Sorry But I Have To Vent...

gregchait

The only part fo the memory that you failed to re-create was the part immediately after hearing the clickity-clack of the vacuum tossing around a lite-brite peg.... the top-volume voice of my mother calling my name.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with winters in buffalo & vicfurth on this one. If anything, the true gold of this site lay's within the new members concept drawings. You'll learn in time that this board promotes amatuer designers and their growth.

And to think... bs & I have rarely agreed on anything .

Nothing says consensus like that.

I agree too! Yay me and BS!

With obsession with me has to stop! Surely you must have better things to do with you time than tracking down my posts.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Dude, the guy just said he agreed with you...

There's no need in explaining this to you if you don't already know why I said that. I know he agreed with me but that's besides the point.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

BS... one of the keys to getting along with fellow CCSL boarders is using your sense of humor liberally. Nobody's arguing that there's a reason why you're a little testy, but you gotta let it go, just let it slide off your back.

To put it somewhat metaphorically, you can't drop the gloves every time someone mentions your name. Alright? B)

As to the original complaint:

I see his point in that sometimes it's tough trying to see through the crudeness of Paint to see the budding artist beneath, but if we bar people from posting concepts, we may end up killing the development of the next Nitroseed or Joe Bosack, and that would truly be a shame.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

BS... one of the keys to getting along with fellow CCSL boarders is using your sense of humor liberally. Nobody's arguing that there's a reason why you're a little testy, but you gotta let it go, just let it slide off your back.

To put it somewhat metaphorically, you can't drop the gloves every time someone mentions your name. Alright? B)

As to the original complaint:

I see his point in that sometimes it's tough trying to see through the crudeness of Paint to see the budding artist beneath, but if we bar people from posting concepts, we may end up killing the development of the next Nitroseed or Joe Bosack, and that would truly be a shame.

Yes I know but that same advice could be offered to some other members. I'm not mentioning any names.

Retired Number's To Come

Wow!

Well it appears that my view on this matter is overwhelming the minority one. Some of the opposition to what I have said, I think is a little misconstrued from the point that I was attempting to make.

I didn't nessecarily mean that one should not use MS Paint, or had to use Illustrator. There are plenty of good designs in Paint and poor ones in Illustrator.

I guess my gripe was more along the lines of when someone who has very little skill, and MORE SO very little though process and/or creativity, comes along and decides to do every single pro sports franchise.

Now I won't sit here and say that I haven't used a secondary logo as a crest on a hockey jersey, reversed the colors used on a football jersey or borrowed a hoops logo to put on a baseball jersey. I guess I am just saying, that above all, one should attempt to put some valid thought and creativity into the work that they do.

And while this sometimes annoys me, I do see the point that you all make. Especially the thought that through this board is how one will ultimately evolve and cultivate their design skills.

I don't think it's fair to rip someone to shreds when it's obvious that they aren't very skilled and/or familiar with the program, whether that be PAINT or ILLUSTRATOR. So I suppose this was my generalized gripe.

I really hate to come across as a snob who is happy that he can make a straight line, I guess perhaps my post was a little impulsive as paynomind touched on, but I am probably not the only one that feels this way...

Thank you all for the sobering replies...

grc

yanks_sig.gif

I think he means the 8-Bit Battle 3rd Place Ballcap.

And get this back on a reasonable discussion path (ie. no personal insults), or else this is going to get locked real quick. Consider yourselves warned.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

With obsession with me has to stop! Surely you must have better things to do with you time than tracking down my posts.

dude, i am not tracking you, i read every post on this whole damn board. I agreed with you, thats it thats all, nothing else was intended.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I haven't posted any concepts myself, since I've yet to master illustrator. I'm a perfectionist, and being such I know I have a bias against crude paint program images. Most of us can come up with good ideas, but they don't mean much if you can't transfer them from your brain to a digital image. Having said that, I think we need to promote others into making the switch to vector. Here are some links to 'try before you buy' software. Enjoy.

Illustrator (Windows) http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/dow....jsp?ftpID=2421

Illustrator (Mac) http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/dow....jsp?ftpID=2422

Freehand MX 2004 http://www.macromedia.com/go/tryfireworks

CorelDraw http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1047022725614

Archived