailblazers with most of their core falling apart around them. Despite LaMarcus tearing it up most of this season, I can't imagine how disappointing it's been to be a Blazers fan, compared to just about 2 years ago, when most of the so-called experts were predicting that this team would challenge the Lakers in the west for the next 5 or so years. So it was refreshing to see Brandon Roy come off the bench and have a good game. It's just a shame he'll probably never return to his old form, and that sucks.

Archived