RivSteel logo - Redesign

WLD

Hi Guys.. A mate has asked me to help him out with an update of his current logo for his one-man steel/trailer/sheds supply company. Personally I think his current logo has plenty to offer and don't think it needs changing, however he wants to place the logo on a large sign on the outside of his business and he thinks the current logo wouldn't stand out.

I have had a bit of a go at it but am not fussed at what I have come up with. I tried to keep in on par with what he had already.. Any C&C or ideas/help on this would be appreciated..

Current logo -

RivSteel_Shed_Logo_Final.jpg

My shot at the logo -

RivSteellogopb.jpg

Your update has a much more industrialized and sturdy feel to it.

I'm not a fan of Serpentine for the "Sheds Garages Trailers" text...actually I'm not a big fan of Serpentine in general, so that may be a personal bias.

If possible, I think it would be neat to make the blue parallelogram be the dot on the I. Eliminate the top bar on the I, if you know what I'm saying.

As someone who has worked in the Signage industry, the current logo has enormous potential at being a recognizable and actually pretty fantastic Marquee Sign. The Logo is strong in itself, but finding the right substrate and construction in the sign is what really will make it pop and be noticed...

DelayedPenalty - I was trying for the sturdier feel for the logo.. I'll change the "Sheds Garages Trailers" text to something like a swiss. I did try a couple of options using the blue parallelogram as the dot but it didn't come up like I'd hoped. I'll give it another shot.

54 Chevy - Yeah your probably right. I am battling to find that modernised feel for it. I think I'll try and work the letters 'RS' into it.

CDixonDesigns - Maybe they need to reverse the colours on their current logo? So that the word 'Steel' stands out more by using the grey?

My other concern is the space between pitched roof and 'rivsteel' maybe I need to drop that down... or maybe just start again!!

I prefer the original logo, honestly. I just think it could be improved by losing the roof and losing the gradient on the circle logo...use the blue from Riv on left and right, then the aqua color for top portion.

"Riv" makes me think "rivets" -maybe put some in the "Steel"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I don't mind your design but it looks like any other logo used for that purpose (especially with the black/blue/grey scheme), they all have the wordmark under a roof. The current logo has much more potential, although just having "Riv" is vague. Adapting the original to RivSteel would go a long way in clearing up the ambiguity of the logo.

sig.png

Really like the black background here.

VERY easy to convert to signage that will stand out and will look current for many years. I like that the roof covers the whole name... enforces the concept of providing and building a solid building with steel.

some of the elements feel a bit disparate mate.

perhaps you could try and simplify it all a bit. here is an idea which could work with a couple of colour ways.

riv2.pngriv1.png

I don't mind your design but it looks like any other logo used for that purpose (especially with the black/blue/grey scheme), they all have the wordmark under a roof. The current logo has much more potential, although just having "Riv" is vague. Adapting the original to RivSteel would go a long way in clearing up the ambiguity of the logo.

Gaz, Thanks for the feedback. As I said in my first post, I'm not sure why they want to change as I think the current logo looks great. I kept with the colours they are using now. That maybe true about the workmark under a roof but the purpose of a logo is to identify the brand and product it's representing within seconds.. I feel to best identify a shed/garage business is to use a roof. so if you were designing a new logo for RivSteel you would you just go with the original wordmark and no roof? Or am I mis- understanding you?

The 'Riv' stands for Riverina which is the area the business is based in. I do understand that if people were not from around that region they may get confused but they have used this name for a number of years now.

some of the elements feel a bit disparate mate.

perhaps you could try and simplify it all a bit. here is an idea which could work with a couple of colour ways.

riv2.pngriv1.png

Looks great mate.. I like that font!

What did you mean by 'some of the elements feel a bit disparate' ?

Gaz, Thanks for the feedback. As I said in my first post, I'm not sure why they want to change as I think the current logo looks great. I kept with the colours they are using now. That maybe true about the workmark under a roof but the purpose of a logo is to identify the brand and product it's representing within seconds.. I feel to best identify a shed/garage business is to use a roof. so if you were designing a new logo for RivSteel you would you just go with the original wordmark and no roof? Or am I mis- understanding you?

The 'Riv' stands for Riverina which is the area the business is based in. I do understand that if people were not from around that region they may get confused but they have used this name for a number of years now.

I meant more along the lines of distinguishing the use of a roof to other companies, as well as the use of blue/black/grey, theres several companies that look like this where I'm from and I'd imagine its the same in the Riverina. Black, gold and red is pretty unique to this application and it would be a shame to see it replaced.

Something like this could work without the roof taking over the design:

Rivsteel.gif

sig.png

Archived