Nashville Predators Logo Concept

Phitin

predatorso.png

I wanted to do some NHL logos because, quite frankly, a lot of them are either outdated or just suck. This logo here is pretty straightforward; I just rendered a sabretooth tiger, but haven't done a wordmark or anything. I don't know a thing about hockey jerseys, so I haven't done them as of now. Let me know what you guys think of the logo, especially the colors. I deviated a lot from Nashville's current colors, and went with a scheme that fits the animal better.

phitinsig.png

the detail isnt clearly defined enough. alot of that just gets jumbled together and its really hard to read the ear. the fur on the back of the head seems sloppy too. theres no clear direction or form to what that should be doing. study the Bengals tiger head logo to see how they incorporated a lot of detail in a fairly simple way and made every detail clearly defined. everything flows the same direction. also try working with that 3/4s head turn

bengals_logo.jpg

the colors are okay. though they sem very tame. maybe replace the tan with athletic gold or replace the brown with a copper kind of color. it might not be a bad idea to add a 3rd color. light blue?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Overall downgrade to me, but I like the current Preds look (including colors).

Is that supposed to be his neck on the left? It looks odd to me. Why is it splayed into three sections like that?

The color of a teams logo doesn't have to be realistic in order to look good. Bulls aren't red, Hornets aren't teal, and Raptors aren't (weren't?) red, but those colors work for those teams.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Ok, here's an update:

predators2.png

I basically scrapped the whole back of the head and started over, trying to make things flow a lot better. Let me know how I've done and what I can still improve on. I tried out a few different color combinations, so let me know if any of them look better than the previous one. The top left one definitely reminds me a little too much of the Panthers color scheme, although I think it works well anyway. Hopefully what I've done here is an improvement, and I'd really appreciate some more C&C.

phitinsig.png

I think this is a really great start. You're almost there. The ear is the problem like everyone else is saying. I see too many little shapes in there. Use 1 big interesting shape to give an indication of an ear and you have it. For colors, I prefer the top left. Great job. Can't wait for an update.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

It is getting close, but it still needs some changes I think to truly be as good as it can be.

First thing I notice is the top fangs. They need more space between them. Right now they look as if they are side by side in the center front of the mouth (like oversized rodent teeth) rather than two fangs on the sides of the mouth. if you add a gap (kind of how you did on the bottom teeth which look very nice) it will create separation.

Second thing, on your latest update, there is too much neck showing. i know you were changing it based on feedback, but i think you went overboad on retting rid of the jagged sections. right now it looks like a squarish block of a neck when it could be more fur like and smaller.

I actually like the idea of using brown in your color scheme. Although it doesnt have to be realistic colors, very few teams use brown and it looks unique. maybe you could change the black to navy blue and you would have a navy brown color scheme which could look very nice.

This is very close to being a nice logo.

I actually like the idea of using brown in your color scheme. Although it doesnt have to be realistic colors, very few teams use brown and it looks unique. maybe you could change the black to navy blue and you would have a navy brown color scheme which could look very nice.

This is very close to being a nice logo.

Actually it is navy blue, but maybe I can lighten it up a bit.

phitinsig.png

predators4.png

Ok so I fixed a few things here and I'm really happy with the results. Here's what I did:

-Reworked the back of the head so that it would flow a little better and look less blocky.

-Made the top teeth look a little more realistic

-Lightened the dark blue outline a little

-Made the eye look a little more fierce.

-Removed a bit of detail around the ear area to get rid of the clutter.

-Decided to use the top left color scheme from my last update.

phitinsig.png

That looks really nice. The only thing I'd worry about is that the whole thing is pretty horizontal, and it might look king of odd on a jersey. I'd have to see it first on a jersey to decide though. But the design is great, much better than your first one.

I see what you mean considering most NHL logos aren't horizontal. But then again, the Predators current logo is horizontal, and I don't think it looks too out of place (although I hate the logo itself)

phitinsig.png

Archived