Green Bay Packers

Discrim

I didn't feel like digging up my older thread, so here goes a new one.

packersheismanlogosheet3.png

the ID sheet: many of you have seen the modified Heisman before, I've made a few minor tweaks to it. The GB monogram's not exactly what was on Lombardi's cap, but it's close enough for my liking, and I added it because the regular G looks awkward with the fauxbacks, mainly due to the lack of white.

packersheismanmain3.png

the home and away...The quandry of football's disappearing sleeve stripes. Many feel the solution is striped undershirts, and looking at Oregon State's Pro Combat uniform from this past season, I'm inclined to agree. Another idea I've made frequent use of is that of striping as a standalone logo, which I'd debuted the last time I released a Packers concept and is used here.

And if you're wondering why I used gold numbers rather than white, first I thought it looked better. Second, you can say it, along with the brassy gold itself, would symbolize a new era in Packers annals

packersheismanalt3.png

Honestly, if NFL uniform rules were a bit looser, I'd have the gold jersey rotate with one of the fauxbacks every year. Gold jersey/white pants would produce a nice ass uniform...and the 30s/40s set is the inspiration for the vintage style.

packersheismanvintage.png

finally, two more fauxbacks, along with a stab at replacing the G with the GB (honestly, I'd need to pair the vintage threads with the normal pants for the G to not look awkward with them). Top jersey is based on the 1929 throwbacks worn this past season, bottom is based on an inversion of the 1935-36 uniforms.

speak now, cry later.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

only thing i'd really say NEEDS to be tweaked is the sleeve stripes. i'd like them to go all the way around the sleeve...

the other stuff is just a matter of differing opinions with me, like wanting white numbers on the green jersey, and white outline on the numbers of the gold alternate.

it's a shame the nfl doesn't allow alternate helmets on non-throwback alternates, because i think a green helmet/gold jersey/white pants alternate for this set would be stunning.

your definately on the right track! I like the the heisman logo update and the sleeve stripes, but the home jersey really needs white numbers!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I think it would be cool if the Heisman logo was African-American.

I think it would sort of modernize it, in a nice way.

Has that ever even been tried in sports logos? Would it fly?

What?

How would that "modernize" it?

What do you have against white people and players? Why does skin color matter?

Anyways...back to the real topic...the uniforms:

I like the off-white jerseys, would definitely be unique to the league and have a throwback feel without being a throwback. Except for the sleeve stripes, those away jerseys look GREAT.

The home jerseys need some more white around the numbers I think.

The color scheme looks incredible...great shade of gold and the green works well with it.

My only other thought would be swapping the primary and secondary logos...making the interlocking letters the primary and the Heisman/WI guy as the secondary, for use on patches/sleeves, etc. I think the GB just works better for a primary to be used widespread on their marketing and around the stadium.

I really like the Lambeau Vintage II set, including the helmet. The other alternates, especially the gold jersey don't impress me as much as that one.

Good work!

87Redskins.png

What?

The only current Packer who has a Heisman is Charles Woodson and I don't think it'd be the worst idea for the Packers to have a logo that could be seen as a tribute to one of the greatest defenders to ever suit up for them.

Anyway, my thoughts/critiques:

-Love the switch to old gold... I've been advocating for the Packers to switch to it for a minute.

-Love the modernized Heisman(s), but it's too busy to work on the sleeves. Maybe try the interlocking GB, if anything.

-The home jersey needs white numbers in order to work with the striping on the pants and helmet.

-If the Packers are gonna have any alternate jerseys, at least one has to be blue. Preferably your "Lambeau Classic I" which would probably look better (and be more faithful to the original) if you used more of a Tennessee Titans type of template.

That's all I got for now.

i like the idea, but the player looks very cartoonish. like REALLY cartoonish. id keep the current gold, but either is fine. i dont see the problem with either a white or black guy. i mean when he says "modernize" it kinda makes sense because there are a lot more black players in the NFL now as opposed to originally. here's an idea... maybe alternate. so that each jersey concept on the different logos has either a white or black guy. just a thought.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

What?

It's got nothing to do with liking one race more than another, I just thought it would be a neat idea. Y'know, something different.

In any case, I really like this concept. I'd think of maybe adding a white outline to the numbers on the home jersey, but besides that, I think this concept is pretty great.

thecatch.jpg

Archived