If there was ONE NFL team that could use this color scheme... what would it be?

DeFrank

I think if it would work, it would have to be the Cardinals, but with NO green. The sand replacing the white, and maybe changing up the helmet to red. The green does just make it lok like Christmas, which becomes a problem. Maybe green in the logo, but not the uniforms?

I think the black in the Cardinals uniforms is minimal enough that it could be changed to green without looking like Christmas. It would also have the benefit of making it so they don't look like pro bowl uniforms, which is the only gripe (albeit, a minor one) I have with the Cardinals set.

I would agree that the black is minimal enough for the Cardinals that changing it to green wouldn't make a big difference, either. I'd maybe darken the green further and keep the yellow-gold, as that could give a Southwestern/Arizona look.

Though OT, I think that a red/green/yellow team could look pretty good, while the only team to try it that I can think of were the mid-late 1990s Sonics (though I didn't like their logo).

I always thought the Barcelona Dragons had a criminally underrated identity:

pset91wl-ji-bell.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I really like the Cards and Packers.

With the Cards, I feel like green might be too much in that logo, but it would be minimal in the jerseys. The Packers also work well...

I feel like with BOTH it needs to be a brighter gold and a darker green. The cards could work with just red/sand/black and the same with the packers for green/sand/white

and the cards could use white as well....

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I think the Seahawks came out very nice. Looks very foresty and/or like it's on a totem pole.

right well this whole idea was done as a way for me to get some ideas for the "DeFrank's NFL Redesign" page where I post concepts (signature). I have already done the Seahawks, blending old and new looks, and although I am doing an extensive overhaul of my original concept, I love their color scheme and I love the concept I was able to come up with even more. So yea. But I agree it does look good.

potd 10/20/12

I think I'd keep the helmets white to keep them distinguished from the Niners, but its your series, so obviously its up to you.

thats a very good point, but at the same time i think the white helets look lame... ah well. maybe red? we will see.

potd 10/20/12

I think if it would work, it would have to be the Cardinals, but with NO green. The sand replacing the white, and maybe changing up the helmet to red. The green does just make it lok like Christmas, which becomes a problem. Maybe green in the logo, but not the uniforms?

I think the black in the Cardinals uniforms is minimal enough that it could be changed to green without looking like Christmas. It would also have the benefit of making it so they don't look like pro bowl uniforms, which is the only gripe (albeit, a minor one) I have with the Cardinals set.

I would agree that the black is minimal enough for the Cardinals that changing it to green wouldn't make a big difference, either. I'd maybe darken the green further and keep the yellow-gold, as that could give a Southwestern/Arizona look.

Though OT, I think that a red/green/yellow team could look pretty good, while the only team to try it that I can think of were the mid-late 1990s Sonics (though I didn't like their logo).

I always thought the Barcelona Dragons had a criminally underrated identity:

pset91wl-ji-bell.jpg

Same here. I was also partial to the Frankfurt Galaxy, Hamburg Sea Devils, and Cologne Centurions as well.

Archived