NYI black alt

Le Québécois

I am not a fan of wordmarks as logos, so I don't really like this concept.

The stripes aren't bad, but you gotta at least have the main crest on the chest.

Just my thoughts.

2ly2w09.jpg

Other than the "black for black sake", I think this is well done. I'm not a fan of numbers on the front of a jersey, but it works here. This is one of the best black NYI concepts I've seen.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

BFBS is a class A felony on these boards. And for the Isles I don't see it helping. An orange alt, maybe even a teal one, but black. Where does it come from? Gotta vote no on this one.

A felony??????? Gees! Taking this a little bit too seriously maybe? And to answer your question, it comes from my imagination and I did it on a concepts forum. I don't see any rules or guidelines regarding the choice of colours in a posted concept. And to answer the other fella, if I wish to imagine a black jersey for a team that doesn't the color black in the colour schemem what is the problem with that? This is a concepts board guys.... Concepts board.... Think about it, cooooooooncepts! People have business creating what ever they want to create...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I don't have a problem with the black and that's shocking to me, he pulled it off well. What I have an issue with, is the use of Brush Script for the "Islanders" wordmark.

BFBS is a class A felony on these boards. And for the Isles I don't see it helping. An orange alt, maybe even a teal one, but black. Where does it come from? Gotta vote no on this one.

A felony??????? Gees! Taking this a little bit too seriously maybe? And to answer your question, it comes from my imagination and I did it on a concepts forum. I don't see any rules or guidelines regarding the choice of colours in a posted concept. And to answer the other fella, if I wish to imagine a black jersey for a team that doesn't the color black in the colour schemem what is the problem with that? This is a concepts board guys.... Concepts board.... Think about it, cooooooooncepts! People have business creating what ever they want to create...

My comment wasn't directed at you, man. You have every right to make whatever concept you like, and frankly I think you did a good job here. I'm simply saying that it's ridiculous that the islanders are getting a black alternate (or so goes the rumor).

My comment wasn't directed at you, man. You have every right to make whatever concept you like, and frankly I think you did a good job here. I'm simply saying that it's ridiculous that the islanders are getting a black alternate (or so goes the rumor).

cool... well, I read somewhere that the fact that a team that wears black is more intimidating for the opponents. Is it true? I have no idea!

And as for the name islanders in front, I took it from the Islanders page on this site....

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

The Isles are such a poorly run franchise. Every aspect: contracts, drafting (with the odd exceptions) and uniforms.

They made a good choice going back to their roots with their unis, and now they're going to add this cluster:censored: to the equation. Just keep the set you have now and do it Devils-style: No 3rd, because you know you'll screw it up.

sig.png

Archived