If there was ONE NFL team that could use this color scheme... what would it be?

DeFrank

I think if it would work, it would have to be the Cardinals, but with NO green. The sand replacing the white, and maybe changing up the helmet to red. The green does just make it lok like Christmas, which becomes a problem. Maybe green in the logo, but not the uniforms?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if it would work, it would have to be the Cardinals, but with NO green. The sand replacing the white, and maybe changing up the helmet to red. The green does just make it lok like Christmas, which becomes a problem. Maybe green in the logo, but not the uniforms?

I think the black in the Cardinals uniforms is minimal enough that it could be changed to green without looking like Christmas. It would also have the benefit of making it so they don't look like pro bowl uniforms, which is the only gripe (albeit, a minor one) I have with the Cardinals set.

I've always felt that the Jags were missing out on an Aztec angle with their branding. The Aztecs had Jaguar Knights and Warriors, and the animal itself was sacred, even being used to represent the god Tezcatlipoca. Moving to California and adopting this color scheme would be a great move I think.

I'm coming to this late, but you've spoken words that have been in my mind ever since the Jags were rumored as a possible candidate for LA's next football team. You've made my month.

Not bad, but from the looks of it, the Green Bay Packers definitely look the best out of all those recolored logos.

Back in the early '90s, I saw a dark green, metallic gold and dark red Packers hat for sale with, I think, the GBP interlocking logo. (Should have bought it.) Which made me think the Pack was going to add dark red to their colors and change the yellowgold to dark gold, as Ron Wolf had pondered.

The "sand" could be used in place of white for their road jerseys, as was proposed in a concept on this site. I would bet the Packers' white of the '30s and '40s wasn't pristine white due to material and detergent issues.

Packers-2.png

Not bad, but from the looks of it, the Green Bay Packers definitely look the best out of all those recolored logos.

Back in the early '90s, I saw a dark green, metallic gold and dark red Packers hat for sale with, I think, the GBP interlocking logo. (Should have bought it.) Which made me think the Pack was going to add dark red to their colors and change the yellowgold to dark gold, as Ron Wolf had pondered.

The "sand" could be used in place of white for their road jerseys, as was proposed in a concept on this site. I would bet the Packers' white of the '30s and '40s wasn't pristine white due to material and detergent issues.

I can confirm that, because I went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame shortly after Otto Graham died, and they had a featured exhibit of him at the time, with his original Browns jersey nearly washed out beyond recognition. In fact, the brown looked tan, and was a few shades away from matching the white, stitched-on numbers the jersey had. Browns fans here, who have watched the Complete History of the Cleveland Browns will know exactly what I'm talking about.

What he said...

Better than the Broncos, Texans and Jaguars?

Definitely, although the Jaguars recolor is decent, it looks rather faded in those colors.

See... I think the green and red are too similar to work for the Packers. The red outline is too thin for it to work and washes into the rest of the oval.

I think the black in the Cardinals uniforms is minimal enough that it could be changed to green without looking like Christmas. It would also have the benefit of making it so they don't look like pro bowl uniforms, which is the only gripe (albeit, a minor one) I have with the Cardinals set.

I would agree that the black is minimal enough for the Cardinals that changing it to green wouldn't make a big difference, either. I'd maybe darken the green further and keep the yellow-gold, as that could give a Southwestern/Arizona look.

Though OT, I think that a red/green/yellow team could look pretty good, while the only team to try it that I can think of were the mid-late 1990s Sonics (though I didn't like their logo).

Archived