FBS Nike Facelift

Brave-Bird 08

Here's the project overview. I'm going to go through and take the "elite" or "worthy" Nike teams from each conference and give them new Nike uniforms with the new cut. If a Nike team is missing they either a) already wear the latest template, or B) are way off the radar (ex: Vanderbilt). Ok, so anyways, here goes!

I'm starting with the SEC. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and LSU get the nod. I left off Arkansas because they currently wear Nike's latest Pro Combat jersey and pants template.

Alabama: for Alabama I kept things pretty traditional. The houndstooth pattern is on the under-sleeves (though at the resolution these pics were exported it doesnt show up well...so just use your imagination). Grey trim and a simplified primary logo patch are major changes to the home and road. A white helmet has also been added for home and road games. The pro combat uniform uses a darker grey, and a sublimated houndstooth pattern on the helmet and numbers.

Home

Road

w/ white helmet

Pro Combat

Florida: This one's a little unconventional, but I've always felt like Florida could take a hop in the modern day pool and get away with it. I used their steamlined number-font and scripts, and also took a crack at the slight gator skin pattern on the orange helmet. Gator skin also shows up on the under-sleeves here. The home and away follow the pattern UF has gone with over the past few seasons, but I also brought in a white helmet and orange pants. And...please...please...beware of the pro combat (not because it's ugly...but b/c it can bite :grin:)

Home

Road

w/ white helmet

w/ orange pants

Pro Combat

Georgia: I've taken a similar route with a UGA concept before, on a lesser template. I feel like, as a Dawg fan, if they ever make a template switch they need to take the oppurtunity to bring in sleeve stripes. Their regular uniforms these days just bore me a little. I followed the look of the 1980's Georgia uniforms, emphasizing the continuing red collar and triple sleeve stripe pattern. The helmet remains the same. Also, I always wanted Georgia to have road uniform pants options...so black, as well as red pants, come into play (though I'm showing the black pants w/ the red jersey just to see what yall think). The pro combat is also something I've done a dirty rendering of before. It incorporates Georgia's past of silver hats, and takes a modern twist on Georgia's traditional style.

Home

Road

w/ black pants

w/ red pants

Pro Combat

LSU: Everything here stays pretty consistent. To make an update, I switched over to the gothic font the basketball team uses (same as Miami, FL). One small change I made was to take out the thin gold stripes on the inside of the pants stripes...that's always bothered me. Tiger stripes on the under-sleeves also add some modern elements. I did an all-white uniform, but inkscape would not let me open it to export...idk why...so I'll throw that in later. The pro combat uniform is kind of a reverse of their last one. I went with a colored jersey, shiny gold numbers, and white pants with the modern pro combat stripe.

Regular

Clash

Pro Combat

Nice, nice work here.

Alabama: Though you didn't change much, the undersleeves are a nice touch, as is the white helmet! The pro combat is fantastic, the darker grey goes very well with the crimson.

Florida: As strange as it is for a traditionalist like me to say this, I really do like how you've executed Florida. The only thing I dislike is the "F" on the orange helmet (I've always wondered what the modern "Gators" script would look like on the orange helmet and think that could work better), but aside from that, I can't really complain about anything else. The pro combat is a little out there, but as long as it's used rarely, I think it works. It really does look great!

Georgia: Mmmhm. Definetely a win, all the way through. That pro combat is definetely one of the better Georgia sets I've seen. A+ here!

LSU: I'm a guy who thinks LSU has THE best uniforms in college football as they are already, but you've made some really great changes here. I don't they're as great as what they already wear now, but it is still a fantastic concept and would love to see it on the field. Nice pro combat here as well.

Very good job! Can't wait to the next teams! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Bama: Like it all, very well done. This is more a comment for the whole series, but I like how you have the regular uniforms and then a crazy procombat, lets your creative juices fly.

Florida: Once again I like everything I see. The procombat is pretty nifty, but that gray might be too dark, what if you spiced it up with some white?

Georgia: Not feeling it as much. I guess if there was a major gripe people would have it's that none of the striping patterns match up with each other. Don't like the gradient on the numbers either.

LSU: Standard stuff, procombat is cool but again I'm not a fan of the gradient.

Love your work and hope to see more.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

You stole my idea! I'm in the process of converting the NCAA to the pro combat template as well, but I guess great minds think alike ^_^

Anyway, on the concept...

Alabama: Not much to say here...I like the subtle houndstooth on the undershirt.

Florida: I like the updated font, I was planning on using that as well. The gator skin looks good too.

Georgia: I like the old school sleeve stripes, and the Pro Combat looks really nice.

