Greatest Stadium Chant

Brass

What is the greatest stadium chant in any sport? My fav's are:

"Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!" -Montreal Canadiens

"Let's go Whalers" - Hartford Whalers (C'mon, I'm still a die-hard fan)

What's yours?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blues have a great tradition of having our season ticket holders doing a couple of cool things.

One of them is "Towel Man". He has a bunch of Blues towels (probably supplied by the Blues) and after each goal a bell rings, and he pumps the towel simultaniously with fan chants of the number of goals. Then he throws the towel.

The other is "Horn Guy", and he has a long blue horn that he blows into three times (toot! toot! toot!) and then the fans go to his pace, "Lets! Go! Blues!"

To understand the other chant Horn Guy leads, your gonna have to get some history here. During the Blues 35th Season a couple of years ago, Taco Bell did a 5 for 35 deal. Five Blues goals meant 35 cent Tacos the next day at Taco Bell. They've kept that deal going still.

So, when the Blues get 4 goals, Horn Guy blows into his horn four teams (toot! toot! to-toot!), and fans chant "We! Want! Ta-cos!" I'd say that's the best chant, lol. I'll beat the other players think we're nuts.

Side story about those guys. They sit in section 314, which is one of the most upper sections. I happened to have tickets to an important game late in the season vs. EDM this past season. We won 1-0. It was a great game. It was the best atomesphere I've ever been in at a Blues game, and it's ALWAYS good. It was really cool sitting in that section.

Towel Guy RULES! I have his autograph on my Vipers jersey from 1995. =)

He's been doing that since the early 90s, it's great.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The MetroStars supporters have some cool chants, but my fave is the following :

DC United went

to Rome to see the Pope,

to Rome to see the Pope,

to Rome to see the Pope,

DC United went

to Rome to see the Pope,

And this is what he said,

Who the f***?s DC United?

Who the f***?s DC United?

Who the f***?s DC United?"

The Metro marches on, oi, oi, oi!

1zqy8ok.gif

one San Francisco Giants bleacher fan chant that started at Candlestick that has since carried over to PacBell/SBC Park:

one guy (usually some drunk guy with a big gut) starts by saying:

"What do you think of [insert opposing teams left fielders name here]?"

then everyone in the bleachers shouts in unison:

HE'S A BUM!!

then there is section 209 at HP Pavilion

same idea, but it goes like this:

"Hey, [insert opposing team here]!"

"YOU SUCK!"

"Hey, [insert player or coach on opposing team]!"

"YOU SUCK!"

"Hey, [insert opposing team here] fans!"

"YOU REALLY SUCK!"

"YANKEES SUCK!"

No matter the professional sporting event (or even some concerts), once the chant is started is is amazing to hear it spread among the fans. Biggest crowd I heard chanting it was at the Patriots 2002 Super Bowl rally (yes, wrong sport, but it unites the Boston crowd).

As long as it's a Boston sporting event, the chant comes up. And whether or not you hate the Yankees, it's still pretty powerful to hear 30,000+ (at Fenway) or 50,000+ (Gillette Stadium) people in unison with the same chant.

I have attended some Sox-Yankees games in New York, where both times the crowd was over 55,000. There are plenty of Yankees fans who hate the Red Sox, but the crowd seems very apathetic at times there. They cheer for the home team, but not much else. You can hear more pro-Red Sox chants than anti-Red Sox chants there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've only been to a handful of stadiums in my life

Lambeau, County Stadium, Miller Park, Bradley Center, Mecca , United Center, and the BallPark at Arlington.

We've done "The Bears Still Suck" at Lambeau and that is fun. In the conference finals with the Bucks/Sixers everyone chanted MVP whenever Ray Allen touched the ball and various "baby" and "pu$$y" whenever Iverson touched it.

Although it doesnt count as a chant, the entire Blackhawk experience at UC is electric. Fans cheer everloudening during the anthem til eventually you cant hear the singing...and then periodically the three drummer/tom tom guys show up at random entrances pounding with this wicked beat faster and faster and people start stomping to it..........Not a Hawks fan per say, but I'd go to a game there anytime.

