2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

The countdown has begun. 48 hours until Bruce Boudreau's coaching career in Washington is over. I expect a house cleaning after this pathetic effort by Washington. By house cleaning I mean coaches, GM, scouts and players. The choice of players by GM and scouts has proven over the past three years that these are not the players to get you a Cup or even a chance at a Cup. For as well as they do in the regular season, they don't have what it takes when the heat is turned on. I'll be shocked not to see Boudreau fired and a full-on house cleaning. It's time to break this team up and rebuild with a new GM and coach.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce has to go. Has to. He is getting out coached by a rookie head coach. A good one, but a rookie nonetheless. He was almost out coached by Torts too, but the Caps skill got them by the Rangers. This series is over, I dont think we see Game 5 barring a monumental collapse by Tampa, and I dont see it, not with the leadership they have.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It ain't over till it's over, we learned this last year with Philly coming back against Boston, it's not impossible.

And WTF, way to rip off philly's "orange crush" Nashville, Though I do like the idea of having the fans wear coloured t-shirts during the game. I would like to see the Canucks try that with green.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

And WTF, way to rip off philly's "orange crush" Nashville, Though I do like the idea of having the fans wear coloured t-shirts during the game. I would like to see the Canucks try that with green.

It actually reminds me more of Winnipeg's "white-outs". (Yes, I know the Coyotes did them too, but it just isn't the same when the building's only one-third full. :P ) If the Preds can replicate the atmosphere of a Canadian arena for the playoffs, maybe Nashville just might have a place in this league after all.

CCSLC signature.png

If the Preds can replicate the atmosphere of a Canadian arena for the playoffs, maybe Nashville just might have a place in this league after all.

I think that's really being demonstrated. I wouldn't have thought it possible in the wake of Jim Balsillie's premature relocation and Boots DelBiaggio's Ponzi FunBuxx purchase a few years ago, but it seems like the Predators are taking root. The fan support is there, and it seems like the corporate support is there, though I'm not familiar with specifics. In fact, when someone like noted Canadian partisan troll Damien Cox, who probably thinks of St. Louis as a non-traditional market, appears to grudgingly be in your corner, I'd say you're doing something right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

New Sharks?

Not even the Sharks choke as much as the Crapitals

I know this is seems harsh since they have won cups before, but the Devils post lockout were as bad as the Sharks and Caps at choking in the playoffs. They always had higher seeds but couldn't get to the conference finals once. My Sharks have earned the choker label, but I just wanted to point it out.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It actually reminds me more of Winnipeg's "white-outs". (Yes, I know the Coyotes did them too, but it just isn't the same when the building's only one-third full. :P ) If the Preds can replicate the atmosphere of a Canadian arena for the playoffs, maybe Nashville just might have a place in this league after all.

I guess you guys don't watch other sports, because "color"-outs are pretty common in basketball. No league, sport, or team really has a monopoly on those things.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Is it too soon to call the Caps the new Sharks?

Regardless, the Caps are who we thought they were. Shame on (almost all of) us for picking them to advance ot the ECF.

6uXNWAo.png

the crowd makes me think of cheetos

The Preds crowd? Cheetos are more orange than yellow... if anything, the Flyers crowd would look like cheetos.

Anyway, I like seeing a crowd in all yellow. At least it brightens up the place a little. Better than boring overused blue.

Regardless, the Caps are who we thought they were. Shame on (almost all of) us for picking them to advance ot the ECF.

Wouldn't that mean that they aren't who we thought they were?

Wouldn't that mean that they aren't who we thought they were?

I simply thought the Mighty Ovie and the Caps would all-but sweep the young, untested Lightning. Or at least that's my excuse for picking "Sharks East".

6uXNWAo.png

Archived