Sorry But I Have To Vent...

gregchait

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the year fuzeball. And yes we have been saying it since 1918, but what will u be saying when we do win it???

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Thats 6 years ago when he was 9. So, I'd say no... he probably hasn't known to follow pro baseball quite that long. But nice guess.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

No, why would I be a bandwagon. I like teams with tradition, Yankees=Tradition and it also helps when just about everybody around you is a Yankee fan and don't use the arguement if your friends jumped off a bridge would you. I wouldn't, I like the Yankees for the their jerseys and the fan first attitude of their owner. Who I might add is the greatest owner in all of baseball.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

::COUGH COUGH GASP COUGH::

sorry, did a spit take on that one

"Fan First?"

Steinbrenner is in the "money first" business. He spends a ton of money, to get much more in return. He knows that everyone is a fan of the team that wins all the time, so as long as the Yankees win, all the Fred Durst NY Hat-wearing wannabe fans are lining his pocket.

If you want to truly see a fan-first owner, watch the Today show and look for the boyfriend of Katie Couric, Mr. Tom Werner. Then you will see someone who HAS put the fans first since he became part owner.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

really? Their jerseys? If it weren't for the tradition of this team, we'd all be crucifying them for being dreadfully boring. Go head, bash me for that. But other than the fact that so many championships, and so many greats wore those things, what is good about them? "I really like washed out grey with navy block letters." yawn. "I think a uniform looking like a man in white pajamas was just raked over with a menorah full of sharpie markers." blech.

Yes, the Yankees have been a wildly successful franchise. Yes. But I'm of the mind that there is very little to like about them if you don't like in the city.

I know who the 4 people will be who will come to the almighty yankees defence. And I'm sure the points will be valid. But I also bet they will all be based on 'tradition' and 'winning history. Bah!

Fuse, I love ya, man.. but between the Yankee lovin, and the University (sic) of Georgia player in your signature, your team alliances conspire against us enjoying a game together!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I wonder what the count is for times that a thread has gone array from someone insulting a Yankees fan...

Nice numbers Fuze, and as much as the miserable Boston fans think they have it, it isn't easy constantly being bashed and having your loyalty questioned.

But it's a hell of a lot better than never winning jack for 86 years... losers...

1918 & 26... the only numbers they need to remember... well put Fuze...

grc

yanks_sig.gif

we all know that baseball rots your brain.... stop watching it, and switch on the red wings/flames series... THAT'S sports :)

just kidding... baseball's cool and all, i just don't enjoy it...... but my loyalties in that sport lie with boston, since i had a sox jersey when i was a little baby... (born in salem, mass..)

Of course these arguements are going to happen ALL THE TIME...The one thing we have to realize, is that this board brings together people from across the continent (a few stragglers from overseas), and with that diveristy comes a variety of team loyalties.

Throw in the fact that the members here are big-time sports fans, and their loyalties run deeper than most, and you get a recipe for team rivalries being at the forefront.

Face it, when it comes to rivalries, the Yankees - Red Sox rift is as deep-seated and long-lasting as any conflict in the Middle East...

...the difference being, Red Sox fans don't have the decency to blow themselves up.

No, WiB, don't click 'add reply'... no, no... delete the last part... don't click it! aw, crap, he's clicking it!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived