2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Gary Williams has confirmed to to ESPN that he is retiring as Maryland's basketball coach.

And no, people. Not THAT Gary Williams. I don't think he will ever go away.

Really Curt, had to post my facebook account?

Would you rather me have posted your e-harmony page?

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Williams has confirmed to to ESPN that he is retiring as Maryland's basketball coach.

And no, people. Not THAT Gary Williams. I don't think he will ever go away.

Really Curt, had to post my facebook account?

Would you rather me have posted your e-harmony page?

smartass :P

More breaking college hoops news: Gus Johnson OUT at CBS. March Madness will now forever suck.

Story

Booooo and this is bad for that meaningless Sunday AFC football game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Didn't see this coming at all: Sean Miller leaving Zona for Maryland?

I don't know much about Sean Miller, but assuming salary is about the same, it seems like a lateral move. I don't know what coaching at a mid-level ACC school gets you that coaching at a high-level PAC-12 school doesn't.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Didn't see this coming at all: Sean Miller leaving Zona for Maryland?

I don't know much about Sean Miller, but assuming salary is about the same, it seems like a lateral move. I don't know what coaching at a mid-level ACC school gets you that coaching at a high-level PAC-12 school doesn't.

The 3rd best job in the ACC (to UNC and Duke) is still better than the 2nd best job in the Pac-12 (to UCLA). Even is the money is the same, Maryland is a 'basketball school' with a recruiting base which is better than Arizona.

Before Kevin W goes "sports crazy" again, Maryland and Arizona are not Tier 1 jobs, but they are very good Tier 2 jobs. Some of the Tier 2 schools are based on the coaches currently there, as opposed to legacy but there are 15-18 jobs at Tier 2 in terms of being coveted.

I think the Tier 1 jobs are:

Duke

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

North Carolina

UCLA

Tier 2 includes:

Arizona

Maryland

Michigan State

Florida

Texas

Syracuse

Georgetown

Villanova

Pittsburgh

Illinois

Ohio State

Louisville

Memphis

As AD, this hire equals the legacy of Kevin Anderson.

Since when is Arizona not a basketball school? We seem to have a pretty good recruiting base since, you know, we've signed a top ten recruiting class for next year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Since when is Arizona not a basketball school? We seem to have a pretty good recruiting base since, you know, we've signed a top ten recruiting class for next year.

Never said that, Big Boy, but it is great to draw you "offside". Maryland is the 3rd school in the ACC, which is a more known basketball conference and Maryland has a better recruiting base since it is basically within DC/Baltimore. Where is Tucson or PHX in terms of HS or AAU basketball? Be happy that you are Tier 2.

EDIT: I did not even place UConn as a Tier 2, so try to be objective.

Miller is staying. Thank you God!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It has nothing to do with God.

I can still thank Him.

It has nothing to do with God.

I can still thank Him.

So what will you say when his brother leaves?

Archie's already gone.

Archived