2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I think that field goal at the end by OSU was good. This'll be bad if Iowa State ends up winning this overtime.

Looks like you win prediction of the night Mac. Anyway... That was pretty cool. Nice job Cyclones. For everyone hoping for BCS chaos, we're officially on our way. Despite the fact that they're ranked lower than Nikeogon and Alabama, I think this puts Oklahoma in the driver's seat. No one wants a rematch so we're going to see the Sooners start climbing in the polls. Let the BCS bitchfest begin!

But that Sooner lost to Texas Tech at home still looks bad and Oregon's only loss was to #1 LSU on a neutral site but the voters are morons so what do we know ^_^

My point exactly.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that field goal at the end by OSU was good. This'll be bad if Iowa State ends up winning this overtime.

Looks like you win prediction of the night Mac. Anyway... That was pretty cool. Nice job Cyclones. For everyone hoping for BCS chaos, we're officially on our way. Despite the fact that they're ranked lower than Nikeogon and Alabama, I think this puts Oklahoma in the driver's seat. No one wants a rematch so we're going to see the Sooners start climbing in the polls. Let the BCS bitchfest begin!

But that Sooner lost to Texas Tech at home still looks bad and Oregon's only loss was to #1 LSU on a neutral site but the voters are morons so what do we know ^_^

If Okie State ends up beating Oklahoma then an Oregon-LSU rematch is inevitable in my opinion if they both run the table the rest of the way

But Alabama hasn't lost yet in regulation, and lost to a better team in OT than Oklahoma State did.

Bama isn't even going to win their division this year. No way they should play for the title. Plus, i think the majority of people would agree that another LSU-Bama snoozefest would be unwanted.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If Okie State ends up beating Oklahoma then an Oregon-LSU rematch is inevitable in my opinion if they both run the table the rest of the way

But Alabama hasn't lost yet in regulation, and lost to a better team in OT than Oklahoma State did.

Bama isn't even going to win their division this year. No way they should play for the title. Plus, i think the majority of people would agree that another LSU-Bama snoozefest would be unwanted.

Don't put it past the BCS. They would probably love two recent championship universities to play each other for the Title.

Yes, even if its a rematch of what was a poorly-played game from late in the season.

The BCS has a serious drool-fest over the SEC.

spacer.png

So in the end it could up being either Oregon or Alabama vs. LSU for the BCS title. Both lost to LSU during the season. Alabama lost at home and Oregon lost on a neutral site. Alabama was more competitive and the LSU-Oregon match-up was the first game of the season. So who goes against LSU if it comes to that?

You can debate whether or not Alabam deserves to be in the National Title game all you want, and I think they should be if they go unbeaten the rest of the way, but I just can't see the BCS having two teams in the same conference face off in the National Title game.

Even if both Oklahoma and Oregon lost, I could still see the BCS digging up Clemson to play LSU if they go unbeaten the rest of the way.

Also if Arkansas beat LSU, and Oklahoma and Oregon went unbeaten the rest of the way, it would be BCS armageddon, because now you would have five teams with legit claims at being in the National title game.

That's what's great about this. We'll just have to wait a see what happens.

Exactly. And if past history is any indication, the chaos only started tonight. We'll see a lot more insanity before this is over. At least two of the teams currently in the mix will lose before the season ends. For example, Oregon will be stepping off the stage to tomorrow night. You heard it here first. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Exactly. And if past history is any indication, the chaos only started tonight. We'll see a lot more insanity before this is over. At least two of the teams currently in the mix will lose before the season ends. For example, Oregon will be stepping off the stage to tomorrow night. You heard it here first. B)

I think Oregon is going to rip USC a new one much like they did to Stanford and I want Rutgers to win the Big East just for the hell of it.

And then hear the b/tching from the sides that got jilted.

You're new here so you don't have a true idea of what's in store for this thread. Suffice it to say that "bitching from the sides that got jilted" is really underselling what's going to happen in here. The playoff debate alone is worth the price of admission. B)

BB52Big.jpg

You gotta feel good for Iowa State, this team has been a punching bag for years and now they landed a landmark win. Without a dout the biggest win in School history.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Could just go to a playoff system but the who the hell needs a playoff system? Just keep running the bowl system that's been outdated for 40+ years now and is doing something it was never designed to do if only for the sake of tradition. Well that and god forbid a non big conference team makes a BCS game, which won't be a problem anymore once the BCS decides to drop Fiesta, Orange, Sugar and Rose Bowls and just let the selection committees do whatever the hell they want.

12-0 out of the WAC? Liberty Bowl for you.

I think Oregon is going to rip USC a new one much like they did to Stanford and I want Rutgers to win the Big East just for the hell of it.

You're probably right. Just keep in mind that we're at that time of year. Iowa State pushed the boulder off the top of the hill tonight and that boulder is going to pick up momentum.

BB52Big.jpg

You're probably right. Just keep in mind that we're at that time of year. Iowa State pushed the boulder off the top of the hill tonight and that boulder is going to pick up momentum.

Hopefully there is mass chaos and we somehow get a Clemson-Arkansas BCS title game :lol:

I want Rutgers to win the Big East just for the hell of it.

They got first place Cincy at home this week and then on the road against a so-so UConn team.

I would assume West Virginia has the tiebreaker over them so they would need them to lose, but its possible.

I want Rutgers to win the Big East just for the hell of it.

They got first place Cincy at home this week and then on the road against a so-so UConn team.

I would assume West Virginia has the tiebreaker over them so they would need them to lose, but its possible.

Plus Cincinnati has Munchie at QB so you never know ^_^

Goodbye OSU.

Hello SEC/Oregon Title game.

*sigh*

Oregon had 7 months to prepare for LSU in Dallas and look what it did them.

I fail to see them fairing any better in New Orleans with 5 weeks to prepare. Especially given how long it took them to shake the derp off their offense last year. Humans, put Oklahoma in the title game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived