Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Concept

neo_prankster

It'd work with their year 1 number font, that's for sure. With the right coloring, it could work as a shoulder logo - but not with the new Maple Wings set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

TB.png

Here's what I came up with for colour placement. I couldn't figure out where to put the silver, and frankly, I don't think it's necessary.

Awesome concept, btw.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

It'd work with their year 1 number font, that's for sure. With the right coloring, it could work as a shoulder logo - but not with the new Maple Wings set.

Agreed. This logo fits in perfectly with the original uniform set. It looks like it was taken right out of that era. Put that on the shoulders of the original jerseys and it would be fine.

Agreed. This logo fits in perfectly with the original uniform set. It looks like it was taken right out of that era. Put that on the shoulders of the original jerseys and it would be fine.

If this should be put on the shoulders, would you use the bolt with the name, or the bolt with the Florida map on the chest?

If this should be put on the shoulders, would you use the bolt with the name, or the bolt with the Florida map on the chest?

Personally, I would go with the Florida one, as the name one would seem slightly redundant. On second thought, the TB on the chest and the circle/lightning on the shoulders might look sweet. Either way, I think it would fit in nicely.

Archived