Golden Gophers

Grageg

Made some changes to the color of green, the neck size, and fur on the back of the neck. It just felt a little awkward the way it was. I feel a lot better about it, now.

Thanks to all, for the help! Everytime I post what I think is a finished product, you guys find a way to make it a LOT better.

Gophers.png

BuckeyesRetroFlagSm.pngFindlayRetroFlagSm.pngBrownsRetroFlagSm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done. The logo, wordmark, and especially the colors really make it stand out and look very impressive for a high school team. I have no doubt that they will accept your updated graphics package. The only thing else would be to see what you have planned for the jerseys.

I love the most recent update. Though honestly I preferred the more "human-looking" eyes you posted in the first update. Overall great work! If I want to get really nit-picky, I'd address the tan-green-tan wrinkle lines above the nose. I think you should move the top tan line down a bit so that you can't see the vertical tan line beneath it.

• 3 years later...

All,

After a long delay and a few discussions, the school decided they wanted to have me do the redesign, but wanted a "front" view and wanted it to be more aggressive and strong. Here is my first draft I'd planned to submit.

I'm looking for some constructive criticism and general thoughts, as I've been looking at it since last night and I've lost all perspective.

NewGopher2014_zps0d47cc15.png

BuckeyesRetroFlagSm.pngFindlayRetroFlagSm.pngBrownsRetroFlagSm.png

You have improved a lot since the previous logo. On a helmet, I always think profile view look better, but if the school wants front view, I guess you gotta go with what they want. The updated version is excellent. My only suggestion would be on the eyes. The eyes on the previous version were more rodent-like. If you could take the glossy effect you had there, and just apply it to the newer one, it would make it look gopher eyes more. Now, there is so much dark area, at a quick glance, it gas the subtle impression if a raccoon. The eyes could still be aggressive and glossy at the same time. Anyway, that's just one small nitpick. This is really good and I hope the school goes with your updates.

Archived