2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

For one, that's Scout.com.

Two, rebrandings could mean anything. I highly doubt that Texas and Florida will be changing their uniforms.

I can't speak for the other sports, but Texas football is not being rebranded. I doubt Florida is either.

At most, they will be wearing 2011 Pro Combat uniforms.

So Bill Moos mentioned that Texas and Florida would be getting rebranded just for :censored:s and grins? Oh, ok.

I don't know who he is or why anybody says anything, but I can tell you right now, Texas football is not being rebranded.

Edit: just looked Moos up; sounds to me like he was more interested in grouping his actions with programs like Texas and Florida than he was in delivering factually correct news. If Texas football was getting rebranded, do you really think this is how we would find out? From WSU's AD?

Considering he is good friends with Phil Knight from Moos' days at Oregon, I'd say it's a strong possibility he knows a lot more than you do.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that twitter, thanks. Yes, I remember that. Then, however I think Cam Saddler clarified that what he meant was that their offense was going to look like Oregon (with multiple offensive sets) rather than aesthetically look like Oregon.

Here is the twitter quote again:

"Y?all gonna be excited when we step on the field, and y?all see them Pitt Panthers runnin? out and we gonna be out there like Oregon runnin? around with all these different colors on and all that.?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread...not sure why he brought up "different colors and all that."

Two, rebrandings could mean anything. I highly doubt that Texas and Florida will be changing their uniforms.

I can't speak for the other sports, but Texas football is not being rebranded. I doubt Florida is either.

So Bill Moos mentioned that Texas and Florida would be getting rebranded just for :censored:s and grins? Oh, ok.

I don't know who he is or why anybody says anything, but I can tell you right now, Texas football is not being rebranded.

Edit: just looked Moos up; sounds to me like he was more interested in grouping his actions with programs like Texas and Florida than he was in delivering factually correct news. If Texas football was getting rebranded, do you really think this is how we would find out? From WSU's AD?

Considering he is good friends with Phil Knight from Moos' days at Oregon, I'd say it's a strong possibility he knows a lot more than you do.

I don't care who he knows. He is speaking out of turn. Texas football is not being rebranded.

If you want to say and think they are, feel free.

I don't care who he knows. He is speaking out of turn. Texas football is not being rebranded.

Do you actually have inside information that they're not being rebranded? Has someone from Austin told you anything? Or are you going on a hope and a prayer?

Do you actually have inside information that they're not being rebranded? Has someone from Austin told you anything? Or are you going on a hope and a prayer?

I'm pretty in with the football program (which is why I said I couldn't speak for the rest of the sports).

But to be honest, even if I weren't, I could pretty easily conclude that Texas football wouldn't agree to a rebrand.

I'm pretty in with the football program (which is why I said I couldn't speak for the rest of the sports).

As in, what? Do you talk to Mack Brown every day? Or do you subscribe to a newsletter?

As in, what? Do you talk to Mack Brown every day? Or do you subscribe to a newsletter?

I talk to Mack Brown when I go to (closed) practices. I don't suscribe to any Texas newsletter, but I know none of them have mentioned anything about a rebrand of the football program.

South Carolina is also reportedly getting new uniforms:

USC?s Under Armour football jerseys introduced in 2007 were designed with crescent moon-inspired curves as well.

Next year?s football jerseys will be an evolution of the current uniforms where the curved moons will move from the top of the shoulders to the front, Clement said.

?It?s a less-is-more look,? he said.

Gogamecocks.com Article

Oh, that twitter, thanks. Yes, I remember that. Then, however I think Cam Saddler clarified that what he meant was that their offense was going to look like Oregon (with multiple offensive sets) rather than aesthetically look like Oregon.

"Y?all gonna be excited when we step on the field, and y?all see them Pitt Panthers runnin? out and we gonna be out there like Oregon runnin? around with all these different colors on and all that.?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread...not sure why he brought up "different colors and all that."

Thanks. Later, he clarified this and from what Pitt's athletic department said, nothing is in the works.

His Twitter from 2/22:

"Alright relax wht the whole uniform ordeal we haven't actually seen a new uniform yet but coach g has hinted"

That said, Tulsa DID have script.....

Thanks. Later, he clarified this and from what Pitt's athletic department said, nothing is in the works.

His Twitter from 2/22:

"Alright relax wht the whole uniform ordeal we haven't actually seen a new uniform yet but coach g has hinted"

That said, Tulsa DID have script.....

Ok - gotcha. I wish Pitt would bring the script back.

Oregon isn't SWITCHING to anything. The article said they will add those jerseys to their collection for what to wear.

Because more combinations is what Oregon needs!

Until they put a limit on combos I don't see why not

If the new additions are green and/or yellow it'll be a net gain.

Hate to be a downer

7244-2T.jpg

7245-2T.jpg

I guess we will get to see the anthracite ones for the opener since I imagine LSU will be in their usual whites.

Archived