Oh, and my fav of all time. My HS...tiny gym, max cap 2000 if that. And we had a carpeted basketball court.......a 70s experiment of some sort. When the opponents took a digger, the whole crowd erupted with chants of "RUUUUUUG BURN!"

it ruled.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I've heard that chant more at Fenway than at Yankee Stadium. I barely heard it from the bleachers at YS, but the Yankees fans at Fenway are louder with "1918" than those in the Bronx.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

carpeted court? what?

anyways, if you sit in the student section at UND Sioux hockey games, there are some pretty good stuff there, like during when they announce the players at the beginning of the game, after every opposing player they chant, 'who's he, he sucks :censored:." You know, stuff like that.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

carpeted court? what?

anyways, if you sit in the student section at UND Sioux hockey games, there are some pretty good stuff there, like during when they announce the players at the beginning of the game, after every opposing player they chant, 'who's he, he sucks :censored:." You know, stuff like that.

ahhh ... memories.

carpeted court? what?

Yeah.........carpeted. I don't know what kind of carpet you'd call it. Back home we'd call it "kitchen carpeting" but lots of times that doesn't help folks understand. It wasn't shag. It wasn't indoor/outdoor like on decks. Its short, high traffic carpeting that was in vogue for about a week in the 70's. It was durable and often used instead of hardwood, ceramic or linoleum flooring..........even in kitchens and bathrooms. Best comparison I can give you now, is that of hotel or office building carpeting.....built to last, not look good.

My school was (as far as I know) the only school east of the Mississippi to buy into the idea. They figured, rather than weekly mopping/dusting/waxing of an actual old hardwood court, why not shampoo and vacuum once a year? That way, graduations, plays, dances, were all on more comfortable surfaces for double duty too. EDIT*** I almost forgot the best part. We had a little carpet vacuum zamboni......for the more frequent maintenance. Awesome.

I for one, loved it. The foam padding layer deadened any spring for jumping and I'm convinced it made us work all the harder. We were terrors on the road as every other court felt like a trampolene and opposing teams were weirded out as to how to dribble on it. I'm also convinced that's the reason I could dunk by senior year too, was from practicing against that infernal floor.

Truth is, it was more even and had less dead spots than most real courts. One drawback was that the "game" balls that were always brand new, got super static-y and then slick when the game began cause of the carpeting. Since I've gone, the floor and gym has been replaced, but I've attached a pic here to prove it. I must really love you guys, cause this is beyond embarrassing. There's me; pale, mulleted, wearing my Air Force IIIs........(GOd I loved those shoes) and decked out in my knee brace and wrist band just like a tiny MJ ('cept I had the plum smuggler shorts on) putting the trap on some Almond high dufus. Check out their unis by the way.........Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Way to go #50....lookin good.

enjoy.

court.jpg

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Nothing beats the UWM students, dare I say the Cameron Crazies of the midwest.

I was on the club football team this past fall (I've since teansferred back to the juco out here) and I remember some of the stuff they were chanting when we played Marquette.

"Gimme an O... Gimme a R... Gimme a G... Gimme a Y... what's that spell? ORGY! What's that mean? TEAMWORK!"

Then there's: "Gimme a C... Gimme a O... Gimme a N... Gimme a D... Gimme a O... Gimme a M... what's that spell? CONDOM! What's that mean? DEFENSE!"

And my personal favorite (being a wideout): "Gimme an S... Gimme a E... Gimme a X... what's that spell? SEX! What's that mean? SCORE SCORE SCORE!!!"

But they really jump off during b-ball games. There was one time when we were playing UIC and Cedric Banks got bowed in the nose and had to come out of the game when he was bleeding. The students were chanting "BLOOD BANKS... BLOOD BANKS... BLOOD BANKS"

Hey, I'm 23, I can still go for that lowbrow college crap...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I played a basketball game on Carpeting. Wasn't that bad. The thing was... we were playing in a church with a gym above the main area for some reason. That felt kinda wierd.

My favorite chant is "Let's Go Nuggets"... just because until this season, it had been 9 years until anyone had actually said it. :D

At Avalanche games, in the past, they used to do a "Red Wings Suck" thing every game... not sure if they still do.

At Broncos games... after every opponents incomplete pass... the fans chant "IN---COM---PLEEEEETE" followed by the little noise of failure.

IUe6Hvh.png

Continental Airlines Arena:

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun-Dun...

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun-Dun......

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun-Dun.........

Dun-Dun-Dun... RANGERS SUCK!!!

and of course...

J-E-T-S JETS-JETS-JETS!!!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I once played on a gym with a carpet floor (in the sixth grade). It was unique to say the least. There were no basketball nets, but we did play tennis, dodgeball and even cricket on that surface.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived