Greatest Stadium Chant

Brass

One of the funniest chants I heard came at the Hockey East Championships a few years ago. I was sitting in front of a group of UNH students, and her'e how it went...

"GIVE ME AN E!.......E!

GIVE ME AN X!.......X!

GIVE ME AN L!.......L!

GIVE ME AN A!.......A!

GIVE ME AN X!.......X!

GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!"

I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the period.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats awesome, jp

I also like, upon a bad call.. the:

Nuts and Bolts!

Nuts and Bolts!

We ...Got ...Screwed!

Nuts and Bolts!

Nuts and Bolts!

We ...Got ...Screwed!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

What is the greatest stadium chant in any sport? My fav's are:

"Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!" -Montreal Canadiens

"Let's go Whalers" - Hartford Whalers (C'mon, I'm still a die-hard fan)

What's yours?

In the old NHL days, whenever the Jets played the Oilers, without fail, 3 or four times a period, the barn would erupt with chants of "Waaaaaayyyyyyyyynnn-ERRRRRRRRR!" whenever Gretzky touched the puck. PLus the good ol' "Gretz-Kee SUCKS!" during playoff time.

Also not much of a chant, but wayyy back when, every time the Jets played the North Stars, one guy would yell with every shot the Jets took, "MELOCHES YOU SIEVE!!!" at Gilles Meloches.

Good times.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I went to a Texas A&M football game and was sitting in front of their "Yell Leaders". It's an all male ensemble dressed to the 9's in white. I could only make out bits and pieces of their "yells". The one I could understand was "let's beat the hell out of Louisiana Tech", which they kept repeating. I guess they reserve that cheer for teams they pad their schedule with.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

when the University of Michigan scores a goal:

After a rousing chorus of "The Victors," pumping your fist on each "Hail"...

Indicate the number of goals with your fingers

(if between 10-15 goals, use your right hand for the tens digit, and the left to indicate the ones digit. If more than 15, hey, you're on your own!)

For example, let's say Michigan has just scored its third goal of the evening, you wait for the band to say "Goal count, ready?" then follow with "One, two, three; we want mooooore goals!" Then point tauntingly at the opposing goalie and yell "sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve -- it's all your fault, it's all your fault, it's all your fault!"

My favorite chant is at Thrashers games... all the fans get a free taco from Taco Bell if they score 5 or more goals. When it gets close you hear:

We want Tacos! (clap clap - clap clap clap)

To the "tune" of "Let's got Thrashers!"

My favorite chant is at Thrashers games... all the fans get a free taco from Taco Bell if they score 5 or more goals. When it gets close you hear:

To the "tune" of "Let's got Thrashers!"

You just reminded me of the Raptors when they try to score 100 points.

Piz-za! Piz-za! (In the tune of De-Fense!)

I saw, I came, I left.

almost forgot: "Dar-ryl, Dar-ryl, Dar-ryl,"

12.jpg

Homer: You're Darryl Strawberry?

Darryl: Yes

Homer: You play right field?

Darryl: Yes

Homer: I play right field too, so, are you better than me?

Darryl: Well, I've never met you, but... yes.

43-25742.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

J!!!

E!!!

T!!!

S!!!

JETS!!!

JETS!!!

JETS!!!

And a few words about Towel Man. He gets absolutely nothing from the Blues except attention, jumbotron time, and the bell that rings after every arm pump. His tickets and towels are paid for by a sponsor. It used to be Magna Bank before they were bought by Union Planters. I don't know if UPB is still his sponsor or someone else. The towels bear the name of the sponsor, or at least they used to.

"YANKEES SUCK!"

No matter the professional sporting event (or even some concerts), once the chant is started is is amazing to hear it spread among the fans. Biggest crowd I heard chanting it was at the Patriots 2002 Super Bowl rally (yes, wrong sport, but it unites the Boston crowd).

As long as it's a Boston sporting event, the chant comes up. And whether or not you hate the Yankees, it's still pretty powerful to hear 30,000+ (at Fenway) or 50,000+ (Gillette Stadium) people in unison with the same chant.

I have attended some Sox-Yankees games in New York, where both times the crowd was over 55,000. There are plenty of Yankees fans who hate the Red Sox, but the crowd seems very apathetic at times there. They cheer for the home team, but not much else. You can hear more pro-Red Sox chants than anti-Red Sox chants there.

Jp, ever rode the T from Fenway to Riverside after a game? Damn. I rode that one day after they played the Mariners last year on August 28th and they were chanting "Yankees Suck!!!" the whole way. I'm saying to myself, "I thought we played the Mariners", but that's you Red Sox fans, dedicated, and always know that the Yankees suck.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah... GO!... PACK!... GO!

(some guitar riff people who've never been to Lambeau wouldn't be familliar with)

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

wasn't that for the NO Saints? "Who-Dat?"

i'm pretty sure it was the saints

Who Dat was the Saints and Who Dey was the Bengals. Both around 1987.

Continental Airlines Arena:

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun-Dun...

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun-Dun......

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun-Dun.........

Dun-Dun-Dun... RANGERS SUCK!!!

Yes! That would be like the Red Wings suck one they hava eor had at Avalanche games.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, I think it is sad that Boston fans chant Yankees sick at everything. If they are playing the Yankees fine, but it makes no sense at something else (like a championship parade).

Also, A major Reason why you don't hear alot Red Sox Suck at a Yankee-Red Sox game in New York is becuase a majority of Yankee fans don't hate the Red Sox, It's the majority of Red Sox fans that hate the Yankees. The hatred in the "rivalry" is mostly one sided because all of the big victories are from the other side.

Archived