Finally...my Concepts

AAO

aaaand...you are??? j/k :P

okay debut, but i won't lie to you: i think your template sucks. i figure like me, you can't afford Illustrator or the like, so i sympathize. they're all good ideas, just you're defeated by Paint. i'm guessing you also lack a program that's sort of between Paint and Illustrator, though.

Keep pluggin away, you'll make it work one of these days. B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Some tips to help smooth your transition to the CCSL forum world...

Self-praise, even subtle stuff like "it's done well" needs to be masked with "I think I've done well", or "I'm proud of what I've done so far" to avoid looking conceited. I'm pretty sure you're not conceited, so don't worry about that, but repeat offenses might raise an eyebrow.

Also, get somebody here to explain how to convert to gif or jpg... 1.7 MB per image takes a long time to load. I think you just renamed the bmp's with a gif or jpg/jpeg handle right? I don't think that's the way it works. Unfortunately I'm ignorant in these matters, I can't personally help you here.

Get a good template. Right now STL Fanatic's jersey template database is down, but the SSUR's jersey template page, while not completely exhaustive, is a good option.

Keep working at it, and look to upgrade to Illustrator ASAP. Educational discounts are available that make it far more affordable (ie. under $400) to those who qualify, and it is the best investment you can make if you're serious about this. You have some outstanding ideas that I'd love to see cleaned up.

Good luck... some cool concepts are a great way to introduce yourself to the board, so let me say 'welcome here, keep up the great work'.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

thanks guys, i didnt mean to come across as conceited or anything, just saying... but yea i dont even have a template i just make the uniform with the line tool in paint haha....but im about to put up some more on the site..thanks for the feedback

thats what I used to do before I discovered the magic of templates, i would draw everything even football helmets, i still use paint though. Everyone goes through stages in the designing process. First you draw uniforms on paper when your a little kid, then you figure out that you can use the computer, then you find this site and realize how much farther you can go, then you find the templates, then you get a fancy designing program, then you turn out awesome work like the people here.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Dude, you've got some serious potential, you just need to use a better program. Somebody please donate a free Illustrator for this guy!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I agree with everyone, you're really held back by Paint, but you've got serious potential.

I love your Kings logo concept (I can look beyond the crappy Paint exterior and I can picture it as a smooth vector logo)... transfer that bad boy to illustrator and you'll have a sure fire winner on that. I've actually been working on my next NBA Redesign Project concept for the Sacramento Kings, and have been toying with logos, so yours definitely helped me get the wheels turning.

But anyway, good debut, just get a solid template, and if possible get illustrator or even photoshop/paint shop pro or something and make it happen. Good stuff.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

A bit grainy, but some very nice concepts. I really like the Kings concept the best. Welcome and good job!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well, I must say, these are quite nice. And I concur with the previous statements about Paint. I strongly urge you to get Illustrator if at all possible. You will love it. :)

The Bulls is, by far, my favorite. It has a very edgy, futuristic feel to it, and the uniforms look fantastic. I almost want to ask if I could play with them in Illustrator and clean them up a bit to see how they would look beyond the limits of Paint. Would you mind? I know some people are particular about things like that, so I don't want to overstep my boundaries.

yeah i sent him a pm asking if he would mind if i did them in illustrator too just to see them cleaned up... in fact i kinda got a head start on the spurs... but if he says no i wont post it and just delete it... though i am curious what fonts he used in that logo

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

yea...you guys can do what you want with the logos its not a big deal to me, i wanna see them in illustrator myself...i dont mind at all. i have played around on illustrator before, its just a lot more complicated than paint and i need more time to work with it cause i only have it at school . but im about to put up the rest of the concepts i have done on my website...

what these concepts lack in pollish, they make up for in quality, imo.

i really like the designs of these, and i love the bulls logo.

btw, if anyone's going to be giving out charity copies of illustrator, don't forget coley-cole :cursing:

:)

btw, i really enjoy this kings look.

I get a kick out of you guys, asking for a free copy of illustrator. Thousands of people offer it up for free everyday on P2P networks. :P

It's refreshing, isn't it? I get a kick out of being reminded that honest-to-goodness law-abiding people still exist too!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

hell, i actually have a legal copy of it... well.. somewhat legal, i got it from a friend... but it's a LEGIT copy, i should say :) not downloaded.

and it doesn't seem to like my computer. it crashes before it ever finishes loading.

oh yea the font on the spurs logo is anklepants, but i dont have it here on the computer at my house, i did the spurs at my uncles whos computer is wayyy better and newer then mine. also, i ran out of space on my site at angelfire, so in order to post another concept, i have to delete one off my page, what logo do you guys think i should remove for the time being?

heres the spurs done quickly... i just did a straight trace... i didnt want to mess with it at all... i may touch up that spur if you dont mind... but heres the spurs clear

spurs.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived