2011 World U20 Junior Hockey Championships

Don

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word just came down Kassian is out for the Norway AND Sweden game... what a joke... the thing that pisses me off the most about the hit watch a replay of the game, if the player was that hurt why were his trainers trying to roll him with out securing his neck first...

Yep, he was obviously faking...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=347123

was likely to be taken to a hospital for further tests... Senkerik showed little movement for several minutes as he lay flat on his back at centre ice

Oh wait, you thought he was back on the ice for the 5 min PP didn't you? Dope.

Where the :censored: did I say he was faking I was commenting how :censored:ing stupid the czech trainers were... if it was more serious that could have ended his hockey career if not worse... learn to read and comprehend before calling someone names, dope

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Word just came down Kassian is out for the Norway AND Sweden game... what a joke... the thing that pisses me off the most about the hit watch a replay of the game, if the player was that hurt why were his trainers trying to roll him with out securing his neck first...

Yep, he was obviously faking...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=347123

was likely to be taken to a hospital for further tests... Senkerik showed little movement for several minutes as he lay flat on his back at centre ice

Oh wait, you thought he was back on the ice for the 5 min PP didn't you? Dope.

Where the :censored: did I say he was faking I was commenting how :censored:ing stupid the czech trainers were... if it was more serious that could have ended his hockey career if not worse... learn to read and comprehend before calling someone names, dope

I did read. Read you say "if" he was that hurt. I can see what you meant with the explanation, but it would have been easier to understand your meaning this way: "'since' he was that hurt..."

I think it's a complete joke that Kassian is suspended. I think the head of the IIHF needs their heads examined. There is nothing more corrupt in this world than any sports organization that is organized in Europe, whether it be FIA, the Olympics, FIFA, or in this case the IIHF. This is what happens when people who have never seen hockey, make up rules for hockey.

I don't think it deserved a suspension but I can understand the IIHF's decision.

Also, did anybody else hear the booing (by USA fans) of USA forward Emerson Etem because of his tweet "much needed day off, buffalo is a ghost town!! the worst city ever, it makes medicine hat look like paradise, never thought ide say that". What are your reactions to that. I think the hardcore booing, even after he scored a goal for the US, is understandable but he is only 18. I don't think they should boo in any other games.

Etem, a Ducks prospect, was born in raised here in SoCal. He even skates funny because he primarily played roller hockey until he was 13 or 14. I think his views of Buffalo or even Medicine Hat would be similar to mine (same generation, same basic upbringing) and I have no real problem with his statement.

Obviously Buffalo residents dont like that being said, but who outside of Buffalo hasn't said that. And plenty of athletes have. I think the "hardcore booing" is definitely a little much. Be miffed at him or be creative with a sign or something, but yea he's only 18 and he's a SoCal kid in Buffalo in the dead of winter. Give him a break. He's wearing the red/white/blue and representing the USA, support him for what he's doing. Plus, its probably best that it's a "ghost town" to him so he's not out getting in trouble. I'd hope this wouldn't carry on in any more games.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Russia VS Norway is tied at 2 after 2 periods. Russian hockey is in shambles.

6-2 Russia in the 3rd now. Good to see Orlov with 3 assists and Kuznetsov with 2.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I don't think it deserved a suspension but I can understand the IIHF's decision.

Also, did anybody else hear the booing (by USA fans) of USA forward Emerson Etem because of his tweet "much needed day off, buffalo is a ghost town!! the worst city ever, it makes medicine hat look like paradise, never thought ide say that". What are your reactions to that. I think the hardcore booing, even after he scored a goal for the US, is understandable but he is only 18. I don't think they should boo in any other games.

Etem, a Ducks prospect, was born in raised here in SoCal. He even skates funny because he primarily played roller hockey until he was 13 or 14. I think his views of Buffalo or even Medicine Hat would be similar to mine (same generation, same basic upbringing) and I have no real problem with his statement.

Obviously Buffalo residents dont like that being said, but who outside of Buffalo hasn't said that. And plenty of athletes have. I think the "hardcore booing" is definitely a little much. Be miffed at him or be creative with a sign or something, but yea he's only 18 and he's a SoCal kid in Buffalo in the dead of winter. Give him a break. He's wearing the red/white/blue and representing the USA, support him for what he's doing. Plus, its probably best that it's a "ghost town" to him so he's not out getting in trouble. I'd hope this wouldn't carry on in any more games.

The booing died down a lot tonight. I only heard it during the starting roster introductions, and I was there.

Plenty of Non-Buffalonians have said that but a player on the "hometown team" has never said that to my knowledge outside of Willis McGahee and he was booed out of Buffalo as well. Most Sabres and Bills have positive views of the city and do decide to stay here after retiring (Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Scotty Bowman, etc). He can think whatever he wants but don't go out on Twitter and say that.

Also, what do you expect a 18 year old to do while in a foreign city? He can't go to bars unless he wants to go to a club, which Buffalo has plenty of. It obviously isn't as glamorous as Long Beach, but he is there to win a Gold for the United States of America, not to go out and party.

saBS.png

Russia VS Norway is tied at 2 after 2 periods. Russian hockey is in shambles.

6-2 Russia in the 3rd now. Good to see Orlov with 3 assists and Kuznetsov with 2.

My mistake. I didn't see that coming.

To be fair, the way Canada handled Norway, just being tied with Norway at the end of 2 being Russia should be considered a defeat.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Standings --------- W - OTW - OTL - L

Fake City Illusions 9 -- 7 --- 2 -- 14

I prefer W-L-T... Simple, and easy.

While I agree with JQK about hating the shootout (at least, I think that's what you're saying), if you're going to use the shootout, I much prefer the 3-0/2-1 system the IIHF is using rather than the 2-0/2-1 NHL system.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

End of regulation 5-5. Great game, refs are definitely letting the boys play.

Update: Sweden wins 6-5 in the shootout! Canada failed to score and Roy didnt live up to his name by snapping his stick over the crossbar after losing.

I think the World Juniors should cut the field in half. Let's be honest with ourselves that Sweden, Canada, United States, Finland, Russia and a wild card team should be the field. The wild card team would come from a pre tournament where the winner advance to the World Juniors. I'm not saying that Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Switzerland aren't good teams, but they aren't in the class of the big countries. Maybe drop it to four and two wild cards, but make the Juniors a better tournament by getting rid of the teams that don't belong. Make them earn their way into the final field and make the final field earn it's way to a gold by competing year and year out against each other. Then again, can we just stop calling this the World Juniors and call it what it really is, the Canada Cup? I would love to see it renamed the Canada Cup.

I think the World Juniors should cut the field in half. Let's be honest with ourselves that Sweden, Canada, United States, Finland, Russia and a wild card team should be the field. The wild card team would come from a pre tournament where the winner advance to the World Juniors. I'm not saying that Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Switzerland aren't good teams, but they aren't in the class of the big countries. Maybe drop it to four and two wild cards, but make the Juniors a better tournament by getting rid of the teams that don't belong. Make them earn their way into the final field and make the final field earn it's way to a gold by competing year and year out against each other. Then again, can we just stop calling this the World Juniors and call it what it really is, the Canada Cup? I would love to see it renamed the Canada Cup.

You've entered willmorris territory.

Archived