Montreal Maroons

Discrim

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm.... minature bacon cheeseburgers.

Seriously though, those are hot.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The colors remind me of an Ironton Tanks concept I saw on this board or Fanhome a while back. The cream and maroon colors work well together. I really like the entire look especially the road uniform. What font are you using?

and i think this is what you speak of...if ya can't tell, it was some of my early work, hehe. btw the font for the Maroons set is Thunderbird, aka the font for the Lions' wordmark.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hey--can someone make this for EA's NHL game on PC--I know I've seen the template before

if my comp was able to run NHL, i'd take a shot (this thing is old-can't run NHL 2001 old)...we have a few addon makers floating around though, maybe they could take your flyer :hockeysmiley:

edit: before i forget i'll throw ya the road crest cus as you see the home crest is just the M.

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...maroonslogo.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

I figured i'd actually do more than three teams this time around, so here is my second Revival, the New York Americans

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...er/nyamerks.gif

the reasoning behind these having Bossy and Yashin's names is if the Amerks were still around, there likely would be no Isles (as there likely wouldn't have been any Nordiques and consequently no Avs if the Maroons still skated the Forum). the stars and stripes uniform, IMO, was a great idea so I decided to keep at least a few aspects of it. Couldn't think up a decent logo, and it shows :hockeysmiley: hey, at least I didn't give you a sleeveless jersey like i did last time. and as you might figure, red numbers on the blue jersey and blue #s on the whites would scream out Ranger Reject...

somewhere out there, Fanatic is screaming out to me..."Where's the consistency???" ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I really liked the Maroons (and we don't have White Castle around here so unless you make the M in Montreal or Maroons in Golden Arches, it wouldn't trigger any Hamburger flashbacks)

The Americans isn't quite as pleasing to my pallet as the Maroons, but the name Americans doesn't lend itself to too much other than the Stars and Stripes.

I really liked the Maroons (and we don't have White Castle around here so unless you make the M in Montreal or Maroons in Golden Arches, it wouldn't trigger any Hamburger flashbacks)

The Americans isn't quite as pleasing to my pallet as the Maroons, but the name Americans doesn't lend itself to too much other than the Stars and Stripes.

thanks on both counts, and IMO the Americans one isn't as good only cus I couldn't think up a decent logo that hasn't already been done. Tomorrow I will release the Quebec Bulldogs and later on, the Montreal Wanderers-the Quebec one is already done, and thanks to the Sportscyclopedia there will be no canine imagery...I'll keep ya hangin til tomorrow, though. Let the Amerks sink in first :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

The logo is a Nitroseed production, I believe, but the jerseys are RC's doing. I don't remember having seen the jerseys, actually, they're not too bad. Personally, I'd put just the torch on the front, instead of the entire wordmark.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I do like RC/Nitro's concepts.....

I think the Stars on the shoulders is a little too obvious, I think as long as a solid White, Blue or even Red jersey is used instead of a "stars and stripes" type jersey you could go with a slightly waving American Flag on the shoulders or even a bald eagles head.

Does it bother anyone else that a Men's hockey team would have the symbol of "Lady Liberty" on their jerseys, like the Rangers alts and these concepts? I know we are supposed to be living in a politically correct world where such gender differences aren't supposed to matter, but I don't think you will find many Womens teams named the "Bulls". Which could leave me on another tangent about women's teams going with "Lady" behind whatever the college mascot is. If the traditional college nickname is too masculine go with a completely different one. Locally we have the Unversity of Buffalo Bulls, obviously the Womens teams do not want to call themselves this, and definately not the UB Cows, so they are the UB Royals.

i'll be frank, the Maroons set was a tough act to follow up. This should be an easier followup :P earlier than i was going to, I give you the Quebec Bulldogs

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...quebulldogs.gif

and for kicks, the shoulder logo, which roughly translates to "Club Athetique de Quebec"

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Di...ter/quelogo.gif

again, playing the "no Nords" scenario, hence Foppa and Fiset's presence :D...the collegiate blue is roughly what they had, and the light blue i felt this needed for some reason. this could probably do without the mesh but i like how it is anyway.

next up, the original Sens and the Wanderers (logo in the works)

2016cubscreamsig.png

The Original Ottawa Senators uniforms were already wild, I can't wait to see what Discrim has up his sleeve for that one

btw The Quebec Bulldogs jerseys are lovely, once again great job

didn't do much to the old barber pole aside from a little gold piping. the only thing i'm sure on is that i'll use the modern Sens' logos and font. and imo, you are gonna love the Wanderer logo when i'm done with it. all i'll say for now is that will be inspired by the Mariners.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Keep 'em churning, Discrim! I love what I'm seeing, which is funny, cause I LOve em. Love em. Absolutely love em. Enough loving em, I think.

I love em.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Doesn't bother me at all. It's a statue, and a very noticable landmark.

The Rangers' alternate logo is one of the best in the league.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived