Vikings logo concept

BrandMooreArt

10rmpgo.jpg

this is an attempt to modernise the out of date illustration style of the Vik's logo and to fix a few flaws. the first thing i wanted to do is establish a cleaner, more aggressive silhouette.

23jocus.jpg

ive never liked how "smushed" the guys face looked, also causing him to look like an 80 year old Hulk Hogan. so wanted to change some of those details to make him look younger. i felt it also needed some strokes that varied in weight making the logo bolder and giving it a feel of motion.

se87sh.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Hmm, here's my opinion.

It's definitely an old logo, but I think it's one of those logos that looks good even though it's old.

If the Vikings unveiled their current logo today, it probably wouldn't get such a great reception. But because of it's "classicness," its hard for me not to like. I have the same attitude towards the LA Lakers and Dodgers logos, for instance.

So I don't think this is an upgrade.

In your logo, something about his eyes and nose looks off. His eyes look closed tight, as if he is about to sneeze. The nose looks kind of fat, which doesn't seem Viking-y to me.

You've reduced the jutting out of the chin, which is a downgrade to me. His exagerrated chin in the existing logo to me has always been sort of a trademark.

Maybe it's my old-school mentality when it comes to classic logos, but I think its sort of a downgrade. Just my two cents.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It doesn't really feel significantly different enough for me to feel like a modernisation of an old logo. It still retains the old design but with slightly thicker lines. The new face doesn't feel like an improvement in the way you say you intended and he's lost the strong jawlinw and cheekbone. He also has lost his eyebrows which looks strange. The helmet detailing almost makes it feel more old fashioned. The whole thing sort of feels like a hooky version of the logo you'd find on a knockoff piece of merch. Sorry, I'm not really diggin it at the moment.

Yes, the lack of strong lines on the face and jaw, just make him look like a chubby faced Viking wannabe. That eye kinda creeps me out too lol. I guess after seeing andrewharrington's modernization which was pretty spot on, its hard to see someone else's without pointing out things about it.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It looks pretty good, I think you should try making the helmet a different color than the hair, that's always bugged me. I like how you only showed one horn and added that top spike tho, looks good.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

You could change the color of the helmet so that it doesn't have the same color as the hair, that always bugged me.

The lines and the top kaiser-like spike on the helmet make it look too cluttered, since there already are the bottom spikes and the horn.

The piece of hair jutting out near his eye looks way too feminine.

The eye without an eyebrow kinda spooks me.

The line between the neck and the face doesn't completely divide them, giving the impression that he has a double chin.

The nose and most o the face are definitely an improvement, nice work there.

overall, I'd call this a downgrade.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

this coming from a vikings fan is... i really like their logo they have know, but i would consider this an upgrade... with some minor changes. First off the eye just looks kinda awkward how it is, im not sure whats making it look wierd, but i think it could look great some small changes

Second is the helmet, the spike on top and the lines, kind of distract from the horn and also made me think of this,

thflatblackspike.gif

i think the current helmet would look fine with what you have, but maybe with a highlight.

It is a great start, and seeing some of your past products, i bet the finished product will be great

161ixjk.png

small update. just focusing on helmet color right now. i tried the dome as purple because i thought it made more sense. the Vik's helmet being purple and it looks more like a separate element from the hair. the colors are not Vikings exact, but ill work on that at the very end.

the small piece of hair behind the eye i think im going to keep. it looks too solid when i take it out, almost like another piece of the helmet.

eyes are my weakness. im almost never happy with what i come up with. its something ill also focus on during the next step

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived