Baseball uniform blog

JayJaxon

I'm pretty sure this is the right place to put this. Mods please move it to the proper place if it isn't.

Greetings everyone. I wanted to do a little harmless promotion for my new blog that I have opened. The point of this blog is to kind of keep up with the progress of my book. My goal is to publish sometime before the start of the 2012 season, and this is kind of a way to document my progress and allow readers to give their opinions and offer information on their favorite teams so that I'm sure not to mess them up. I'll also post some of my personal collection and I will try my hand at writing about the upcoming baseball season.

Anyone that is a fan of baseball, seen a baseball game, knows what a baseball looks like :), please check out my blog. Even if you are not a baseball fan and want to follow the progress of a book in the works, this would be good for you to follow as well. I really appreciate anyone that checks it out and decides to watch me. I will be posting often.

Jay Jackson's Baseball Uniform Blog

Well, I wish you the best of luck on this endeavor. I'm not sure how much I'd be able to contribute, but I'd definitely be willing to help recreate some of the older logos and whatnot. After seeing the work you've done, and even just your sig, I know you have a great eye for detail and you shouldn't have too much of a problem making accurate recreations of history's uniforms.

TDZiMMB.png

Really really cool. I put a link to your site from my blog. I hope you don't mind.

I like your template, but will you be doing the backs of the uniform to show number fonts and NOB? I'm happy to see that you will be including BP and alternate uniforms. That's always bothered me about dressed to the nines.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Thanks to those that have commented and contacted me. I really appreciate it. I will do a friendly bump on this thread every once in a while announcing things I have written in the blog to try to generate more interest. I look forward to seeing what you guys think.

Really really cool. I put a link to your site from my blog. I hope you don't mind.

I like your template, but will you be doing the backs of the uniform to show number fonts and NOB? I'm happy to see that you will be including BP and alternate uniforms. That's always bothered me about dressed to the nines.

McCarthy I am now a follower of your blog. Thank you for the link.

As of right now I will concentrate on the front of the uniform. But there is something in the works to show the back as well.

I think you should show the back of the jersey. There are a lot variations, like nameplates, fonts, layers of twill, etc.

Are you going to show the logos on the side of that hats?...like the World Series and Inaugural/Final Season logos.

I'm excited to see the progress!

The backs of the jerseys will come but not at first. The main reason I am doing it this way is because it's double the work. I have a special template to show the side of the hat for the patches that appear there. I'm going to start posting on the blog on a regular basis probably today. I may also do something like a uniform of the day or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived