New logo for my old high school.

Funkatron101

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another update. Thickened the lines, changed the hat yet again, added a star.

cp3-new-hat3-1.jpg

Now that's more like it! MASSIVE improvement!

The hat is so much better now, not only is it more accurate it's also a much more dynamic shape. This is really coming on, there are still a few small bits I'd like to see bulked up, the detail in the pony tail being one, I'd also like to see the line thickness vary slightly. I dunno how you've created your artwork but it's easy enough to do if you've created the dark blue in the whole logo as a big silhouette. You just select all the other colours and nudge them say up and to the right by a small amount and it will vary the line thickness and give the impression of highlights and shadows.

If I was feeling really harsh I might dare you just for the sake of seeing how it'll look, to just push all the line thicknesses ever so slightly further to see if you can get even more impact with this. It might work it might not but I feel sometimes (provided you've saved a copy of the current version somewhere safe and dont destroy it) that it's worthwhile to push things to far deliberately then work back til you get something you feel happy with. As that way you might find, I know I do sometimes, that I end up with results that are pushed further than if I just built on what I've done previously. I find I kinda chicken out sometimes building up the way, but working back the way from something that clearly doesn't work I'll find a version I'm happy with that would be far beyond my comfort zone going the other way, if that makes sense. But whether you want or have time to do that (I dont know what you're deadlines are like on this project) is up to you, either way the improvement over the previous iteration is incredible, well done.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks guys..

I'm glad you questioned the hat, 9erssteve. I had thought about using this shape before, but I felt it disrupted the lines I was aiming for (The hat flowing into the ponytail) so I was reluctant. I liked the flow of the previous shape, but couldn't find a good way to give it depth. So it was either this, or more of a "banana" shape, for lack of a better descriptor, and quite frankly, that looked stupid.

I did have thicker lines than this, then scaled it back. I think if my design was more blocky than it would have worked better to have thicker lines. I may thicken the outer white stroke a little. As far as varying the thickness, I'll try a few more spots to see if works, but I don't want to overdo it.

I'm going to add some small highlights to the top of the hat where the brim intersects with the top, to further define that area. Thicken the ponytail detail and adjust the star. I think after that I'll move on to the wordmark.

Thanks again everyone.

Another update. Logoman sent me some suggestions. One of them was swapping the silver and white (Although I think his silver was lighter). Other things: adjusted the star, added an earlobe, added another hair accent (doesn't seem right to me for some reason, but I think something needs to be there), added small accent to define the brim of the hat more, and made the ponytail accent wider.

cp-FINAL.jpg

I'm late to this thread but I really really like this. Now that you've switched the hair and skin colors, I can't decide which I like better.

As I looked at the logo early on I kept thinking you should have something on the hat. My initial thought was school initials. I like the star you have but I would be interested to see the school initials about the same size as the star maybe a bit bigger.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Sorry for the frequent revisions. I wasn't happy with the hair, so I fixed it, and lightened the silver. I think it makes the composition a little easier on the eyes. My one concern is if they use silver helmets, which I'm guessing will be darker than what I have here. I will have that issue with the blue as well, depending on the material source.

cp-FINAL2.jpg

I like the white skin and grey hair better.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Definitely the one on the right.

The option on the left looks like George Hamilton.

77749_video-784262-access-extended-george-hamilton-on-the-record.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived