Post YOUR jerseys.

charger77

If you don't mind me asking Charger, when did you play for Romeo, and what schools did you play against? One of my younger brothers played for Center Line. He was varsity in 91 and 92.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I earned both my football and lacrosse jerseys by playing each sport all four years of high school

Football (This was our home jersey on varsity. The away my sophomore year was white with brown USC shoulder stripes, then my junior/senior years it was white with brown/gold shoulder cuffs/collar with a brown/gold version of the Southern Mississippi logo on the arm. They got matching homes the year after I left. Our JV uniforms were the old varsity alternates - All gold monochrome. Gold pants, gold jerseys with just brown numbers with the same double outline, gold helmet. The kids that were on varsity also got the decals on the helmets):

IMG00037-20101220-1815.jpg

Lacrosse (This was our second home jersey. First we did a brown version of this for home and road with white shorts. Then the white became our home jersey. Then my senior year we got a brand new template and material for a gold jersey/shorts combo. We'd use that home and road, and the white essentially became our clash jersey. The brown jerseys became the JV jerseys):

IMG00039-20101220-1816.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Here are mine. We also had a yellow/gold jersey for homecoming junior year in the last Miami template, but that's still with the girl that wore it during school. I should probably get that back soon.

Home

HomeFootball.png

Away

AwayFootball.png

5th-8th Grade Jersey

OLPFootball.png

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's mine, from my brief stint with my university's Anglia Ruskin Phantoms in 2007.

For the record, while this team did compete in a big organised league (the British Universitys American Football League), the team isn't/wasn't run like a varsity or NCAA style program, but is/was more of a society. Thus, only the American Football team are named the Phantoms, while any other sports teams have their own nicknames, if any at all. The Phantoms name came from both the fact that the jerseys are white (because this team only ever had a white jersey, without a dark uniform to go with it) and because it "sounded cool." That's what I heard, anyway. The rest of the team's uniform consisted of a white helmet with the team's logo decaled on (or whatever other random helmets they had lying around), plain white pants and plain white socks. They used to have a vegas gold and navy blue stripe going down the pants, but the team later cheaped out and got plain white ones instead.

Here's the front of this horrible and cheaply made thing.

phantomsfront.jpg

And before anyone asks, yes, that is a hemstripe you see there. And yes, that is a tacky flame design they went with on the sleeves. If you're wondering why the sleeves look really tight at the ends, it's because the manufacturer had the clever idea of sticking an elastic band inside.

Here's the back. We were allowed to have nicknames on the back of our jerseys - it was either that or the same "Phantoms" wordmark that's on the front - so I went with Wildwing. And yes, that is a needlessly large gap between the name and number.

Here's the right sleeve, with the university's logo printed on, and finally, here's the left sleeve, with the team's logo, an upside-down Photoshop flame shape.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Here's mine, from my brief stint with my university's Anglia Ruskin Phantoms in 2007.

For the record, while this team did compete in a big organised league (the British Universitys American Football League), the team isn't/wasn't run like a varsity or NCAA style program, but is/was more of a society. Thus, only the American Football team are named the Phantoms, while any other sports teams have their own nicknames, if any at all. The Phantoms name came from both the fact that the jerseys are white (because this team only ever had a white jersey, without a dark uniform to go with it) and because it "sounded cool." That's what I heard, anyway.

Here's the front of this horrible and cheaply made thing.

phantomsfront.jpg

And before anyone asks, yes, that is a hemstripe you see there. And yes, that is a tacky flame design they went with on the sleeves. If you're wondering why the sleeves look really tight at the ends, it's because the manufacturer had the clever idea of sticking an elastic band inside.

Here's the back. We were allowed to have nicknames on the back of our jerseys - it was either that or the same "Phantoms" wordmark that's on the front - so I went with Wildwing. And yes, that is a needlessly large gap between the name and number.

Here's the right sleeve, with the university's logo printed on, and finally, here's the left sleeve, with the team's logo, an upside-down Photoshop flame shape.

That is awesome, in some cheap but adorable way. Its like they took an old hockey jersey and cropped the sleeves so you could pretend it was for football!

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

Roadie

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

Penguins template with matching socks and we wore forrest green helmets with black pants. I tried really hard to get the team to get dark green shells for our pants, but nobody would go in with me on that idea and we wore black pants instead. It used to bother me so much because there was no black in the rest of the uniform. It looked particularly bad with the white jerseys.

and my baseball hat. I opted to wear the same one two years in a row. They didn't give us the option of buying our jerseys. They did frame one of our under armour warmup shirts that had our name and number on the back, but that is still at my parents' house.

DSC_0374.jpg

I was never a fan of the hat they chose. I hate colored eyelets and the old english isn't really a Celtics thing, but more of a Dublin baseball tradition so they went with that. This thing has probably shrunk a size since I last wore it competitively, but it's nice to keep on a shelf.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That is awesome, in some cheap but adorable way. Its like they took an old hockey jersey and cropped the sleeves so you could pretend it was for football!

That's exactly what the manufacturer did! Only reason I know this is because a friend of mine used to own a local team's jersey, made by the exact same company. Same crappy material and everything. Only difference between this and that were the hockey jerseys had longer sleeves.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived