YMCA logo

netsjazz

In Canada, they're still using the old logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

In Maryland (i.e. USA) they are still using the old logo, too. Where the hell are they actually using the new logo?

On their official website....

and Wikipedia

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

In Maryland (i.e. USA) they are still using the old logo, too. Where the hell are they actually using the new logo?

So they use a new logo on their main website, and still use an old logo on their "satellite" websites, over 6 months after the new logo debuted? Someone's going to have to explain that to me, I don't think I've seen an organization do that before.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Here's the header from YMCA.ca

tmp-img-logo-with-slogan.jpg

Well it will take them a LONG time to rid of the old logo completely. They put it literally everywhere in their gyms, and to take each down and replace it is a tough task. I know in Rochester it's changed (at least on the commercials), but I doubt it's changed everywhere in all the locations.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

and Wikipedia

...and on busses in Toledo, OH...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

and Wikipedia

...and on busses in Toledo, OH...

and at the YMCA in Northbrook, IL

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Y that I go to has switched to the new logo and is working on integrating the design elements onto all of their collateral.

http://www.spartanburgymca.org/

The Y that I go to has switched to the new logo and is working on integrating the design elements onto all of their collateral.

http://www.spartanburgymca.org/

Yeah I was actually talking about this one

http://www.ymaryland.org/

I mean it's not the end of the world but I just find it interesting that this long after the new logo was unveiled, they are still using the old logo in some places.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I've seen some flyers around Milwaukee with the new logo and I must say I like it much better having seen it in context.

But I'm guessing they're only gonna replace it in their signage after their current signage gets worn out and has to be replaced anyway.

Archived