Heritage NHL Uniforms by HawkeyHouse

HawkeyHouse

Chicago Blackhawks: I got the idea for the design from their old jerseys from the 1937-1939 seasons. But instead of making it look like the Ottawa Senators old uniforms, I kept the same idea they have now from the Home and Road jerseys.

Vancouver Canucks: Finding a good idea for the Canucks took me a while. I eventually went with the 'V' design they had from 1978-1985, but swapped the colors with their current ones and added a "heritage white" and used their original logo.

5514686959_4618e7d524_b.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers: This concept comes from the Philadelphia Quakers, a team that existed in 1930. I got rid of the shoulder color that the Quakers jersey had and just made stripes on the arms.

Boston Bruins: For the Bruins I went with a combination of uniforms. I went back and fixed the original concept and went with the designs from 1939-1955. They had a steady look and it is much more vintage than the original.

5525326540_2eb352749b_b.jpg

Colorado Avalanche: This design was a combination of the Colorado Rockies uniforms, and the Quebec Nordiques uniforms.

Detroit Red Wings: I had a lot of trouble trying to think of something to do for the Red Wings. Their uniforms are so simple, yet so cool I had trouble trying to tweak them. So I just made a variation of their Winter Classic uniforms.

5514687077_ca7a8924bf_b.jpg

Washington Capitals: I looked back at the Capitals uniforms from 1974-1995 and made my own variation of the design. I made it look more modern like their current uniforms and used blue as the main color.

Pittsburgh Penguins: This concept is a combination of their jerseys from 1977-1981. Since the team is in love with putting blue into their alternative and winter classic uniforms, I did the same, put also put in their old gold color.

5515280076_85e4aabdeb_b.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes: This is a simplification of the Hartford Whalers and Carolina Hurricanes uniforms.

New Jersey Devils: For the Devils I looked back at their 1982-1992 uniforms and added the green back into the design. Its not a drastic change from the teams identity.

5514687205_217428ce0b_b.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Rangers: The Rangers concept comes from an older New York team named the Americans. I simplified the Americans home jersey for the Rangers.

New York Isladners: This is the only uniform where I couldn't find anything from the past to make a heritage look. So what I did was looked at old uniforms and heritage concepts and made my own.

5514687289_09398c2fc8_b.jpg

Ottawa Senators: For the Senators I looked at their 1917-1921 uniforms. You know, the one with a lot of stripes? It made it look neat and used an older Senators logo.

Buffalo Sabres: I decided to keep the trend and made a similar uniform to the Senators concept, but added some Sabre'esque features to it.

5514687363_a382878bd9_b.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs: This was a fun jersey to created. I ended up using the teams away uniform from 1934 and did some "modernifications" to it.

Montreal Canadiens: Another fun jersey to create, I kept it simple and used the design they had from 1917-1919 and made it a Road uniform. I kept simple solid stripes and used some "heritage" looking colors.

5515280272_35fce941c4_b.jpg

Los Angeles Kings: For the Kings uniform, I decided to combine their uniforms from 1967-1988 and keep the old purple and yellow colors.

Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks uniform is a combination of the Mighty Ducks design and their current design.

5515280314_5400b57b80_b.jpg

Dallas Stars: This was an earlier concept I had, the idea for it was an enlarged star that laid over the uniform.

Minnesota Wild: I made this matchup for this very reason, I used the North Stars design and made it the Wilds.

5515280360_496fc53a14_b.jpg

St.Louis Blues: A throwback to the designs from 1973-1984, but made the stripes a bit more simplified.

Columbus Blue Jackets: With the Blue Jackets, I looked at the Cleveland Barons uniforms from 1976-1978.

5515280418_b9283f31fa_b.jpg

San Jose Sharks: For the Sharks, I went and looked at the California Seals after I took a few suggestions from the community. I used the Sharks colors and the original Seals jersey design. I also got rid of the black.

Phoenix Coyotes: For the Coyotes, I looked at the Winnipeg Jets uniforms from 1979-90 and used the colors of the Coyotes to get a cool design.

5521783276_b4df274973_b.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning: The Lightning's concept is a combination, inspiration and concept I had for the Lightning. Putting together new and old to try to get a blend of the two.

Florida Panthers: Florida has one of the weirdest uniforms in the history of the NHL, I used the away uniforms from 1993-2007 to get the design.

5514687709_53432736ed_b.jpg

Nashville Predators: The Predators concept is a combination of all their uniforms and I attempted to make it look simple and nice.

Atlanta Thrashers: The Trashers concept has similar striping to the Atlanta Flames, as well as a similar logo.

5524832607_06b21b7828_b.jpg

Calgary Flames: For the Flames I used the jersey that Calgary Cowboys had, and used the colors of the Flames.

Edmonton Oilers: Last but not least, the Oilers concept is an alteration of the teams Road uniforms from 1979-1997.

5515280622_aa414cb705_b.jpg

Great effort here.

One thing I'd like to see is with the Sharks maybe go back to the Golden Seal days.

Thanks. I feel like the Seal's design will look to similar to other designs I made. It was difficult trying to get something I liked for the Sharks, and I'm still not pleased with what I posted.

I see your signature is a Calgary Flame, do you like the attempt of mine?

I applaud your finishing the concept.

A little too much vintage white. Canucks, Wings, Canes, and the Sabres don't need it. Rethink the Trashers and the Panthers. The other ones are fine.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

My favorite is the Canucks.

However, the Panthers and Thrashers are not the only ones you should start over on. I would redo Nashville as well.

Panthers, Thrashers and Predators are the last ones I did too, I couldn't think of ANYTHING. Any suggestions?

However, the Panthers and Thrashers are not the only ones you should start over on. I would redo Nashville as well.

Panthers, Thrashers and Predators are the last ones I did too, I couldn't think of ANYTHING. Any suggestions?

Panthers: Try dropping the long arm stripes for horizontal stripes. Keep the colors and it doesn't have to be like their alternate jersey. I would do something with alot of red and yellow with thin navy trims. Just my 0,02$.

Thrashers: All those little triangles don't make the jersey more vintage. I like the combo of maroon and navy together but I think there should be more maroon. I would even try using vintage white for fun. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but it can be executed well.

Predators: How about a simplified logo without all of the silver reflections? I designed something like that a long time ago. I liked the final result. Also, I would do a yellow jersey with any kind of throwback style striping, with current colors.

Panthers: Try dropping the long arm stripes for horizontal stripes. Keep the colors and it doesn't have to be like their alternate jersey. I would do something with alot of red and yellow with thin navy trims. Just my 0,02$.

Thrashers: All those little triangles don't make the jersey more vintage. I like the combo of maroon and navy together but I think there should be more maroon. I would even try using vintage white for fun. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but it can be executed well.

Predators: How about a simplified logo without all of the silver reflections? I designed something like that a long time ago. I liked the final result. Also, I would do a yellow jersey with any kind of throwback style striping, with current colors.

Okay thanks, those do help. I'll try to work those up. I will let you know when Im finished with them.

THe placing of the chest number on the Rangers is awkward. Maybe center it, a la Dallas

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

These look pretty good. You said you had trouble coming up with an inspiration for the Islanders. May I recommend the old Long Island Ducks from the 60s?

I attempted a design along the lines of the Long Island Ducks. If this jersey is what your thinking of, I'm personally not a fan of the weird duck beak. I might have another go at the Islanders though. Something might come up.

Good designs overall, but the blue seems a little out of place on the Pens jersey. I think it'd look a little better with the black, as a throwback to the 80's, but that's your call.

I used the blue and yellow to mix to mix the jerseys from 77-81.

Archived