If there was ONE NFL team that could use this color scheme... what would it be?

DeFrank

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a concept with the Wild's scheme that combined all of Minnesota's teams. So you get an idea what the Vikes would look like

Minnesota-City.png

However, I think the Lions would be ripe for this color scheme. Esp. since a real lion is close to that sand color.

So Cards or Jags?? The Cards could work well, but I want to avoid it being "fiesta"ish, and at the same time avoid it being "stanford"ish

The Cardinals look Stanford-ish now... if anything, replacing the black with green would make them look less like Stanford (the only place Standord uses green is on their logo). And the Fiesta colors are turquoise, pink and orange (think the Admiral-era Spurs logo). These are close to the colors on the Mexican flag, but I think that's a positive given the prominence of Mexican and Chicano culture in Arizona. It may even help them poach some of Mexico's NFL fanbase from the Cowboys.

Green Bay is the only NFL team I could see adopting these colors.

1) It's hard for me to pick out any colors that really represent Packers, so why not.

2) It would match them with the Bucks (I know, not the same city, but at least the same state).

3) They already use two of the colors (if you count the yellow. Maybe introduce red as a trim color).

4) The UWGB colors.

Of course it would only work if the fanbase accepted it, and given the history of the team I doubt many Pack fans are up for a color change.

EDIT: Just saw that you wanted no yellow. Anyway, take my post FWIW.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

How does this variation of green work with the Cardinals identity?...they're not the trees, or the saguaros/cacti, or anything green...

I know plenty of sports franchise's colors don't make sense with their identity, but I'm a traditionalist and if a team has had certain colors for a long time...don't mess with them.

I honestly don't see these colors working for any current NFL team. I think they would only work for an expansion franchise or re-branded team, so potentially which ever team moves to LA could use these colors with a new identity.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

the bucs does work well, but I think we've found that a great color scheme just doesn't fit perfectly with any team, but this has been a good discussion!!I mean, if you have an epiphany and see something and share it, why not hah

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Полностью с Вами согласна, примерно неделю назад написала про этоже в своем блоге!

You know at first glance this idea seems stupid but after you give it some thought it's really not bad.

BB52Big.jpg

How does this variation of green work with the Cardinals identity?...they're not the trees, or the saguaros/cacti, or anything green...

I know plenty of sports franchise's colors don't make sense with their identity, but I'm a traditionalist and if a team has had certain colors for a long time...don't mess with them.

I honestly don't see these colors working for any current NFL team. I think they would only work for an expansion franchise or re-branded team, so potentially which ever team moves to LA could use these colors with a new identity.

As a trim color, not a primary, that's relevant to their identity. You're aware I'm sure that trees are a big part of a cardinal's life? :grin:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

As a trim color, not a primary, that's relevant to their identity. You're aware I'm sure that trees are a big part of a cardinal's life? :grin:

Anytime red and green are together I think Christmas, so I'm not a fan of the two on a uniform together.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The Lions could work, and although I also hate the Vikings purple, I'm not going to upset millions of rabid Minnesotans. The Cards and Lions are two good options, but I think the Cards works better.

Millions of rabid Minnesotans will be upset enough when the Vikings move to L.A. after next season.

But given the paucity of Vikings in L.A. (similar to the lack of lakes in L.A.), I'd suggest these colors replace the Vikings name and identity when they move to El Lay.

Packers-2.png

Green Bay is the only NFL team I could see adopting these colors.

1) It's hard for me to pick out any colors that really represent Packers, so why not.

2) It would match them with the Bucks (I know, not the same city, but at least the same state).

3) They already use two of the colors (if you count the yellow. Maybe introduce red as a trim color).

4) The UWGB colors.

Of course it would only work if the fanbase accepted it, and given the history of the team I doubt many Pack fans are up for a color change.

EDIT: Just saw that you wanted no yellow. Anyway, take my post FWIW.

Green and ?gold? and ?Johnny Blood? Red. (And meat is red in its precooked state.)

Packers-2.png

Archived