Christmas Cheer in Sports

wyopokes2

The Blackhawks and Cubs both had santa hats on their logo's a few years back. Clearly the Cubs were out of season, but on their website, press releases, etc, they had a Santa hat awkwardly placed over the C with the bear in it. I know for sure as well that players wore hats with that on it to promotional events. With the Blackhawks, they had a hat on the indian head on promotional material's, and I am quite sure for player appearances.

I don't know how long the Knicks have been doing that, but on Christmas Day 2007, the Blazers and Sonics (their last year in Seattle, incidentally) wore their colored unis to intentionally result in a Christmas Day-themed uniform game.

Just since last year. I don't have any confirmation that it's going to continue, it may be coincidental that the NBA scheduled them on Christmas Day again this year. I hope it does.

Not a Christmas-themed uniform per se, but the Knicks started what I think is a new tradition last year. On Christmas Day, they wore their green jerseys, and Miami wore their red.

I would imagine it'll be the same deal this year, home to Chicago on Christmas Day. I think it's kinda cool.

Didn't the knicks wear these in St. Patricks day as well?

Yes, they wear them around (if not on) every St. Patrick's Day.

Yep, if I implied it was a Christmas uniform, I apologize. Just the Knicks using the St. Pat's uniform for Christmas.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I might be wrong but I think that the Blazers wore red against the Mavs in their green alternates a couple years ago on Christmas.

This year the Cardinals are home to the Cowboys on Christmas day. That sounds like a festive matchup to me, the Cards in their red jerseys and the Cowboys in their green pants ^_^

I might be wrong but I think that the Blazers wore red against the Mavs in their green alternates a couple years ago on Christmas.

You're right, I forgot all about that. Christmas 2008. And like the Sonics in '07, it is the last season the Mavs had a green jersey. Coincidence, I guess. Maybe green jerseys go to Portland on Christmas to die.

DSCN1556.JPG

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

You're right, I forgot all about that. Christmas 2008. And like the Sonics in '07, it is the last season the Mavs had a green jersey. Coincidence, I guess. Maybe green jerseys go to Portland on Christmas to die.

DSCN1556.JPG

Is that Greg Oden sighting?!?! He's harder to see in action that Ol' Saint Nick himself! That's Christmas cheer i can get behind!

SEAsig.png

DSCN1556.JPG

Is that Greg Oden sighting?!?! He's harder to see in action that Ol' Saint Nick himself! That's Christmas cheer i can get behind!

I swear... even in the pic, he looks like he's just had both legs fractured.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Oh and here is the reason the Jags got rid of the Santa hat (Third of the way down).

From that article:

"Any field markings not included in the NFL official playing rules must be approved by the league. The Jaguars were mildly reprimanded for the Santa hat because they had not sought the league?s approval. Frankly, I?m not a Santa hat kind of guy. I thought it looked ridiculous. If you?re going to run the ball and stop the run, you can?t have a Santa hat painted on your field."

Emphasis mine. Whatta moron.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Christmas-themed uniform per se, but the Knicks started what I think is a new tradition last year. On Christmas Day, they wore their green jerseys, and Miami wore their red.

%7Boption%7D

I would imagine it'll be the same deal this year, home to Chicago on Christmas Day. I think it's kinda cool.

I'm really liking Wade's old school Nikes. Original Jordans?

Actually they are the Alpha 1s. The original Jordans, re-made using today's technology. So they look similar but work much better.

Archived