New AFC and NFC Championship Game Logo

Nintendogmaster

Actually, it isn't old news. These are different than the ones the NFL released last offseason.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You know, it'd be cool if one of the footballs was facing to the left so they could be reflections of each other.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The NFL Playoffs logo (generic) and the conference championship logos are much different than the original versions shown off last year. The Wild Card and Divisional logos are similar, but the text was moved onto the silver bottom.

This is also the first good look at the new trophies, confirming what some had thought all along: The new Hunt and Halas trophies are not Lombardi Trophy Junior, i.e., a solid silver football on a base instead of a pedestal. They are, in fact, hollow sculptures with just the four silver 'bands' forming the shape of the football.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Which, considering that the footballs whih comprise the majority of its design are clearly modeled on the championship trinket, makes the new Hunt and Halas Trophies very much Vince Lombardi Trophy, Junior.

But they're not modeled after the football on the Lombardi trophy, which is what I'm getting at. Most people in the original discussion were under the impression that the new Hunt and Halas Trophies basically took the football off the Lombardi Trophy pedestal (a solid silver football) and plopped in on a small base (the trophy equivalent of a kicking tee. Obviously, that's not the case. It's a completely different sculpture.

It's not exactly the same but clearly inspired by The Vince, which is what I think most people are getting at. It's obviously not just the same football on a pedestal.

I just remember one post where this one dude was all like, "Yo, I think the new trophies are a little bit different than the Lombardi Trophy. I don't think the football is solid at all. I think it's hollow." and this other cat was like, 'No way, brah, it's just the Lombardi Trophy without the pedestal.'

I'm sticking up for that first guy because he was right.

It's not exactly the same but clearly inspired by The Vince, which is what I think most people are getting at. It's obviously not just the same football on a pedestal.

I just remember one post where this one dude was all like, "Yo, I think the new trophies are a little bit different than the Lombardi Trophy. I don't think the football is solid at all. I think it's hollow." and this other cat was like, 'No way, brah, it's just the Lombardi Trophy without the pedestal.'

I'm sticking up for that first guy because he was right.

Well keep in mind that these are the final versions. The original versions, which only ever existed on paper, did appear at first to be the football from The Vince on a pedestal.

Were these "new" Playoff logos scrapped? I haven't seen these anywhere this postseason.

playoffs.png

I assume these to be "beta" or "rough draft" logos, and the ones that are actually being used are simply the final version. Other than the conference championship logos, the final ones look fairly similar, but have similar gradient effects to the new Super Bowl logo.

Archived