Nike Selling Auburn Championship Apparel

carlosgg6

My brother has an Adidas FSU shirt and I have a UA Miami shirt, its like Drew said, they let more than just their athletic supplier make apparel with their logo.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I don't have a picture, but the Championship hats they wore after the game didn't have the Nike Swoosh on the side. The same hats are for sale at lids.com with the swoosh.

I'm not sure if they had the Swoosh, but I know they said Dri-Fit on the back.

I don't have a picture, but the Championship hats they wore after the game didn't have the Nike Swoosh on the side. The same hats are for sale at lids.com with the swoosh.

Nike's deal with the BCS is the same as their deal with the NCAA for men's and women's basketball tournament championship gear. If a school that wins a title has a contract with another manufacturer, they are provided with product to wear on-field (or on-court) that does not bear the competing logo. The schools may not distribute or wear any other championship products on field or on-court.

All product at retail will have the Nike logo and Nike has exclusive rights to sell products with the BCS and bowl game logos. Institutions can license any company they want to make bowl-themed apparel, but it will not bear the BCS logo. The individual bowls can license the use of their logo to the participating schools and their designated manufacturer.

Nike doing everything in their power to make a cent? Yes, that's right.

What exactly is the issue with Nike making a hat here?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nike's deal with the BCS is the same as their deal with the NCAA for men's and women's basketball tournament championship gear. If a school that wins a title has a contract with another manufacturer, they are provided with product to wear on-field (or on-court) that does not bear the competing logo. The schools may not distribute or wear any other championship products on field or on-court.

All product at retail will have the Nike logo and Nike has exclusive rights to sell products with the BCS and bowl game logos. Institutions can license any company they want to make bowl-themed apparel, but it will not bear the BCS logo. The individual bowls can license the use of their logo to the participating schools and their designated manufacturer.

That's not entirely true. Nike doesn't have an exclusive deal with the BCS bowls, as adidas sells BCS game merchandise including Auburn National Championship tees.

I was unaware of any deal with the Nike at the Bowl level however. Do you have a link or anything with that information?

Not gonna lie. I'm loving the crystal football pattern on the hat. Freakin' brilliant.

Nike-National-Champs-Locker-Room-Cap-Auburn.jpg

ohhh nice! that crystal-print is very clever indeed.

more on topic: meh, Nike's gonna make a buck any way they can...there's no such thing as brand-loyalty within any certain team/university either.

That's not entirely true. Nike doesn't have an exclusive deal with the BCS bowls, as adidas sells BCS game merchandise including Auburn National Championship tees.

I was unaware of any deal with the Nike at the Bowl level however. Do you have a link or anything with that information?

The Nike BCS contract is for the official locker room gear that the winning players get (hats, t-shirts and hoodies IIRC).

Not gonna lie. I'm loving the crystal football pattern on the hat. Freakin' brilliant.

Also, I'm convinced the "carbon fiber" stripes on the sides of the hat were intended for an Oregon hat.

The CF looks like it was designed in preparation for an Oregon win. :lol:

87Redskins.png

Nike doing everything in their power to make a cent? Yes, that's right.

What exactly is the issue with Nike making a hat here?

Not a problem. As I didn't allude to their being a problem. I know you get a chubber for that sort of thing.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Also, I'm convinced the "carbon fiber" stripes on the sides of the hat were intended for an Oregon hat.

The CF looks like it was designed in preparation for an Oregon win. :lol:

The carbon fiber pattern was used on the hats for every bowl this year, not just the national championship game.

The Nike BCS contract is for the official locker room gear that the winning players get (hats, t-shirts and hoodies IIRC).

That's what I meant, the locker room shirts and hats. Their deal with the BCS also allows them to produce retail products, not just on-field materials, with the school, bowl and BCS logos.

And no, I don't haven links, I'm reading from documents sent to us from our last final four trip. A friend that works with the Sugar Bowl told me the same information, with identical wording from the NCAA packet is sent to the participants in the five BCS bowls.

I just see it in the nike blog, maybe a noobie question, but if Under Armour is the Auburn Sponsor, why Nike is selling the jerseys???

http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/01/12/nike-auburn-national-champions-apparel/

In the second sentence of blog post you linked to, your question is answered. "And while Auburn is outfitted by Under Armour, Nike actually has the logo rights with the BCS, so in order to get an Auburn ?National Champs? t-shirt that actually has the BCS logo on it you?ll have to shop Swoosh." Crazier things have happened.

Archived