LSU: The updated font and subtle tiger stripes look really good, and I like the Pro Combat as well.

I love all of the Florida jerseys except the ProCombat. Florida is "Orange and Blue", can you really make a jersey without it?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I love all of the Florida jerseys except the ProCombat. Florida is "Orange and Blue", can you really make a jersey without it?

Oregon is "Green and Yellow", can nike make jerseys without it? The answer to that question is Yes, Yes they can

phineas-and-ferb-banner-500x222.jpg

(Phineas and Ferb reference)

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I like the Florida set but I think in terms of what they might actually wear the white helmet and the orange pants wouldn't see the field. They wore the white helmet when they got smoked by 'Bama in the '09 SEC title game and went so far as to ask EA to remove a very similar helmet from Teambuilder. The orange pants are also not worn because they got beat the last time they wore them. Maybe try a blue helmet?

All of these look excellent! The only thing I'm iffy on is the all black Florida uniform, I would say at least make the stripes and numbers blue and orange or just scrap it and go with a orange uniform, either way I like the creativity, can't wait to see some more!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think he left them out because they are under armor and his concept was "I'm going to go through and take the "elite" or "worthy" Nike teams from each conference..." After this season I wouldn't think he'd lump the Cocks in with Vandy. I would like see what the best guestimate of the 'Cocks new UA jerseys for 2011 will look like... hopefully we won't have to wait until the spring game for the actual reveal.

SEC Updates--

I changed Alabama's pro combat helmet decal from the number to the "A" logo. Think it helps make the pro combat uniform unique without really killing Bama's roots. Also, TV numbers. Again...just making it more unique.

Bama Pro Combat Update

LSU--here's the all white I promised you. I think it would be a really cool uniform to wear against Tulane, or in one big SEC road game a year...or home game for that matter.

LSU all-white

I also changed LSU's pro combat. I thought it looked a bit plain and lame, so I put the regular helmet logo on it, tried to give the lid a metallic looking finish, and also added television numbers.

LSU Pro Combat Update

Alright, the SEC is now locked! Big Ten will be up shortly.

I think all of them look great. At first I didn't like the Florida pro combat, but now it is kind of growing on me, I understand what your trying to accomplish. I can't wait for the Big Ten.

Whatever happened to your NFL series? And by any chance, where do you get your non NFL logos from?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I think all of them look great. At first I didn't like the Florida pro combat, but now it is kind of growing on me, I understand what your trying to accomplish. I can't wait for the Big Ten.

Whatever happened to your NFL series? And by any chance, where do you get your non NFL logos from?

google imaging + trace ability on inkscape are your best friends.

Here's the Big Ten, so far. My inkscape is having a crashing fit again. It's no problem, it usually fixes itself in a few days, or even a few hours. Anyways, I figured I'd go ahead and show you what I have exported.

For the Big Ten I'm doing Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, and Illinois. Michigan State already wears the newest template, so there's no point in toying with them (plus I LOVE Michigan State's current unis...idc what anyone says!).

Ohio State--nothing groundbreaking here. The changes are simply the sleeve stripes and number trim. I did not get a chance to export the pro-combat for them, so I will post that as soon as possible! To expand more on the design change, if you noticed in my UGA concept, I don't necessarily feel consistent striping is vital to having a good uniform. I preferred Ohio State's older jersey stripes, as well as those HUGE numbers! So, I took that route here.

home

road

Penn State--these small changes hopefully go smoothly. I added a pants stripe! Plus, some logo placement around the uniform. Other than that, this concept is pretty simple (and yes, I am aware using a revolution helmet for a Penn State concept is unrealistic...but if anyone could find a schutt DNA or Ion template of the same sorts I'd be thrilled!). I went way off the path for the pro combat, but hopefully people like it. I modeled it after their basketball team's really unique uniform design. I think it looks great on a one time uniform, but you be the judge.

home

road

pro combat

I'll have Ohio State's pro combat, as well as Iowa and Illinois, asap!

love Ohio State's former look. I definitely love this update to it.

(Central Catholic High School, where Dane Sanzenbacher attended, used to wear uniforms almost identical to those.)

Here's Central Catholics look:

1061205063_NuzGH-M.jpg

I haven't liked the Bucks current look because of the lack of gray on the home uniform. Also, their black pants stripe seem to get bigger every year...

Eddie George days (pants):

no27-george-eddie.jpg

Current (pants):

Michigan+v+Ohio+State+3I5CAkjQWSql.jpg

Horrible.

All in all, great update. I like the addition of gray to the numbers, and the switch back to the former striping.

Penn State looks good as well, not a huge change, so it wouldn't hurt.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived