2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Goodbye OSU.

Hello SEC/Oregon Title game.

*sigh*

Oregon had 7 months to prepare for LSU in Dallas and look what it did them.

I fail to see them fairing any better in New Orleans with 5 weeks to prepare. Especially given how long it took them to shake the derp off their offense last year. Humans, put Oklahoma in the title game.

Yeah, Oklahoma, the team who lost to Texas Tech... at home. The team without their best wide receiver. The team most notable for choking in big games. Yes, that Oklahoma.

Well if you say so.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You had 7 months.

7 months.

And you lost. Go play in the Rose Bowl and house Wisconsin or Michigan State and think about what you did. The regular season be a playoff yo and you got knocked out in Week 1.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You had 7 months.

7 months.

And you lost. Go play in the Rose Bowl and house Wisconsin or Michigan State and think about what you did. The regular season be a playoff yo and you got knocked out in Week 1.

LSU had 7 months too. rams, you're not even making sense here. If the regular season is a playoff, then wouldn't Oklahoma be eliminated for, I don't know, LOSING TO TEXAS TECH AT HOME! By your logic, the championship game should be LSU and Houston. Is this correct?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

In football playoffs you don't get a second shot at the team that beat you. That's what I'm getting at. As for LSU having the same amount of time, you are correct, and LSU slapped Oregon silly. Why should we expect a different outcome if you give both teams a long time to prepare again?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In football playoffs you don't get a second shot at the team that beat you. That's what I'm getting at. As for LSU having the same amount of time, you are correct, and LSU slapped Oregon silly. Why should we expect a different outcome if you give both teams a long time to prepare again?

Because it's quite obvious that Oregon is a better team than they were in the first week of the season. Again, you're suggesting that a team that, I repeat, lost to Texas Tech AT HOME, play for the national title? And according to you're logic, Alabama shouldn't play for it, because they already lost to LSU. So who should take their place, Clemson?

Plus, we don't have a playoff system, so that analogy is invalid. Florida State beat Florida in the regular season, then creamed them in the national title game, way back in 1996.

Goodbye OSU.

Hello SEC/Oregon Title game.

*sigh*

Oregon had 7 months to prepare for LSU in Dallas and look what it did them.

I fail to see them fairing any better in New Orleans with 5 weeks to prepare. Especially given how long it took them to shake the derp off their offense last year. Humans, put Oklahoma Alabama in the title game.

Because it's quite obvious that Oregon is a better team than they were in the first week of the season. Again, you're suggesting that a team that, I repeat, lost to Texas Tech AT HOME, play for the national title? And according to you're logic, Alabama shouldn't play for it, because they already lost to LSU. So who should take their place, Clemson?

Plus, we don't have a playoff system, so that analogy is invalid. Florida State beat Florida in the regular season, then creamed them in the national title game, way back in 1996.

His point is that we've already seen LSU beat Oregon on a neutral-site this season. That possible rematch is almost getting as many yawns as a prospective LSU-Alabama rematch. If there's an option between 1-loss Oregon and 1-loss Oklahoma, the voters will almost certainly rank Oklahoma higher than Oregon.

To be honest, I'd rather watch Big Choke Bobby let another one slip away in the title game than see a rematch of LSU/Oregon or LSU/Bama, just on principle.

The BCS needs to figure out its spin. If the regular season truly is a playoff, well, Oregon and Bama already had their chances at LSU and they both lost. If they get a rematch, then there goes that dumb argument.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This "they haven't lost in regulation" argument is complete bull-:censored:. That's like saying the Red Sox didn't really lose game 6 because they lost it in extra innings. A loss is a loss. Period.

It just goes to show how intense the pro-SEC bias in college football is when Les Miles was able to use that idiotic argument to convince the BCS to put a 2-loss LSU team in the title game.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

His point is that we've already seen LSU beat Oregon on a neutral-site this season. That possible rematch is almost getting as many yawns as a prospective LSU-Alabama rematch. If there's an option between 1-loss Oregon and 1-loss Oklahoma, the voters will almost certainly rank Oklahoma higher than Oregon.

I think the re-match argument isn't as strong with Oregon, if only because that game was long ago, and in many ways, neither LSU or Oregon are the same teams now that they were then. We saw LSU/'Bama play a game in November - LSU/Oregon played at the very beginning of September.

spacer.png

I think the re-match argument isn't as strong with Oregon, if only because that game was long ago, and in many ways, neither LSU or Oregon are the same teams now that they were then. We saw LSU/'Bama play a game in November - LSU/Oregon played at the very beginning of September.

You're forgetting that thanks to the stupid 5-6 week layoff in between the end of the "regular" season and the BCS Championship game, both teams will be right back to where they were in September. Or do you keep missing the annual football derpfest that is the first half of the BCS Championship Game?

Today, we are all otaku.

Corso dropped the F-Bomb again - NSFW video in link

Carl Lewis', Fowler's, and Herbie's reactions were classic.

Was this censored on TV, or was this live? If this was live, Lee Corso is my hero.

Corso dropped the F-Bomb again - NSFW video in link

Carl Lewis', Fowler's, and Herbie's reactions were classic.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the third most successful coach in Indiana football history.

Today, we are all otaku.

Wisconsin absolutely crapped the bed in Champaign. This means that Penn State is playing for a trip the the B1G title game later. What a PR nightmare this could be.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Herbie's reaction was incredible.

Fowler was like most people, doubled over in laughter. Herbie was trying to look completely innocent and free of Corso's FCC sin.

Herbie was clearly trying to "move on" as if everyone would forget it if he just batted the mascot head around and tried to stick his head in it's mouth. Fowler obviously lost it.

And if you were watching the Illinois upset over Wisconsin on the Duece (unofficial, as it's still half time) Corso actually had an apology filmed. I assumed they showed it on EPSN as well.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As crazy as it sounds, Illinois should be winning by now. The punter dropped the snap and Wisconsin recovered on the 1 before their only score. Man, DuVernois sucks. I just hope they can keep it up in the second half. Zook might just save his job with this game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived