NHL Threads by CRK

crkraider22

Trying something a little different here, hopefully it works out for everyone. Here I have the Ottawa Senators, I brought back a pre-edge design with a few modifications for the primary jerseys. The alternate is similar to the Canadiens, which could be a problem, but at the same time a different take on a design that many have been hoping for. The logo is the modified S-wing logo with the updated S from the script and wings on both sides. Also used is the Peace Tower logo on the shoulders and the updated 2-d face logo.

OttawaSenatorsHomeDisplay-1.png OttawaSenatorsAwayDisplay-1.png OttawaSenatorsAlternateDisplay-2.png

Each image above will take you to that jersey. If all goes well, I hope to continue with a few more teams.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Many Sens fans have long been clamouring for a return to a black home jersey, but this take on the red you've made, would silence even the most ardent supporter of the black jerseys.

Well done.

Thanks, glad the red was well received. It was difficult to decide between the two as a primary jersey, but I thought a black alternate would be easier to create a faux-back with.

Philadelphia Flyers

The Flyers have had a very similar uniform set for much of their existence. These aren't much different, just a slightly modified from the 2000's. The logo features a slight bevel, much less noticeable than the one the team officially used. The biggest difference on the jersey is the cut off shoulder stripes that leads into horizontal cuff stripes that run to the elbow. All three jerseys feature the same cut, just like they have had. I debated pants, but thought better of it.

PhiladelphiaFlyersHomeDisplay-1.png PhiladelphiaFlyersAwayDisplay-1.png PhiladelphiaFlyersAlternateDisplay-1.png

click to view uniforms

Nice, simple, and clean. I like it. The Sens also, look beautiful, I'm loving that third. Nice job.

Thanks, I was unsure if I should have all three Sens jerseys look similar or to go the fauxback route. The tough one will be to make the 'Hawks third different than that.

I don`t like the flickr. Other than that they`re solid.

I figured I would try flickr, I really haven't had many problems with them and it seems that others outside of the boards are viewing the concepts as well.

Boston Bruins

I went back in time for the B's uniforms and colors. The brown replaces black, and the striping sets are similar to those of the 1950's. The alternate removes the spokes to leave just the B. The only difference between the primary set and the current jerseys are that there are 3 stripes instead of 5. The alternate is referenced from a similar jersey that had striping that started at the cuffs and continued to above the elbow.

BostonBruinsHomeDisplay-1.png BostonBruinsAwayDisplay-1.png BostonBruinsAlternateDisplay-1.png

click to view uniforms

Hopefully this will stir up the comments a little to maybe post some updates as well as a new team.

I don`t like the flickr. Other than that they`re solid.

I figured I would try flickr, I really haven't had many problems with them and it seems that others outside of the boards are viewing the concepts as well.

I think you may get more comments if we didn't have to open 3 new tabs to see your concepts.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

I think that the shade of brown is off but other then that it's a good concept

I did lighten the brown a little so that it wouldn't be viewed as black like it was with some of the Winter Classic jerseys.

I think you may get more comments if we didn't have to open 3 new tabs to see your concepts.

Honestly it takes what, maybe a few seconds to click a mouse three times. I'll update the presentation a little for your pleasure.

Columbus Blue Jackets

With such a short history, I drew my main inspiration from the first 3rd jersey the team had. Also, I brought back the original CBJ logo, but eliminated the neon green. The blue is changed to more of a slate blue as well. The alternate jersey is created from the Cleveland Barons uniforms, but I went with a grey third instead of red. Two reasons for that; One, with such a short history (10 years) a team like the Jackets could take a shot a something "out there" like a neutral colored third. The other reason for this was that a red jersey wouldn't make much sense for a team with using a color in its nickname. Also, there is a simple block font used instead of their current set used on the primary threads.

BJacketsHomeDisplay.png BJacketsAwayDisplay.png BJacketsAlternateDisplay.png

I also changed the presentation a little, the jerseys above are each linked to the full set (back view, pants, socks) that is uploaded to flickr, but at the request of JackassFr you are now able to view the most important part of the concept without clicking and risking a finger falling off.

A grey alt is even more of a no-no than a red one. Blue Jackets, Civil War, Union, Confederacy... you catching my drift?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A grey alt is even more of a no-no than a red one. Blue Jackets, Civil War, Union, Confederacy... you catching my drift?

I agree with you a that using a primarily Grey uniform for the Jackets is a bad idea but im confused as to why a Red alternate would be a problem.

I agree with you a that using a primarily Grey uniform for the Jackets is a bad idea but im confused as to why a Red alternate would be a problem.

The team's called the Blue Jackets. Having a sweater a colour other then blue (save a white one for road games) would be to minimize blue. A colour should never be minimized in a team's identity if the colour is part of the name.

The team's called the Blue Jackets. Having a sweater a colour other then blue (save a white one for road games) would be to minimize blue. A colour should never be minimized in a team's identity if the colour is part of the name.

Using that logic the Blackhawks should ditch their classic Red jerseys and replace them with their Black former alternates. I agree that a team called the "Blue Jackets" should use blue jerseys as the coloured version of their primaries but I think a Red alternate would work really well for the Blue Jackets. Red is a prominent colour in their scheme and Im not a fan of teams who's alternates are the same colour as their home primaries.

When weighing my options for the third jersey (red, grey, and a second blue), I felt that the grey would be the easier pill to swallow when it came to comments. My logic went something like this...The Civil War was about 250 years ago, the idea of bringing a grey uniform into a team who's nickname was modeled after the Union army would show a sense of forgiveness and that people are brought together through the game of hockey.

Didn't the Unionists have different shades of Blue?

Maybe this was the Jacket's idea when they introduced the new blue with their third jersey this year.

As was stated in my short explanation as well as in the comments, the idea of red for a team using blue in their nickname isn't the best of ideas.

Just curious, but with you saying this, do you feel that the introduction of the grey third would minimize the blue in the same way that a red jersey would?

You fixed two of the four jerseys I really hate. The first is the Philadelphia Flyers. That concept is slick. Makes orange look good.. The second is the Columbus Blue Jackets.. I really hate their jerseys. Fix Anahiem's and Nashville's..

You may or may not have guessed the team I'm currently working on. Hopefully they will be up shortly seeing as I have the home jersey finished.

Using that logic the Blackhawks should ditch their classic Red jerseys and replace them with their Black former alternates. I agree that a team called the "Blue Jackets" should use blue jerseys as the coloured version of their primaries but I think a Red alternate would work really well for the Blue Jackets. Red is a prominent colour in their scheme and Im not a fan of teams who's alternates are the same colour as their home primaries.

I would disagree on the sole fact that Blackhawks is one word (yes I know it wasn't always that way). Another "exception" would have to be the Cleveland Browns, but teams like the Toronto Blue Jays have had horrid attempts (logos and jerseys) with any colors that weren't a shade of blue. The more I consider the option of a red third, the more I feel like the fans of Columbus would embrace it as a tie-in of sorts to The Ohio State University.

Didn't the Unionists have different shades of Blue?

Maybe this was the Jacket's idea when they introduced the new blue with their third jersey this year.

True, i like your jerseys and it's always a pleasure seeing your work crkraider22

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived