Random work done the past year or so

creativelysain

Here's some random work I've done the last year to 2 years. I'm not really happy with a lot of it, as they were concept phase ideas put together for clients in too small amount of time. Some are for minor league football teams, some are contest submissions, some never got off the drawing board. Some are ideas passed over that have been reworked and retooled numerous times and some are fresh ideas. A couple I am fond of, others, not so much, but I wanted to share some ideas that I had tucked away in the far reaches of my hard drive.

I'd love to hear any thoughts, good, bad, indifferent, whatever strikes you. If there's any in particular you'd like to see closer, let me know and I'll post a larger format.

work2011-1.gif?t=1304554289

I never knew you were the one who did the Rippers and the one above it, saw it on The Clink Room. I really like the Rippers one. They're all pretty good for being not complete, especially the Blue Racers and the Firebirds. Any chance we could get a larger version of those two?

Some of these are in use currently, but I'm still not 100% satisfied, as I'm sure most designers aren't always satisfied with their work. If it were up to me I'd get to continuously tweak them haha, but we all know that it doesn't work like that. I think of what I posted, 4 are current identities being used:

1. top left

2. top right

3. 4th row far right

4. bottom row middle

Those are in use, these rest never got to the final stage of being purchased. So they just sit in limbo. I'll post some larger in a bit.

Ok, some closer looks...

Top two were Clink Room submissions, the Graverobbers concept being one of my favorites. I like making silly things into illustrations that you don't see everyday, or that you never will. Jack the Ripper was fun too, as the blood made it the goriest concept I have done.

The Blue Racers was for a CIFL team. There are parts I like and some I don't like, per the request of management. Adding a football in there wasn't the best idea imo, but some things you have to let go and have no say in.

The Firebirds was a team that never got off the ground. I liked the general idea of this one, there was a lot of discussion regarding the directional positioning of the bird, it never got to the stages where it really mattered though. I wanted the "F" in there, facing the other way would have made that difficult.

The bottom images are some from long, long ago I dug out. A couple are for colleges that are far from finished and never got developed further, and some are generic ideas that probably won't see the light of day except here.

closer-look-concepts.jpg

LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE your "Raptors" concept. Excellent work!

"Gators" concept looks good, but i would try different colors.

I also really like you "Skeleton" concept ..... reminds me of this

Closertothesun.jpg

Overall, tremendous job. You are very talented!

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE your "Raptors" concept. Excellent work!

"Gators" concept looks good, but i would try different colors.

I also really like you "Skeleton" concept ..... reminds me of this

Closertothesun.jpg

Overall, tremendous job. You are very talented!

ha. i love slightly stoopid! but i doubt he had any say in the colors. the team probably told him what colors to use.

So I found a bunch of stuff I worked on over the last 6-7 years I totally forgot about, glad I looked. Some of these are pretty "out there" which is why they were never used, but those are my favorite kinds, mostly being for minor league sports anyways. You have to get wild and crazy if you want to get noticed I think.

closer-look-concepts2.jpg

And here's some concepts I did for the Hickory Crawdads back in late '09. There were wanting a new mascot suit, and mascot design, so I did the entire logo package to present to them as well. I/my company ended up not being chosen since we couldn't manufacture the mascot costume in-house, although they liked our design(s). Go figure.

hky.jpg

Archived