Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

I think the Spanos' purposely mess with the CHARGERS fans on those

What? Chargers fans love the current powder blues overall. Hell, it's sad that I'm saying this, but bringing powder blue back as a full-time color is one of the best moves the Spanoses (Spanii?) have made in recent memory.

You misunderstand my point, and the powder blue are alternate, their full-time jerseys colors are navy blue.

CHARGER fans have long wanted the power blue 'throwback' to return fulltime as the regular uniform. They had been the alternate. The 60s version they wanted.

Then in 2007 when they changed their uniforms and helmet back to white, they tweaked the powder blue throwback, and it was now an alternate that underwent a facelift. The fonts on the the jersey numbers, removed the numbers from the side of the helmets, no more white helmet w/ the gray face-mask, changing the lightning bolt from 60s style.. etc etc ....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I understand completely what you're saying. Fans like the current powder-blue alternate, custom font and all, and I think I would know that being a Chargers fan myself. I praised the Spanoses for adding powder blue back into the color scheme permanently (as in, not relegated to throwbacks).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well it didn't seem right to decide to criticize a guy for a dissenting opinion (which wasn't worded that badly that it should have stirred up any trouble) but then deviate from said opinion and get in to tenure and font choice. With all due respect, I feel that you made more of this than it needed to be.

It just seems wrong to jump on someone for providing us with a leak. I mean we don't these much anymore (I could swear the number of high profile leaks was larger prior to the release of the current Anaheim Angels re-brand) and when we do someone takes the person who provided the info to task. It might discourage others who have insider info from sharing, which would be a blow to the community, I think.

The font thing just bugged me. Maybe this wasn't the best place to bring it up, but I didn't mean for it to blow up to the extent that it did.

You really don't get it ... it's amazing. I honestly don't think you thoroughly read the posts today.

We like leaks .... there's nothing wrong with leaks .... the leak had long been made on Madden '12, yet that is not 100% accurate.

This is a very reputable website .... Had Chris Creamer himself not made a blog showing the image that was shown and claimed it to be 'THE' new helmet, this would have never occurred today. His policy had been that he doesn't post on his site anything new until it's been declared 'official' ... Apparently he's bit looser with that policy if it's just one of his blogs, but people don't know that.

If someone on this forum had posted that helmet in chat, it wouldn't have made major headlines throughout the BILLS chat sites. People were concerned that the helmet posted on the blog was gonna be the actual helmet .... because it came not from a poster on here, but my Chris Creamer himself.

Now for the last time ... let's please move on before I decide used CAPITAL LETTERS in Verdana style ;)

No, I understand completely what you're saying. Fans like the current powder-blue alternate, custom font and all, and I think I would know that being a Chargers fan myself. I praised the Spanoses for adding powder blue back into the color scheme permanently (as in, not relegated to throwbacks).

A throwback is still an alternate, is it not?

Whether they're throwback or alternate, you can only wear them twice a year, so whatt changed in '07 was that they tweaked 'em, they're still not primary .... Navy blue remains your primary.

I had visited the SD chat board in 2007, and I remember alot of groaning over the tweaking of the 60s powder blue throwback .... but if you say so .... part of the character of the 60s powder blues was the jersey numbers on the side of the helmets among much more. I've also heard thru NFL apparel that the demand for the 60s power blues far outweighs the tweaked version of 2007.

Again, you're failing to grasp that powder blue was re-added to the color scheme as a whole - it is included in the primary logo, the bolts on the uniform, and in the number outlines on the navy and white jerseys. I was praising the Spanoses for that. Beforehand, there was no powder blue in the logo or everyday uniforms.

Also, opinions have softened after some memorable playoff wins in the powder blues. A lot of people seem to like the current uniform set as a whole anyway.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just got this email from the Bills official site: Friday June 24 it is.

Uniform-Launch-Event-Special.jpg

Just like the Sabres posted subtle hints about the uniform during emails and splash pages on the team's website before the launch, I think that the background picture will be the what is on the center stripe of the new white helmet.

Great call (according to today's helmet picture)!

