San Francisco Giants

Lights Out

giants1.png

giants2.png

giants3.png

The Giants actually have a classic look that I like. Maybe it's the unique color scheme or the excellent number font or their awesome hats. Regardless, instead of going the experimental route like I usually did, I just decided to tweak their current look a little bit. I got rid of the Red Sox-esque Tuscan script and replaced it with the classic Giants cursive script, and made a road script to match. I made the roads a pastel orange color, and added an orange vest alternate. I also got rid of the shadows on the numbers and went with a distinctive straight NOB on all three. The hats would stay the exact same as they are now. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Thirded. Alt looks too much like a fashion jersey for me. Otherwise, I can dig it.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The Giants don't use Tuscan font. There's is more similar to the Pirates. And it's one they used starting back in New York. I think it's much better than the script wordmark, too. While yours isn't really a bad design at all, it's just not something any better than what they have now, which is damn near perfect. And this is coming from someone who absolutely hates the Giants.

no baseball team is gonna wear orange creamsicle jerseys

'Tis a concept, LetsGoOakland. Concepts usually won't be used professionally, so people create them for fun and/or to improve their design skills. Lights Out is a great designer, though many of his concepts are over-the-top and unlikely to be used professionally (I mean that in the most respectful way :D).

In my opinion, the home uniform is a keeper. As others have said, you should make an orange version of it to use as an alternate. I really don't know about the away, though. The wordmark is great; however, the creamsicle shade shouldn't be used as a road color, in my opinion. A lot of your concepts include a non-gray road uniform, which is okay in some cases. Eventually, however, it becomes unnecessary and just plain looks ugly.

I know it's just a concept in all (and the O's are in the AL), but what if it was Sunday and the Giants were on the road against an orange team such as the O's (even though they don't have an orange alt, but are likely to adopt one), or if an NL team adopted orange? Maybe their should be a black road alt or something. Yeah, I know it's way to nitpicky and far to unlikely, but, hey, it could happen...maybe. ^_^

giants2.png

vs.

nbnhi1fvdtsh6jqgiwwj67h4p.gif

25yzwqg.png

Archived