New logo for my old high school.

Funkatron101

My former high school currently uses the New England Patriots logo as their official school logo. Like many other high schools in the US that use professional sports logos, I am almost certain that they did not get permission for use. Here is my attempt to give them an updated logo, that still has a familiar theme, but is completely different from what the Patriots use.

cp3.jpg

Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the teams nickname? Just the Patriots?

I really like this a lot. I REALLY like it. Like this should be a Patriots logo. I LIKE THIS A LOT.

It needs a little red. Maybe the collar button and grey on the hat? Add a little more eye detail as well. This is a fantastic logo.

GREAT WORK

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

What is the teams nickname? Just the Patriots?

I really like this a lot. I REALLY like it. Like this should be a Patriots logo. I LIKE THIS A LOT.

It needs a little red. Maybe the collar button and grey on the hat? Add a little more eye detail as well. This is a fantastic logo.

GREAT WORK

Thanks! I don't want to divulge any details about the school yet, until I actually present it to them (is that weird of me?) I will say that this is their current school colors, so I didn't want to deviate from that. If it wasn't for that, and the fact that most high schools have a limited color scheme, I would have incorporated red for sure.

Yeah, I'm a little stuck on detailing the hat. Part of me wants to keep it simple, and the other part looks at it as a blank canvas. In fact overall I am a bit conflicted on the detailing. I kind of like that it isn't full of shadow and highlight detailing. To me it makes it feel like a modernized classic logo.

With that said, I will play around with it more and see if your suggestions bring out the logo more.

I can see where you're coming from on the detailing in the hat. But there is detailing in the rest of the logo, so it feels like the hat was simply rushed or forgotten about.

Also, I feel like the line going from the nose to the corner of the mouth should be thinner and should taper a bit as it goes toward the mouth, and the big blue blob on his chin is wholly unnecessary, unless Revolutionary soldiers had soul patches. I agree too that he needs some detail in the eye.

lol, harsh! :lol:

No, no, that wasn't my intention, just an observation, that's all, lol.

UniJ

Well, I don't see that at all. As for the logo, the hat really needs some work. Perhaps, you can add some silver shadows to the face and/or white highlights to the hair.

Very good logo, regardless.

Can you give me specifics on the hat? I did have trouble trying to find a dynamic shape, looking at profile shots of tricorn hats didn't provide much help as they looked different each time. Many of them just kind of looked like a folded mess.

I'll consider the shading and highlights, but I really didn't want to make it too detailed and stylized. I was aiming for a modernized classic look.

Overall, a very solid logo. The hat could use something else, maybe a letter or something.

As far as the lines on the face, I agree regarding the line from the nose to mouth, thin it out and maybe detach it from the mouth. As far as the "soul patch" or shadow under the lip, I understand what it's there for, but maybe it needs to be smaller.

gYH2mW9.png

Streamlined the features, removed the cheek line all together to give a more youthful appearance, made the "soul patch" blob smaller, added an eye. Still need to figure out what to do with the hat.

cp3-2.jpg

Now THAT is a Patriot logo. Nice work.

UniJ

Love the logo, nice clean simple lines. Something about the hat seems off, its just a little plain while the rest is so dynamic. Great work.

Yeah, it's the next thing I need to tackle. I'm not sure if it's just going to be a piece of "flare" so to speak, or some sort of shading to give it depth. The flare is easy, the shading, not so much. I'm concerned that it will look forced.

I don't know if I agree about the eye. I think the original shadow eye was too vague. I do thank that maybe the new eye is maybe too detailed and could maybe be simplified, perhaps removing the pupil and having just the iris. Or just leaving it alone, but I definitly would not go back to just the shadow.

Archived