2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens if Arkansas beats LSU, Okie State beats Oklahoma, and USC hangs on against Oregon?

Boise State will rise from the ashes and we all will rehash that tired old "Do they belong?" discussion.

6uXNWAo.png

What happens if Arkansas beats LSU, Okie State beats Oklahoma, and USC hangs on against Oregon?

1-SEC tiebreaking rules HERE

2-OK State would still win the Big XII.

3-Oregon would still have the advantage in winning the Pac-12 North with a week to play, but out of the BCS title picture.

Boise State will rise from the ashes and we all will rehash that tired old "Do they belong?" discussion.

Believe me, Boise State fans are just as tired of that yearly bickerfest as you are.

Either stop ranking Boise State so high to begin with, or treat them like everyone else. The crap the BCS (and earlier in the year, media/coach polls) pull every year where they give BSU a high preseason ranking and then an artificial "ceiling" at around #5 no matter what they do only serves to fuel that inane argument.

=======

Really hope USC finishes the job against Oregon (which they failed to do against Stanford), and Big Choke Bobby choking again would be cool too.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Then it's BCS nuclear armageddon but Oklahoma might lose to Baylor tonight. So it's anyone's guess.

My guess is that we'd see some combination of 2 of the 3 SEC West big boys squaring off.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

There might be hope yet for Utah in the wretched Pac-12 South. If the Utes beat Colorado, UCLA loses at USC (which will likely happen) and if ASU gags against Zona and Cal (possible), Utah wins the south.

Southern Cal picked a bad year to be on probation, or they'd be looking at a rematch vs. Oregon for a trip to the Rose Bowl.

6uXNWAo.png

So let's say the following events happen (Oklahoma could just as easily lose to Baylor tonight). Would we see Arkansas in the Title game? Possibly Alabama? Hell, if it were up to me I'd give Houston a shot at the championship before any of the one-loss teams.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

So I got back from the State - Clemson game about an hour ago, the game was absolutely crazy. We had a great atmosphere and the defense played stellar. Before the game I was predicting a 17 point loss. But it's a little later than ususal HOWEVER Clemson will pull Clemson's and choke down the stretch. Could easily lose 3 in a row on there way to Orlando. No Sammy Watkins also helped. Only problem was the cops wouldn't let us rush the field. However, we'll see if Tom can get our boys up for Maryland and avoid a letdown like last week against BC. So hot and cold, hope we pull it off. Also I thought the all reds looked pretty smooth. I wasn't too big a fan of the helmets when we wore them against the Chippewas, but they went much better today with the all red.

There might be hope yet for Utah in the wretched Pac-12 South. If the Utes beat Colorado, UCLA loses at USC (which will likely happen) and if ASU gags against Zona and Cal (possible), Utah wins the south.

Southern Cal picked a bad year to be on probation, or they'd be looking at a rematch vs. Oregon for a trip to the Rose Bowl.

I'm sure the Pac-12 commish feels the same way

Archived