If there was ONE NFL team that could use this color scheme... what would it be?

DeFrank

I love the Minnesota Wild identity, besides their multitude of scripts, and I thought, if there was an NFL team that could pull off green, burnt red, and sand, who would it be? Also, try imagining NO yellow in these and instead, the sand color.

Just want to get your feedback and here are some pics.

Minnesota_Wild_2009_Third_Jersey.jpg

xc-07.jpg

MinnesotaWildLogo.gif

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...these colors:

MinnesotaWild_AUC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

My only thought would be the Bills; mostly because of the idea that they'd be better off with a whole new identity, rather than a re-hashing of their current logo and dated throwback unis. But that's just my opinion.

Add some more blue into that green, bringing closer to teal...and you've got a perfect scheme for the Jaguars, in the event they relocate from Jacksonville.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Add some more blue into that green, bringing closer to teal...and you've got a perfect scheme for the Jaguars, in the event they relocate from Jacksonville.

They wouldn't even have to wait until then. What kind of goofy-ass Pantone names would you give the colors? I suggest "deep jungle green," "blood red," and "cat coat."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've always felt that the Jags were missing out on an Aztec angle with their branding. The Aztecs had Jaguar Knights and Warriors, and the animal itself was sacred, even being used to represent the god Tezcatlipoca. Moving to California and adopting this color scheme would be a great move I think.

I've always felt that the Jags were missing out on an Aztec angle with their branding. The Aztecs had Jaguar Knights and Warriors, and the animal itself was sacred, even being used to represent the god Tezcatlipoca. Moving to California and adopting this color scheme would be a great move I think.

First, I'll say it's great to see you stop in here for the occasional cameo. Second...good to see I ain't the only one who's been thinking that.

Vikings

I don't care how long that purple and gold scheme has been around, it looks awful. Besides the first thing that pops into my mind when I think "Minnesota Sports" is Green.

Funny...the first thing that comes to my mind period when I think Minnesota is, in fact, the color purple.

(Thanks in no small part to Prince and Purple Rain--oh, and the Vikings.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Given the southwestern-y feel of these colors, my vote would to go the Cardinals. The uniforms could stay exactly the same, except the green replaces the black and the pants go from white to wheat.

Existing team-- not so much.

Relocated or expansion team: Portland, OR. As a sophomore in high school I once designed a logo/uni set for the "Portland Lumberjacks" which had a very similar color scheme-- pine green, brick red, and a mustardy yellow. I think the sand color you suggest works better than the yellow.

By the way, the helmet logo was heavily inspired by Pat the Patriot; a line drawing (in the three colors) of a lumberjack rushing with (as opposed to lining up to hike) a football...

It is what it is.

Given the southwestern-y feel of these colors, my vote would to go the Cardinals. The uniforms could stay exactly the same, except the green replaces the black and the pants go from white to wheat.

No, no, no, no, no, NO!!!!

:cursing::shocked:

(Whew. I feel better.)

In regards to the Packers, isn't it ironic that the local university in Green Bay uses these colors for their athletic teams:

WisconsinUOf-GreenBay_ATH_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

No, no, no, no, no, NO!!!!

:cursing::shocked:

(Whew. I feel better.)

In regards to the Packers, isn't it ironic that the local university in Green Bay uses these colors for their athletic teams:

WisconsinUOf-GreenBay_ATH_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

It's actually not that much of a coincidence. Their original colors were cardinal and white (to go along with their original nickname of the Bay Badgers). But when the UW system mergerd with the Wisconsin State system in 1971 (thereby idiotically-in-hindsight creating 13 UW's), they decided to downplay their connections to UW-Madison by adopting the Phoenix as a mascot and mixing the cardinal red with forest green... and it should be fairly obvious why a school in Green Bay chose that color.

And my idea for the Cardinals is good, dammit! :P Hopefully someone with photoshop skills would be so kind to mock it up.

Archived