The only problem I have with the helmet is like a couple others have said...there's no Riddell bumper, and the clips to screw the mask to the helmet are completely different than what any major helmet manufacturer uses.

The smaller logo decal is always used by Riddell on "replica" helmets, so I'm not worried about the decal size in this Bills picture.

-----------

By the way, in trying to find daschuck's post, it's pretty apparent that we've talked about the history of every NFL team's uniform in this thread.

I'm just excited for the 24th. We all know an upgrade is coming and it was nice to hear Bills RB Fred Jackson say in a radio interview on WEDG that the soon to be replaced uniforms were often the subject of negative discussion in the Bills locker room and they felt they had the "ugliest" uniforms in the league. He is very much looking forward to playing in the new uniforms and that few should expect to be disappointed.

http://www.wedg.com/Article.asp?id=2214175&spid=22412

Just got this email from the Bills official site: Friday June 24 it is.

Uniform-Launch-Event-Special.jpg

Just like the Sabres posted subtle hints about the uniform during emails and splash pages on the team's website before the launch, I think that the background picture will be the what is on the center stripe of the new white helmet.

Great call (according to today's helmet picture)!

The only problem I have with the helmet is like a couple others have said...there's no Riddell bumper, and the clips to screw the mask to the helmet are completely different than what any major helmet manufacturer uses.

The smaller logo decal is always used by Riddell on "replica" helmets, so I'm not worried about the decal size in this Bills picture.

-----------

By the way, in trying to find daschuck's post, it's pretty apparent that we've talked about the history of every NFL team's uniform in this thread.

I'm just excited for the 24th. We all know an upgrade is coming and it was nice to hear Bills RB Fred Jackson say in a radio interview on WEDG that the soon to be replaced uniforms were often the subject of negative discussion in the Bills locker room and they felt they had the "ugliest" uniforms in the league. He is very much looking forward to playing in the new uniforms and that few should expect to be disappointed.

http://www.wedg.com/Article.asp?id=2214175&spid=22412

Most people will like their new look, but they did go overboard with placing the damn buffalo logo all over the place. It should've remained on the helmet ONLY.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Well it didn't seem right to decide to criticize a guy for a dissenting opinion (which wasn't worded that badly that it should have stirred up any trouble) but then deviate from said opinion and get in to tenure and font choice. With all due respect, I feel that you made more of this than it needed to be.

It just seems wrong to jump on someone for providing us with a leak. I mean we don't these much anymore (I could swear the number of high profile leaks was larger prior to the release of the current Anaheim Angels re-brand) and when we do someone takes the person who provided the info to task. It might discourage others who have insider info from sharing, which would be a blow to the community, I think.

The font thing just bugged me. Maybe this wasn't the best place to bring it up, but I didn't mean for it to blow up to the extent that it did.

Right, we all love leaks - the point is that the leak was known not to be 100% accurate yet was reported as such, which undermines the credibility of what is (along with Uniwatch, which gets some content from here) one of the more (if not the most) credible sources out there. Something like that would have been (strictly opinion here) better titled "mini replica helmet" with notes that it gives an idea of what it will look like without being to spec, or just posted in the thread. It's already been made too big a deal of though, so I'm done.

Also, could the lack of leaks be partially due to the ban on posting leaks?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Right, we all love leaks - the point is that the leak was known not to be 100% accurate yet was reported as such, which undermines the credibility of what is (along with Uniwatch, which gets some content from here) one of the more (if not the most) credible sources out there. Something like that would have been (strictly opinion here) better titled "mini replica helmet" with notes that it gives an idea of what it will look like without being to spec, or just posted in the thread. It's already been made too big a deal of though, so I'm done.

Also, could the lack of leaks be partially due to the ban on posting leaks?

Chris' pic is 99.9% accurate though, but I see your point.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

You really don't get it ... it's amazing. I honestly don't think you thoroughly read the posts today.

Now for the last time ... let's please move on before I decide used CAPITAL LETTERS in Verdana style ;)

I only responded (and thus continued the conversation) because BBTV addressed me.

