LSU Tigers Concept

buckeye

Hey guys, I've just started to post here on the boards and I've been really wanting to do my first concept. I was a lurker for quite a long time and loved coming here to see what you guys had to say and what really got my attention was the concept board. It was awesome to come in and see the work of so many talented computer artist's put their minds to the test and put out some excellent work. So I've wanted to give it my shot. Thanks to HarperK putting the PSD football template up and also to AndrewHarrington for making the template, I'm able to post my first. I just thought I would try the LSU Tigers and it may not be the "most" creative concept ever done but it's a shot I wanted to take. So again thanks to HarperK and A.H. and here's my first:

(The collar says "Protect the Bayou")

LSUconcept-2.png

I was thinking about doing an Alternate set but I really like how this came out. C&C is much appreciated!

the template is not by me...i just redrew it so it was avail to those like you and me who use photoshop. so 99% of the credit goes to andrewharrington.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

The Tiger on the helmet seems too big. Try to work on the size a big so it looks a bit more like a real helmet... unless of course that's what you were going for... then don't change it.

My personal taste is anti-gradient. It just seems too distracting. Again, that's up to your personal taste.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It's a solid design and I really like the font you used for the numbers, but... I'm not a big fan of the gradient here either. I think the pants actually match the jersey very nicely without it.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I don't usually like gradient type things on a football uniform, but I really dig it on the pants there. Maybe have the helmet stripe fade off toward the back in the same way. I'm really struggling with the jersey striping, partly because I don't like it and partly because it won't work on the template like that. That cat logo is also very bad. Maybe try an interlocking LSU.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=gf3hiydqieuxxh2fgf6nyfyeq

that tiger logo with that font above it. basically an update of their current helmet. i liked the yellow gold pro combat helmet they used last year but white works as well.

the way the shoulder strips come around the back will be a problem for players with long names.

the gradient works for lsu because their midfield logo has that effect.

don't like number font. keep it traditional.

Archived