Domestic Soccer 2011

Don

The decision to make a change probably was made right after the Gold Cup. The gap between is the time it took to hire a new coach. USSF already has said they are making an announcement tomorrow so it looks like they had a new coach lined up already.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USSF got the man that they've been (allegedly) chasing for a few years now. Now let's see if the chase was worth it. Can't wait to see what Klinsmann does with the USMNT.

I suspect he's not the panacea many might think he is, but it should certainly be interesting to see where the Klinsi chapter of US Soccer history leads.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If nothing else it Klinsis term at the helm will be interesting.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I thought there was no pity in the rose city.

It's sure a pity for the timbers that they couldn't hang on tonight.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Klinsmann's first roster (vs. Mexico)

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Everton, England), Bill Hamid (DC United).

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne, France), Edgar Castillo (Club America, Mexico), Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg, Germany), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Clarence Goodson (Brondby, Denmark), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis, Mexico), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Maurice Edu (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Jermaine Jones (Schalke, Germany), Brek Shea (Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca, Mexico)

Forwards: Freddy Adu (Benfica, Portugal), Juan Agudelo (New York), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla, Mexico), Edson Buddle (Ingolstadt, Germany), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles).

**With the U.S. traveling to Brussels for a Sept. 6 exhibition against Belgium, Klinsmann left several European-based players off his roster, including Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Couldnt be happier for Bill Hamid. He started off slow coming off shoulder surgery but he has been really good this year.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

If schedules and injuries were not an issue I'd replace Adu, Beasley, and Beckerman with Altidore, Dempsey, and Holden. Try to find room for Bedoya too.

Glad to see Chandler back in the mix.

If schedules and injuries were not an issue I'd replace Adu, Beasley, and Beckerman with Altidore, Dempsey, and Holden. Try to find room for Bedoya too.

First thing that stuck out to me is that Jozy Alitdore isn't on this roster. Shouldn't his hamstring be fine by now?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

First thing that stuck out to me is that Jozy Alitdore isn't on this roster. Shouldn't his hamstring be fine by now?

A few Euro-based players like Altidore and Dempsey were left off intentionally.

Whitecaps on pace for worst MLS season of all time.

When it comes to talking about [the Whitecaps playing for] pride though, I?m not just looking at avoiding being the worst team in MLS this year, I?ve also looked at the League?s history and how we?re shaping up there.

It?s not looking good.

The 2011 Vancouver Whitecaps could be on course to become the worst ever team in MLS history!

Looking back on MLS? previous 15 year history, the lowest number of wins recorded in any season is FOUR - that's twice the total we're sitting on right now with just a dozen games left.

The Caps need 5 wins and/or 20 points to avoid the all-time Wooden Spoon. I knew they'd have a rough go of it this year (even though the opening month of the season had me thinking otherwise for these guys), but WOW. Been a rough year for the Blue-&-White corner of Cascadia.

Whitecaps on pace for worst MLS season of all time.

When it comes to talking about [the Whitecaps playing for] pride though, I’m not just looking at avoiding being the worst team in MLS this year, I’ve also looked at the League’s history and how we’re shaping up there.

It’s not looking good.

The 2011 Vancouver Whitecaps could be on course to become the worst ever team in MLS history!

Looking back on MLS’ previous 15 year history, the lowest number of wins recorded in any season is FOUR - that's twice the total we're sitting on right now with just a dozen games left.

The Caps need 5 wins and/or 20 points to avoid the all-time Wooden Spoon. I knew they'd have a rough go of it this year (even though the opening month of the season had me thinking otherwise for these guys), but WOW. Been a rough year for the Blue-&-White corner of Cascadia.

Despite only managing two wins and eleven draws so far, the Caps have been far mroe competitive as opposed previous expansion clubs. However, they are no where near as bad as either the 2001 Tampa Bay Mutiny or 2005 CD Chivas USA.

That's the mystifying thing: They've been competitive in almost every game (except for that debacle vs. the Galaxy), yet here they are. This isn't a terrible team, but they've just had an awful run of luck all season & most of their Ls came to just 1 mistake that results in an opposing goal. Of course, the mistake is normally catastrophic & reminds you that this is an expansion team, but it's just shocking that they're currently on pace to be as bad as those TURRIBLE clubs (at least on paper).

GK Bill Hamid was given a red card for tackling a TFC attacker outside the box in the sixth minute. GK Steve Cronin has replaced Hamid and DCU will play the rest of the match with 10 men on the pitch.

This game has been nothing short of a cluster:censored:. TFC found a way to score even with horrible defending and still the defenders managed to cost TFC 3 points.

Andy Iro has been complete :censored: and frankly doesn't deserve to play for my rec team with this effort.

All I can say is: Dero better play this well in the World Cup qualifying this fall.

GK Bill Hamid was given a red card for tackling a TFC attacker outside the box in the sixth minute. GK Steve Cronin has replaced Hamid and DCU will play the rest of the match with 10 men on the pitch.

This game has been nothing short of a cluster:censored:. TFC found a way to score even with horrible defending and still the defenders managed to cost TFC 3 points.

Andy Iro has been complete :censored: and frankly doesn't deserve to play for my rec team with this effort.

All I can say is: Dero better play this well in the World Cup qualifying this fall.

This was quite the :censored:ty match and the epitome of atrocious refereeing this season. I'm dumbfounded that DCU didn't walk away with three points either.

Archived