What? Chargers fans love the current powder blues overall. Hell, it's sad that I'm saying this, but bringing powder blue back as a full-time color is one of the best moves the Spanoses (Spanii?) have made in recent memory.

You misunderstand my point, and the powder blue are alternate, their full-time jerseys colors are navy blue.

CHARGER fans have long wanted the power blue 'throwback' to return fulltime as the regular uniform. They had been the alternate. The 60s version they wanted.

Then in 2007 when they changed their uniforms and helmet back to white, they tweaked the powder blue throwback, and it was now an alternate that underwent a facelift. The fonts on the the jersey numbers, removed the numbers from the side of the helmets, no more white helmet w/ the gray face-mask, changing the lightning bolt from 60s style.. etc etc ....

Exactly. Powder blue alt is the best of the current set but in no way close to the revised throwback they had been wearing prior to the new look. I remember a San Diego Union Tribune poll that had the numbers in the 75% range in favor of using the throwbacks full time. Seems that's always been as long as I can remember. Why Spanos refuses to listen is beyond me. It only makes him more money.

That pic wasn't even close to being 99.9% accurate Johnny .... and I already gave full details as to why it wasn't yesterday.

Today's a new day, so lets move on from that blog that claimed it to be 'THE' New Buffalo Helmet, because it's not.

There's no need to rehash this again today.

Exactly. Powder blue alt is the best of the current set but in no way close to the revised throwback they had been wearing prior to the new look. I remember a San Diego Union Tribune poll that had the numbers in the 75% range in favor of using the throwbacks full time. Seems that's always been as long as I can remember. Why Spanos refuses to listen is beyond me. It only makes him more money.

That's what I told him, yet he thinks and claims as if the other CHARGERS fans look at the 2007 tweaking of the powder blues is the greatest thing to ever come out of San Diego. Yet their fans were grumbling up a storm when they tweaked 'em in 2007. Even the powder blue looks somewhat different from the 60s throwback.

I had long noticed a touch of powder blue was added as part of the outline of the lightning bolt logo, but it's still done on a navy blue primary jersey and the pants, and you pretty much have to use a microscope to even notice it. If you go to a game like I did last season at the Murph, virtually everyone is wearing powder blue, mostly the 60s version throwback, and very few of the 2007 tweaked 'alternate' version of it, and more of their fans were wearing powder blue than they were Navy, it wasn't even close. Vision doesn't lie.

The whole powder blue thing inspired me to do a poll. Kindly see the Polls Only forum to vote.

How about adding another option to the 3rd poll question ..... meaning: Go back to the 60's powder blue fulltime, and use the royal blue/yellow combination from the Fouts/Coryell era as the throwback ? I think you'd find alot of bites on that one.

That pic wasn't even close to being 99.9% accurate Johnny .... and I already gave full details as to why it wasn't yesterday.

Today's a new day, so lets move on from that blog that claimed it to be 'THE' New Buffalo Helmet, because it's not.

There's no need to rehash this again today.

Fine...99.6% accurate :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The whole powder blue thing inspired me to do a poll. Kindly see the Polls Only forum to vote.

How about adding another option to the 3rd poll question ..... meaning: Go back to the 60's powder blue fulltime, and use the royal blue/yellow combination from the Fouts/Coryell era as the throwback ? I think you'd find alot of bites on that one.

I can't alter the poll at this point.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

When I was looking at fan response to the white helmet stuff, I saw this on Buffalo Rumblings, with some of them thinking this is the actual leak. I have no insider information, and am just passing it along. It could be legit, could be someone's approximation, or :censored:, for all I know it could be a concept someone did here. It would be consistent with what we've heard, although I really don't like the look that the striping would be so inconsistent.

5823200564_500e2038d3_o.png

. .

It don't believe that the wordmark font is being changed, just as it's been left in tact during all prior uniform changes, guess we'll 'officially' know next Friday 24th.

BILLS have used the same script-logo since 1974, the year the Leaping Bison was introduced.

The new field-turf also shows it to be the same wordmark/script logo

Archived