2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

The BCS is so corrupt. Arkansas beat, according to them, the #9 team in the COUNTRY and drops a spot? A one-loss Alabama team only drops one spot, staying ahead of Heisman frontrunner and UNDEFEATED Stanford? A three-loss Baylor team that has been blown out by Texas A&M ranked, but a 7-2, 5-0 conference record of TCU is not? Gimme a break.

9zr9jl.gif

This is my mock Top 25, the way I think it should be.

Couldn't agree more.

And, willmorris, I can't wait for the Orange Bowl! :hockeysmiley:

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BCS is so corrupt. Arkansas beat, according to them, the #9 team in the COUNTRY and drops a spot? A one-loss Alabama team only drops one spot, staying ahead of Heisman frontrunner and UNDEFEATED Stanford? A three-loss Baylor team that has been blown out by Texas A&M ranked, but a 7-2, 5-0 conference record of TCU is not? Gimme a break.

9zr9jl.gif

This is my mock Top 25, the way I think it should be.

Holy god that was my exact mock 25!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Huge Sooner and Duck fan in the coming weeks. Now that I have had 24hrs to absorb the Tide's loss, granted Foster and Shelley feel like massive a$$es today, but I feel that Trent Richardson wasn't nearly used as much as he could have especially in the passing game. Oh well, I still think the Tide can get back in this thing, with some help obviously. Be nuts if LSU, Alabama and Arkansas all finished with one loss.

LSU to Arkansas

Bama to LSU

Arkansas to Bama

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Oh hell no... Alabama only dropped to #3... If Oklahoma beats OK State, we are screwed.

BCS Standings

#1 LSU

#2 Oklahoma State

#3 Alabama

#4 Stanford

#5 Boise State

#6 Oklahoma

#7 Oregon

#8 Arkansas

#9 Clemson

#10 Virginia Tech

Well, that puts an end to the ridiculous "the regular season is a playoff" argument. If the regular season truly was a playoff, Bama would have dropped to at least 5th, because, you know, they lost. They had their shot at LSU, in their own stadium, and they blew it, and that would have been that. But no, instead the BCS is clearly trying to set the stage for a rematch of that borefest in the title game, as if the first game wasn't painful enough, simply because they're so far up the SEC's ass it's scary. This crap is killing college football.

I especially feel bad for Okie Lite, who I firmly believe is the best team in the nation right now. They're going to get railroaded by SEC bias, and it will be disgusting.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Current Cujo Championsip Series Rankings

1 ? Louisiana State Tigers

2 ? Stanford Cardinal

3 ? Oklahoma State Cowboys

4 ? Oregon Ducks

5 ? Alabama Crimson Tide

6 ? Oklahoma Sooners

7 ? Arkansas Razorbacks

8 ? Penn State Nittany Lions

9 ? Virginia Tech Hokies

10 ? Clemson Tigers

11 ? Michigan State Spartans

12 ? Georgia Bulldogs

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

591 ? Mesa State Mavericks

592 ? Colorado Buffaloes

593 ? New Mexico Lobos

6uXNWAo.png

Oh hell no... Alabama only dropped to #3... If Oklahoma beats OK State, we are screwed.

BCS Standings

#1 LSU

#2 Oklahoma State

#3 Alabama

#4 Stanford

#5 Boise State

#6 Oklahoma

#7 Oregon

#8 Arkansas

#9 Clemson

#10 Virginia Tech

Well, that puts an end to the ridiculous "the regular season is a playoff" argument. If the regular season truly was a playoff, Bama would have dropped to at least 5th, because, you know, they lost. They had their shot at LSU, in their own stadium, and they blew it, and that would have been that. But no, instead the BCS is clearly trying to set the stage for a rematch of that borefest in the title game, as if the first game wasn't painful enough, simply because they're so far up the SEC's ass it's scary. This crap is killing college football.

I especially feel bad for Okie Lite, who I firmly believe is the best team in the nation right now. They're going to get railroaded by SEC bias, and it will be disgusting.

Alabama is #3 right now only because their resume, to the computers, includes playing the #1 team in the country. Alabama has also beaten the current #8 and #12 teams in the BCS standings, hence so much love in the computers.

The Stanford/Oregon winner will get a boost next weekend, with Stanford likely getting bumped to #3. The Oklahoma/Oklahoma State winner will get a boost when the time comes. Meanwhile, with all the stiffs on Boise State's schedule, the computers aren't liking them.

The BCS computer polls only take into account the raw numbers of what's happened. It's an incomplete process until every game's been played. You continually forget that.

There's still four weeks to go. Let the season play itself out before you start whining yourself into a tizzy.

