Atlanta Thrashers Re-Brand

Blitz

So a little while ago I did an Anaheim logo rebrand which I fully intended to turn into a series... Never happened however, as I never really made it past Anaheim (not a great start I know...)

Anyhow here is my Atlanta Concept - You'll notice a lack of Numbers/Lettering, I may still get to that!!!

thrashset_vectorized_free.png

As always C&C appreciated.

canada.png

Nice execution, but I think it's a little tame for what they're going for. Obviously the team wants 'thrasher' to be a double entendre, and I don't know if a graceful and harmless-looking bird would accomplish that for a hockey team. You did do a nice job with the logo design and color palette though.

the bird looks really sweet. I like this. it's classier than that cartoon chicken they have now. the colors here make sense, considering the thrasher is technically a "brown" thrasher, and the light blue is a nice touch.

but the color scheme seems a tad bland. I've always liked how loud the current thrashers colors can be, when put together correctly. I've also always been a sucker for that triangular pattern they had a while back...

but, I'm nowhere near a hockey expert.

I second the last two comments lol

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.? - 'Broad Street Bullies' coach Fred "The Fog" Shero

1z4y8ms.jpg

"A guy broke into my apartment last week.. He didn't take the TV, just the remote. Now he drives by and changes the channels.. Sick b***ard"

Echoing earlier statements, the thrasher while well designed, doesn't really fit the mold of what the organization has trotted out since their inception. Granted this is a concept, so, who cares? It's a good looking bird, but the A could use a bit of touching up - other than that, very well done.

As for the sweater, they're a bit too.. dull. I don't like the inconsistencies with the striping from the home and away, and the dark sweater could do without the light blue yoke/breast coloring; it seems like an after thought to attempt a classic while modern approach. I'd go with a more vibrant and recognizable striping pattern. You have a lot of sharp angles in the crest but flat stripes that don't really mesh well when combined.

This is good so far, keep it up.

Archived