Vanderbilt navy jerseys...

MJD802

Vanderbilt is playing LSU on ESPN2 and they're wearing navy jerseys with red/white logo and #s. I assume it's for military appreciation but I didn't come up with anything when I Googled it. Anyone know the specific reason for them?

Vanderbilt is playing LSU on ESPN2 and they're wearing navy jerseys with red/white logo and #s. I assume it's for military appreciation but I didn't come up with anything when I Googled it. Anyone know the specific reason for them?

They wear them every Sunday at home for Military Appreciation.

Vandy baseball - love their alt jerseys. Can't find a photo of the current version, but it's basically this (David Price), but with Vanderbilt in script rather than Commodores and a solid black stripe on the pants rather than the black gold black. Very old school:

BB3TN30.jpg

edit - here's the current version (they wore these yesterday - Sat vs. LSU):

5604624633_7322ba4448.jpg

5604622487_3a5bd6d284.jpg

And here's the red/white/blue they wore today:

vanderbilt-university-automatically-imported--van-x-auto-00052xlg.jpg

You can't really see it there, but they have stars and stripes caps too (Coach Tim Corbin):

Corbin-Rapp.jpg

I agree. The red looked orange on my TV, non-HD. Sorry, but the color scheme seems too incongruous with the school's primary colors. In general, I like their uniform sets. I'm not a big fan of the gigantic 'V' on the hat.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

When I first saw "Vanderbilt navy jerseys," I was picturing what they would normally wear, but with navy replacing black... something that's actually fitting seeing as how they're nicknamed after a Naval rank. Given what they could have done, this seems pretty lazy and insincere seeing as how nothing about stars and stripes specifically calls attention to the military.

i also noticed that vandy and lsu both use white pants at home and on the road, i think tennessee also suffers from this flaw...i wonder why they dont just get a road set? anyone have any answers?

Wut? Name a team that doesn't wear white pants on the road with a primary color top.

i also noticed that vandy and lsu both use white pants at home and on the road, i think tennessee also suffers from this flaw...i wonder why they dont just get a road set? anyone have any answers?

Wut? Name a team that doesn't wear white pants on the road with a primary color top.

See: texas

Miami.png

Vandy baseball - love their alt jerseys. Can't find a photo of the current version, but it's basically this (David Price), but with Vanderbilt in script rather than Commodores and a solid black stripe on the pants rather than the black gold black. Very old school:

BB3TN30.jpg

Anyone else see this^ as a ripoff of the Cardials' jerseys?

0a8uox3r4pny0s4fwf0cf2pxn.gif

2043050vl19qK6.gif

BB3TN30.jpg

Anyone else see this^ as a ripoff of the Cardials' jerseys?

0a8uox3r4pny0s4fwf0cf2pxn.gif

It is based off the Cardinals, not exactly a ripoff. Tulane has something similar, only with the birds (Pelicans?) on the bat.

Archived