1 • Louisiana State Tigers

2 • Stanford Cardinal

3 • Oklahoma State Cowboys

4 • Oregon Ducks

5 • Alabama Crimson Tide

6 • Oklahoma Sooners

7 • Arkansas Razorbacks

8 • Penn State Nittany Lions

9 • Virginia Tech Hokies

10 • Clemson Tigers

11 • Michigan State Spartans

12 • Georgia Bulldogs

591 • Mesa State Mavericks

592 • Colorado Buffaloes

593 • New Mexico Lobos

Having Penn State in your top ten while leaving Boise out is absolutely absurd. Set the line at Boise -20 and I'll still take them. Even saying Boise has a weak schedule is a bad argument because they've at least beaten Georgia. What's Penn State's best win? Iowa, Illinois, and Purdue are the only half decent teams they've beaten.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

1 ? Louisiana State Tigers

2 ? Stanford Cardinal

3 ? Oklahoma State Cowboys

4 ? Oregon Ducks

5 ? Alabama Crimson Tide

6 ? Oklahoma Sooners

7 ? Arkansas Razorbacks

8 ? Penn State Nittany Lions

9 ? Virginia Tech Hokies

10 ? Clemson Tigers

11 ? Michigan State Spartans

12 ? Georgia Bulldogs

591 ? Mesa State Mavericks

592 ? Colorado Buffaloes

593 ? New Mexico Lobos

You do realize that Boise beat Georgia at Georgia "on a neutral field", right?

Right?

Right?

Again, Boise State doesn't play in a BCS conference -- therefore, should not be included in any BCS ranking system.

And based on THIS YEAR'S BODY OF WORK, beating Georgia is ALL Boise has done.

6uXNWAo.png

Right?

Again, Boise State doesn't play in a BCS conference -- therefore, should not be included in any BCS ranking system.

And based on THIS YEAR'S BODY OF WORK, beating Georgia is ALL Boise has done.

Meanwhile Penn State has beaten... um... Yeah, I'll get back to you on that one.

And Boise State doesn't play in a BCS Automatic Qualifying conference. Which is why the Mountain West is refereed to as non-AQ.

Doomsday scenario:

LSU loses to Arkansas - who goes on to represent the SEC West in the SEC title game

OK State loses to Oklahoma

Stanford loses to Oregon

We could have a situation where it's LSU vs. Alabama - and neither team won their own conference!

If Arkansas plays in the SEC Championship, then LSU and Alabama won't be able to have a rematch.

The BCS bowls are obligated to taking the SEC Champion and only one at-large team from the SEC. Since Arkansas and Georgia (or East champion) would be the conference champion, there's only one spot for LSU and Alabama. The higher ranked goes to the BCS NCG, the other goes to the Capital One Bowl.

Doomsday scenario:

LSU loses to Arkansas - who goes on to represent the SEC West in the SEC title game

Stanford loses to Oregon

We could have a situation where it's LSU vs. Alabama - and neither team won their own conference!

If Arkansas plays in the SEC Championship, then LSU and Alabama won't be able to have a rematch.

The BCS bowls are obligated to taking the SEC Champion and only one at-large team from the SEC. Since Arkansas and Georgia (or East champion) would be the conference champion, there's only one spot for LSU and Alabama. The higher ranked goes to the BCS NCG, the other goes to the Capital One Bowl.

So this poses an interesting question: If Arkansas wins out, and Ok State win out, Does Arkansas and Ok State play in the title game? How trippy would that be?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Doomsday scenario:

Stanford loses to Oregon

Wouldn't it be a travesty if Arkansas beat LSU... but ended up still behind them in the polls (and in the comps) based on overall body of work. We could have a very messy situation where the SEC Champion doesn't end up playing for the NCG.

But messy is good. GO HOGS! PIG SOOEY!

So this poses an interesting question: If Arkansas wins out, and Ok State win out, Does Arkansas and Ok State play in the title game? How trippy would that be?

It'll depend on how the BCS standings look the Sunday before the SEC Championship Game.

If Arkansas beats LSU, we're most likely looking at a 3-way tie between Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU.....all at 7-1 and 11-1. I believe the first tiebreaker among three teams is the BCS rankings (and it's not simply just the highest-ranked...there's rules that are dependent on how closely ranked the three teams are).

It'll depend on how the BCS standings look the Sunday before the SEC Championship Game.

If Arkansas beats LSU, we're most likely looking at a 3-way tie between Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU.....all at 7-1 and 11-1. I believe the first tiebreaker among three teams is the BCS rankings (and it's not simply just the highest-ranked...there's rules that are dependent on how closely ranked the three teams are).

Which will all probably boil down to the poll voters - who will likely have LSU ranked ahead of both teams because LSU was ranked highest before the season started.

Stupid crap like this is why I can never take college football entirely seriously.

Which will all probably boil down to the poll voters - who will likely have LSU ranked ahead of both teams because LSU was ranked highest before the season started.

Stupid crap like this is why I can never take college football entirely seriously.

The preseason rankings (both AP and Coaches) had Alabama at #2, LSU at #4, and Arkansas at #14/15.

It's exactly what happened in 2008 in the Big-12 South. Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma. Texas beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma beat Texas Tech, and Texas Tech beat Texas. Oklahoma was #2, Texas was #3 and Tech was #8, so Oklahoma went to the Big-12 game, and ultimately lost to Florida in the BCS game. Texas ended up in the Fiesta Bowl and beat Ohio State. Tech was relegated to the Cotton Bowl and lost to Ole Miss.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The preseason rankings (both AP and Coaches) had Alabama at #2, LSU at #4, and Arkansas at #14/15.

I stand corrected... though my point about college football preseason rankings having so much bearing on the national title picture still stands. It's absurd. 12 games is a tiny sample size and doesn't allow things to be settled on the field.

What if Stanford, Okie State and LSU all finish unbeaten?

Archived