Christmas Cheer in Sports

wyopokes2

Years and years ago the Jaguars used to paint a Santa hat on their midfield logo during the month of December. This is a great memory of mine and I wish they still did it. I can't seem to find any pictures or videos of this. (Does anyone happen to have any?) This got me wondering if other teams have celebrated Christmas in wacky ways such as logos, uniforms, fields, etc. Anybody?

Oh and here is the reason the Jags got rid of the Santa hat (Third of the way down).

the minnesota wild wear christmas-themed uniforms during all games in the month of december.

B)

LOL

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not a Christmas-themed uniform per se, but the Knicks started what I think is a new tradition last year. On Christmas Day, they wore their green jerseys, and Miami wore their red.

heat-knicks1.jpg

I would imagine it'll be the same deal this year, home to Chicago on Christmas Day. I think it's kinda cool.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?&id=87024

This is how it's done. (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not a Christmas-themed uniform per se, but the Knicks started what I think is a new tradition last year. On Christmas Day, they wore their green jerseys, and Miami wore their red.

heat-knicks1.jpg

I would imagine it'll be the same deal this year, home to Chicago on Christmas Day. I think it's kinda cool.

I don't know how long the Knicks have been doing that, but on Christmas Day 2007, the Blazers and Sonics (their last year in Seattle, incidentally) wore their colored unis to intentionally result in a Christmas Day-themed uniform game.

2004092181.jpg

That was the first time I saw something like that in the NBA, personally.

Also, in recent years at least, NBA teams that play on Christmas Day wear a snowflake patch with the NBA logo on it, I think. You can see it on one of the Heat players (Haslem? I'm not sure) in the post I just replied to.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

heat-knicks1.jpg

I'm really liking Wade's old school Nikes. Original Jordans?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

heat-knicks1.jpg

Didn't the knicks wear these in St. Patricks day as well?

heat-knicks1.jpg

Didn't the knicks wear these in St. Patricks day as well?

Yes, they wear them around (if not on) every St. Patrick's Day.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

DisplayImage.jpg

Jason has never looked so festive.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived