Utah Jazz baseball crossover

knnhrvy16

Hey guys!

I'm a pretty big fan of sport-to-sport crossovers, but I've never really given it a try. I thought I'd take a shot at it now, with my hometown Jazz. I've always had a thought of what a Jazz baseball team could look like, and I figured I should go ahead and try it out.

The uniform is based, of course, on the team's current identity (I'm toying with the idea of a full set of throwbacks though, to depict the past uniforms). I've designed a home, road, alternate (used for home and away), sunday alternate (based on 80's green uniforms), and a BP/Spring Training. I didn't put a sleeve patch on the jerseys, because I figure the only one that would make sense would be the musical note, and appearing three times on a uniform, I think, would be a bit too much. Not much else to explain here, and here they are!:

Home and Road

UtahJazzbaseballhomeandaway.png

Home/Road Alternate and Sunday Alternate

UtahJazzbaseballaltandsunday.png

BP/Spring Training

UtahJazzbaseballBPSpringTraining.png

P.S: I don't know if I want to make a series out of this, I very well may. But please, NO requests. If I do a series, and that's a big IF, I'll likely just go in alphabetical order (NBA) from here on out. So again, NO requests please.

Thanks for viewing, C&C appreciated as always!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Thanks YesSir! Much appreciated!

AnythingChicago - Yeah I knew I'd be reaching when I made the throwback sunday alternate haha. With the use of the green throwback last year, I just figured it'd be the right uniform to throwback to, but I wanted to be realistic about it - back then, the home uniform had purple, gold, and green instead of just green and gold, and so if I were to use white pants for the throwback, the white pants of that era wouldn't match up. So I figured it was best to just go all out and do a full green. I'm thinking of other potential options for the sunday throwback though, in case this one, over time, doesn't get good reception.

Thanks for the suggestions! Any other comments, anyone?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

For the actual logo, it might look better if the two middle panels of the ball were the same colour/joined so it looks like a baseball and not a basketball. Pretty quick change to make a world of difference, I think.

Also, the green and navy are a little too similar.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Thanks YesSir! Much appreciated!

AnythingChicago - Yeah I knew I'd be reaching when I made the throwback sunday alternate haha. With the use of the green throwback last year, I just figured it'd be the right uniform to throwback to, but I wanted to be realistic about it - back then, the home uniform had purple, gold, and green instead of just green and gold, and so if I were to use white pants for the throwback, the white pants of that era wouldn't match up. So I figured it was best to just go all out and do a full green. I'm thinking of other potential options for the sunday throwback though, in case this one, over time, doesn't get good reception.

Thanks for the suggestions! Any other comments, anyone?

Ok. I'm probably a bad person to take C&C from on throwbacks; I'm very anti-throwback.

25yzwqg.png

I'm going to be in the minority on this one, but I like all the uniforms except for the throwback. While, I know the Utah Jazz wore those colors at one point in their history, I only think of the Supersonics in green and gold, not the Jazz. In fact, I think of them in Purple before I would ever think of them in that combo. However, I like the design of the other three uniforms, so you'll get no complaints from me on those.

One the other wordmarks would be better on these.

je6i81hlxtnzzdzhwnu02ra4l.gifarbv3hyjygra7e4n173f1guvs.giff9s4b7ubgr4z9xctfi81wgubu.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived