Tampa Bay Wearing Throwbacks

Luigi

This is what sort of bothers me here. It's one thing for "authenticity" but aren't all teams using the modern twill numbers on their throwbacks? The price really doesn't reflect it that much. I paid almost as much for my throwback as I did for my home/away and they are twill, three color numbers, have the sleeve logos sewn, and have a two color sewn wordmark on them.

I don't know how true this is, but from what I was told by a few people I know down in Tampa, the Buc team shop actually caught a lil' bit of flak for trying to sell a "too authentic" authentic last season when they revived these things. The crux of the ill will was the numbers--some folks couldn't justify paying two hundred-something dollars for "a replica". Gut guess is if this was the case, somebody got hip to that and afterward they started offering the throwbacks with actual twill numbers this go-round.

(Which, even though I already own plenty of creamsicle gear, I still dropped change on...couldn't help it. B) )

Just got my creamcicle in the mail today. It pains me to say this, but I'm a little disappointed. From my previous post, you can see price-wise why I'm disappointed. The jersey itself is completely mesh except for the side panels and Buc, they used twill numbers and letters on the name plate. It looks like a $40 jersey with $70 worth of twill on it...putting this Talib (hope he gets healthy and gets his behavior straight) by the home and away one sort of makes me wish I got the throwback first so I could be blown away by the other two.

Prices: Throwback $281, but used a coupon and got it for $253

Red: $284

White: $142 (using the buy one, get one half off coupon)

Can you post pics of the throwback?

When I get home from work tomorrow I will. I'm kind of, how do you say, picture-ly challenged. What's the best way to go about it? Unless you want me to email you some pics (pm me your email) cause I can send them from my droid.

KISSwall09.jpg

This is what sort of bothers me here. It's one thing for "authenticity" but aren't all teams using the modern twill numbers on their throwbacks? The price really doesn't reflect it that much. I paid almost as much for my throwback as I did for my home/away and they are twill, three color numbers, have the sleeve logos sewn, and have a two color sewn wordmark on them.

I don't know how true this is, but from what I was told by a few people I know down in Tampa, the Buc team shop actually caught a lil' bit of flak for trying to sell a "too authentic" authentic last season when they revived these things. The crux of the ill will was the numbers--some folks couldn't justify paying two hundred-something dollars for "a replica". Gut guess is if this was the case, somebody got hip to that and afterward they started offering the throwbacks with actual twill numbers this go-round.

(Which, even though I already own plenty of creamsicle gear, I still dropped change on...couldn't help it. B) )

Just got my creamcicle in the mail today. It pains me to say this, but I'm a little disappointed. From my previous post, you can see price-wise why I'm disappointed. The jersey itself is completely mesh except for the side panels and Buc, they used twill numbers and letters on the name plate. It looks like a $40 jersey with $70 worth of twill on it...putting this Talib (hope he gets healthy and gets his behavior straight) by the home and away one sort of makes me wish I got the throwback first so I could be blown away by the other two.

Prices: Throwback $281, but used a coupon and got it for $253

Red: $284

White: $142 (using the buy one, get one half off coupon)

Can you post pics of the throwback?

When I get home from work tomorrow I will. I'm kind of, how do you say, picture-ly challenged. What's the best way to go about it? Unless you want me to email you some pics (pm me your email) cause I can send them from my droid.

get flickr or photobucket. Upload the pictures. I'm not sure how to do this on photobucket but on flickr, once you've uploaded the photos, go to 'My Photostream' and select the picture(s) you want. Once you select the picture right-click and it should come up with a small menu with links such as 'medium 500' and 'large'. Press the one that corresponds with how big you want the picture to be. After this you will see the picture again, right click it and go to 'copy image location' and then insert it by pasting the image location in the 'add image' box. That help you?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

If you put image tags around them, we could see the pics on this page.

I think we're better off if he doesn't. With all those links, can you imagine how big that post would be?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

Your are correct that the 1976 jerseys, to be authentic, should have had heat pressed numbers. They did not use sewn on, tackle twill numbers that year. Although the sewn on numbers are nice, they are not authentic to the time. Also screen printed numbers are thinner and tend to rub off over time and wear. I have a replica Buccaneer throwback orange jersey from last year which have screened on numbers, they are starting to rub off. I also have a Sand Knit Bucs orange jersey from the 90s with heat pressed numbers which are thicker which have held up better with wear. Really didn't realize the difference in the shade of orange from 1976 vs the 1990s version till I put them side by side. 1976 version is more pale or lighter shade of orange which is correct.

Archived